• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Violet_0

Banned
honestly the E-Liter is sorta overpowered on Towers
e: fun games, that might be my new favorite map

e2: European Splatfest - Eating vs Sleeping
what

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Eating vs sleeping for Europe

What a weird subject. Is eating going to completely dominate? They should have given us cats Vs dogs

Still, after the first splatfest I now know just to play for snails, and to avoid spending money on rerolls until then

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you make the little banner that appears over your head in the lobby? Is it just the last thing you posted to miiverse?

NotLiquid

I legit have a bit of a sleeping phobia and wish I could go on without it. I hate napping and I only sleep when I get really tired.

Team Callie it is again!

I have determined that all future Splatfests will be cherry-picked from Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

maslowcustomooqur.jpg

Sleeping is pretty cool but eating has the benefit of allowing you to multitask other activities given that you're awake and all that. Sleep is too clingy.

noshten

Map is lag roller and e-lagger 3k ping heaven, overall a miserable pile of data

I've only tried it in Turf War so far, my charger skills are too novice to bring my charger into an A+ fight. Not too sure how good it is for rollers especially in SplatZones - Gold Dynamo might be the only viable roller there.

NotLiquid

Moray Towers is fucking awesome.

I love how multifaceted it is and how there's a general sense of lonesome scale. It almost feels like you have to be more stealthy than usual due to how it's open season.

Also it finally gives E-Litre users a chance to shine. Out of all weapons, that one is the one that screamed the most "wasted potential" due to she slow charge being awful at covering range, up until now. Criticize their prevalence all you like but that's part of good thing about the map rotation and how it lets certain users plan their loadout accordingly. It's a good fit for this map and it adds a lot of tension knowing that someone has you in their sights.

Very, very cool map. My favorite so far.

ViviOggi

Moray Towers is fucking awesome.

I love how multifaceted it is and how there's a general sense of lonesome scale. It almost feels like you have to be more stealthy than usual due to how it's open season.

Also it finally gives E-Litre users a chance to shine. Out of all weapons, that one is the one that screamed the most "wasted potential" due to she slow charge being awful at covering range, up until now. Criticize their prevalence all you like but that's part of good thing about the map rotation and how it lets certain users plan their loadout accordingly. It's a good fit for this map and it adds a lot of tension knowing that someone has you in their sights.

Very, very cool map. My favorite so far.
A map that heavily encourages E-liter usage in a game that constanly matches you with 300+ ping players and desperately tries masking the ridiculous delay client-side is trash by default. Ironically you don't know someone has you in their sights most of the time because you never see laglords' lasers, splats out of nowhere 24/7

Plus the other half of matches is filled with E-liter clowns who can't play chargers on normal maps to save their lives

NotLiquid

A map that heavily encourages E-liter usage in a game that constanly matches you with 300+ ping players is trash by default

Plus the half of the matches is filled with E-liter clowns who can't play chargers on normal maps to save their lives

Sounds like plain bad luck on the matchmaking part since I've had no problems with lag what so ever yet.

Can't comment on the latter part actually having any sort of relevance to this particular map.

ViviOggi

Sounds like plain bad luck on the matchmaking part since I've had no problems with lag what so ever yet.
More like miraculous luck on your end somehow dodging Japanese players
Can't comment on the latter part actually having any sort of relevance to this particular map.

It's about the games that are played on the non-Towers map in the rotation

Towers is babby mode with E-liter camping --> can't change loadouts between games so you get unskilled charger users on maps where they'd actually have to put in effort --> decrease in match quality whenever Towers is in rotation

NotLiquid

More like miraculous luck on your end somehow dodging Japanese players

Well I play mostly with Japanese players but considering I'm closer to that part of the world with a wired connection I suppose I can see some truth to generally dodging the issue as a whole.

It's about the games that are played on the non-Towers map in the rotation

Towers is babby mode with E-liter camping --> can't change loadouts between games so you get unskilled charger users on maps where they'd actually have to put in effort --> decrease in match quality whenever Towers is in rotation

Fair enough, I haven't played Tower to comment. I've only done Turf War and Splat Zones. I've had quite a deal of fun with the latter.

As an aside, this has to be the only map where the Aerospray MG is preferable to RG.

ViviOggi

Fair enough, I haven't played Tower to comment. I've only done Turf War and Splat Zones. I've had quite a deal of fun with the latter.

As an aside, this has to be the only map where the Aerospray MG is preferable to RG.

I meant Towers as in Moray Towers, but to the contrary I've only played the map in Tower Control (and one comm error match in Turf War) so far, so maybe it's a bit different in Splat Zones.

Violet_0

Banned
I was just targeted by two inkstrikes simultaneously
and I survived somehow, haha

e: seriously, chargers on the Towers map are hilarious

Zing

Banned
Wow, you guys having trouble with chargers on Towers? Yeah, I get splatted occasionally, but with Splattershot Jr, it is some of the most fun I have had with the game. There are many walls to climb, one of which is unreachable by chargers. Once you climb that wall, unless they look down at the map to see your incoming ink path, they are broken. Then your team makes their way in and it's a difficult fight for them from that point. I use bubbler to keep myself and incoming teammates alive.

I'd actually prefer that my opponents be using chargers. Then I know exactly where to find them.

Violet_0

Banned
Wow, you guys having trouble with chargers on Towers? Yeah, I get splatted occasionally, but with Splattershot Jr, it is some of the most fun I have had with the game. There are many walls to climb, one of which is unreachable by chargers. Once you climb that wall, unless they look down at the map to see your incoming ink path, they are broken. Then your team makes their way in and it's a difficult fight for them from that point. I use bubbler to keep myself and incoming teammates alive.

I'd actually prefer that my opponents be using chargers. Then I know exactly where to find them.

you should join my game then I shall show you the E-light

ViviOggi

The main issue are laggy chargers who get an insane advantage due to the map's geometry. I'm more than fine with adjusting to enemy chargers, what I'm not fine with is getting splatted from the other end of the map without having ever seen a laser.

I'll look for those walls next time I play it though.

Zing

Banned
The main issue are laggy chargers who get an insane advantage due to the map's geometry. I'm more than fine with adjusting to enemy chargers, what I'm not fine with is getting splatted from the other end of the map without having ever seen a laser.

I'll look for those walls next time I play it though.
True. Once you are on your side's lower platform, you have to assume that you are seen by someone.

When you are looking over at the enemy side, on the far left there is a tiny box at the top of the first ramp. Enemy will often perch there. The wall connected to that box has a ledge underneath where you can hide, ink up the side of the box, and you are free. Once you splat that one, everyone on the right side will notice and might aim down the ramp to you. Always hide behind the boxes. Bomb range up helps here. Eventually, you can work your way up the ramp. Just stay alive as long as possible as a distraction. Hoepfully your teammates can apply pressure as well.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
True. Once you are on your side's lower platform, you have to assume that you are seen by someone.

When you are looking over at the enemy side, on the far left there is a tiny box at the top of the first ramp. Enemy will often perch there. The wall connected to that box has a ledge underneath where you can hide, ink up the side of the box, and you are free. Once you splat that one, everyone on the right side will notice and might aim down the ramp to you. Always hide behind the boxes. Bomb range up helps here. Eventually, you can work your way up the ramp. Just stay alive as long as possible as a distraction. Hoepfully your teammates can apply pressure as well.

Great post amid all the lag whining. Can't see a laser before you get splatted? Stop putting yourself in such constantly vulnerable positions. You can't always allow your life-or-death situations to come down to 25 milliseconds. Play smart!

Top Bottom