• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WonderPup

Thoughts on the Ink Brush and Moray Tower.

Early on, I thought I'd have to swap to a different weapon; the Ink Brush seemed to be at a large disadvantage. I've flip-flopped on that, though.

The Ink Brush can ink some of the pathways between platforms two-at-a-time. It can also re-ink your side (if you've lost control) very quickly -- just drop ink down from a platform up above. It may be one of the best weapons for laying down a lot of coverage quickly.

Also, and this is key, my best success with an Ink Brush on Moray Towers comes from breaching the enemy line and coating areas behind them. I normally never use the Ink Brush for travel; I'm a squid most of the time. Not necessarily so for this map. The enemy typically can't keep up, and by the time they're closing in, you've caused a huge problem in territorial ink, PLUS you've likely had several teammates squid jump to your location.

It's beautiful.

Azure J

Thoughts on the Ink Brush and Moray Tower.

Early on, I thought I'd have to swap to a different weapon; the Ink Brush seemed to be at a large disadvantage. I've flip-flopped on that, though.

The Ink Brush can ink some of the pathways between platforms two-at-a-time. It can also re-ink your side (if you've lost control) very quickly -- just drop ink down from a platform up above. It may be one of the best weapons for laying down a lot of coverage quickly.

Also, and this is key, my best success with an Ink Brush on Moray Towers comes from breaching the enemy line and coating areas behind them. I normally never use the Ink Brush for travel; I'm a squid most of the time. Not necessarily so for this map. The enemy typically can't keep up, and by the time they're closing in, you've caused a huge problem in territorial ink, PLUS you've likely had several teammates squid jump to your location.

It's beautiful.

I can personally vouch for all of this. Also, if you're good about covering the sides and behind objects that people can only see one side of coming down, your offensive ability skyrockets.

Azure J

Go absolutely HAM and get nine KOs in a row defending the point beautifully.

Get KO'd once and almost lose the entire game.

Chargers™.

Moondrop

Banned
Omg I've just snuck into A rank on the same day I made A- for the first time.

It's mostly due to blaster+tower control+moray towers.

atr0cious

Dear teammates, that little strip of paint isn't gonna help like the giant area over the hill will. Please stop running away from it with 5 seconds to go.

I'm leaning towards roller coasters... Yet to decide. Moray towers is awesome. love how different it feels from all the other levels. Only done a few matches on it but it may already be my favorite tower control level.

I love Moray Towers, personally. Only played on it a few times, and all with the .96, but I've wrecked shit every time so far, even if we didn't always win.

Kamek

So picked this up on release day, but never got the chance to play. FINALLY got to today. Love the game so far. The thing is, after having great battles for about 30 min. Went to play a few levels and go back to online, and it's communication error after communication error like 2 min into each match. What gives?

atr0cious

So picked this up on release day, but never got the chance to play. FINALLY got to today. Love the game so far. The thing is, after having great battles for about 30 min. Went to play a few levels and go back to online, and it's communication error after communication error like 2 min into each match. What gives?
Build your friends list, hope for the best.

Nnid is my gaf name.

Zing

Banned
I can personally vouch for all of this. Also, if you're good about covering the sides and behind objects that people can only see one side of coming down, your offensive ability skyrockets.
This can't be stressed enough. Even as a mere splattershot jr user, I find that inking the sides of boxes and keeping the main walls inked is critical.

I'll be playing in about 20 minutes. Hope to see some of you online.

Vecks

It's based on people's connections. Some rooms will be smooth, others may not be. A LAN adapter would probably decrease your chances of running into a communication error. This may be anecdotal, but I use a LAN adapter and don't get many errors, but it does still happen from time to time.

Azure J

So I was taking another look at that weapon list and saw this:

Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka

It was so close to being my most anticipated weapon right now. If only those were Burst Bombs...

So I was taking another look at that weapon list and saw this:

Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka

It was so close to being my most anticipated weapon right now. If only those were Burst Bombs...
I want inkbrush nouveau, ink brush with bubbler sounds like fun :p

By the way Azure J sent you a friend request I'm darkjolly

Azure J

I want inkbrush nouveau, ink brush with bubbler sounds like fun :p

By the way Azure J sent you a friend request I'm darkjolly

I am actually really interested in all three unreleased Inkbrush variants, but GAF just has me in full theory mode over weapons I would want most in the future and the three I'd want most are:

Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Bubbler or Burst Bomb Rush
.96 Gal Deco/Seeker/Bubbler
Splatterscope/Suction Bomb/Echolocator

I will never leave B+ because of random team selection.

Oh back to B even better. Fuck this.

That blows.

=(

Hey Azure and crew, fuck you for fucking up my hidden stat(s) so much I now get in rooms where I can just roll over people with a roller, no flicking needed. That wasn't fun god fucking dammit.

DaBoss

So I tried out the E-liter on Moray in both Tower Control and Splat Zones.

I think people overplay the advantage chargers have in Tower Control. They are absolutely great for defending, but when on the offense, they have to aim up. I think that is the map where chargers would want to go on the tower for sure. I think that explains my earlier matches where my team didn't lose outside of one time when we had chargers, but the other team didn't.

In Splat Zones, they are great. You can easily defend the center with them. Though you could be overwhelmed with multiple people pushing at once.

Totakeke

I am actually really interested in all three unreleased Inkbrush variants, but GAF just has me in full theory mode over weapons I would want most in the future and the three I'd want most are:

Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Bubbler or Burst Bomb Rush
.96 Gal Deco/Seeker/Bubbler
Splatterscope/Suction Bomb/Echolocator

You still need to try the carbon roller.

Crayolan

Wait playing with friends affects matchmaking?

The game has behind the scenes skill-based matchmaking. I fucked around for a handful of rounds doing nothing with randoms once and I ended up getting matched with level 1s who probably never played the game.

Top Bottom