• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Disguises

Ok so it's been nearly a week since the last splatfest. How do I get my sea snails? I also didn't get the news with regards to who won...

Zing

Banned
Mines are a bit too slow. However, I feel the main problems are that they explode after a short time, and also cannot be replaced until they blow. Make them replaceable at will and I'm happy.

I have a feeling it has something to do with online lag. They couldn't allow your client-side to set mines while everyone else is still vulernable to the existing mine.

javac

Wow that sucks!

Yeah it is pretty annoying and makes me less enthusiastic for the next one. It was weird too because when the Splatfest ended it didn't show the results and Callie Marie said that they'll announce the winner after a break, so I just turned the system off and never really got the chance to boot the game up until yesterday. Its not the end of the world but I'd like some re-rolls for sure and 30k is too much. That's life I guess, at least I know now! :p

Heng

Ok so it's been nearly a week since the last splatfest. How do I get my sea snails? I also didn't get the news with regards to who won...
Someone reported earlier that they didn't receive their sea snails after waiting a few days after splatfest. Your case maybe similar to his/her situation.

You have to think about ratios. The cats had less than half the player base. Only winning by a percent isn't fair at all. That group couldn't have played the entire other group. Cats needed to be at 57%, I think someone did the math on it.

I don't see how number of players should have any influence on the results, of the total number of matches played between cats and dogs, cats won the highest percentage, therefore they won. You don't have sports events where an underdog team wins, but then the victory is given to the losing team anyway because they have more staff working for them. Having player numbers contribute to the final score is only going to make future Splatfests more and more unbalanced, as people see there is no point joining a team which will obviously have less players since no matter how well they play they'll end up 6 shells worse off.

Zing

Banned
There is more to splatfest than just the snail reward.

That said, it seems clear that Nintendo wishes to have popularity be the winner. Consider splatfest the "everybody votes" games from the Wii, but with fun battles for your team, and rewards for everyone who participates.

Disguises

Someone reported earlier that they didn't receive their sea snails after waiting a few days after splatfest. Your case maybe similar to his/her situation.
Thanks for the answer. Good to know I'm not just being stupid. Hopefully it gets fixed for next time. Not wanting to waste all my efforts again.

Really surprised at the amount of support waterslides seem to be getting here and on Miiverse vs what roller coasters are getting. I always thought roller coasters were more popular; now I'm curious what the actual results will be.

I've been on huge versions of both, and roller coasters are definitely superior.

Man, I just can't work out how to tackle Moray with the brush, all your mobility options are pretty much inaccessible unless teammates put some ink down because you have no vertical inking ability. The one time I wish the sprinkler were actually a burst bomb instead.

Geg

Thanks for the answer. Good to know I'm not just being stupid. Hopefully it gets fixed for next time. Not wanting to waste all my efforts again.

Were you in the EU or NA splatfest? I've seen several people say they didn't get their winnings from the EU one but not from NA.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm glad when we're right at the end of tower control that everyone runs around to clear the area far far ahead leaving me the only one near the tower for all 4 people to descend on and make us throw away an easy win

Azure J

I'm glad when we're right at the end of tower control that everyone runs around to clear the area far far ahead leaving me the only one near the tower for all 4 people to descend on and make us throw away an easy win

My brother lost a match like this. His team ran off to go troll the other team only to get promptly wiped out and when he thought all was good, he took an Inkzooka blast in the face. Saddest part was they had gotten down to distance 1. When the enemy team got on board, they never got off the tower and reversed their fate.

Neol

Just played Moray Towers for the first time.

Crazyyyy map. Really glad I have my ninja squid on otherwise chargers would eat me alive.

Mega

Banned
Lunar Blaster has been a mainstay of Tower since day one.

Agreed on the needed mine buff. One at a time with long blast delay and no detonation control sucks.

Azure J

Aw so the Splatfest Tee is always going to be by Squidforce? That stuff ruined me last time around, nothing about that brand/special combination worked well with my brushery.

JonnyKong

I too was wondering why I didn't get my snails when I played today for the first time since the fest. This sucks. In the UK here too.

Vecks

I too was wondering why I didn't get my snails when I played today for the first time since the fest. This sucks. In the UK here too.

Sounds like the problem started Thursday, since that is when the complaints started popping up. People have been contacting Nintendo about it, but it doesn't look like they'll give out snails to those who missed out. It does sound like they are trying to fix it for future splatfests, but who knows how long it'll take them to fix it.

Top Bottom