• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

So wait the E Liter shoots farther and is unscoped? what benefit does the splatterscope have?

I've never really used a charger before
The time it takes to charge a 1 hit KO is faster and imo is easier to aim with a scope than it is without one.

Jackano

New map is good.
Verticality in Splatoon is cool, I hope to see more maps like this. I just wish they put one or two pipes (the ones we can ride in single player) here and there.

Central area seems less important, moving forward and pushing while climbing is pretty demanding. Good stuff.

Got my food shirt and made the 3k/9k grind on it. This time I will do the rest during splatfest. I don't think I will push for the max rank anyway.

atr0cious

Glad to see people respecting the brush. Just wish it had answers for ohko'ers like rollers, that are able to take some good hits before going down. Dynamos can be juked, but krakens and carbons can smack you down right quick, and carbons get bombs!

Gonna hop back on in just a bit. Azure, check my stream from last night for some gaf games on the towers, last hour or so. Kevin had a brush too.

Heng

I am always getting rekt by a Japanese guy with an E-Liter it seems like :/
It might be due to the way you're trying to approach him or how you're using your scope. The reason I said the scope is easier to aim is because there's a visual que that tells you when you have a 1 shot charge. As soon as it starts to zoom in, your shot should be able to do 100 damage on no defense targets. Make sure the E-Liter doesn't have his shot charge when you're trying to kill him.

ggs everyone in the e-liter room
GG, and GG to everyone else who was in that room. Was James using a charger? That took me by surprise, unless that's not the James on my friends list.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The new map is so awesome.

I love how quickly it takes to get used to all the maps. Testament to the great level design.

Zing

Banned
Fighting too many charger is exhausting, also I hate squelcher. :(

I would always prefer to be against chargers than squelchers.

Glad to see people respecting the brush. Just wish it had answers for ohko'ers like rollers, that are able to take some good hits before going down. Dynamos can be juked, but krakens and carbons can smack you down right quick, and carbons get bombs!

My answer is to lay down the brush and paint my way to safety. I love how painting is faster movement than swimming with the brush. Just never, ever allow yourself to run out of ink.

My Splattershot pro laughs at Squelchers

As a frequent squelcher user, I can attest to this. :(

Nico_D

TC can also be very exhilarating. I had an excellent team for a couple of matches. In one of those we got the tower to "3" and got killed and when one was killed, the other super jumper in his place again and again pushing the tower forward and never further and "3". Until I got the spawn place, killed the lookout and jumped to tower and finished the match.

So fun! And always so close having a heart attack.

Managed to win even on Moray Towers. Weird.

Oh, I go by "Teemu" if you happen to see me.

javac

So yeah I never got my snails from last time, I guess because I never booted the game up after the Splatfest, the data must have gotten overwritten with the latest update as I never saw the results either.

I guess there's another one coming soon...
77syNWlB.jpg
#TeamSleep

Jackano

So yeah I never got my snails from last time, I guess because I never booted the game up after the Splatfest, the data must have gotten overwritten with the latest update as I never saw the results either.

I guess there's another one coming soon...

#TeamSleep

Wow that sucks!

Violet_0

Banned
AzureJ and Violet, I send you both a friend request but I forgot to mention that I am a Gaffer

Jonathan
NNID : Orleanguys

oh I put your request on ignore since I wasn't certain you're a Gaffer, I'll send you an invite later on

btw is Villager a Gaffer as well? I think he left the room and then rejoined after a match

and the map rotation is just annoying me now, I only want to play Moray Towers it's so good

Hmm, not sure if I should go Team Sleep or Team Eat. Not like I particularly do much of either, and the last Splatfest left a sour taste in my mouth after I found out that even had Team Pop won, we'd still have lost due to popularity.

Having a blast with splat towers and moray towers. Although the one Japanese player in our lobby had insane lag. It was ridiculous the kills that person was making.

You all need to let this go. Lol, you only lost because pop couldn't win enough.

I was going on the whole Cats vs Dogs situation, I know Pop completely lost (seeing some of the players we had, I'm not surprised), but Cats won and still lost due to popularity, so it seems pointless picking a team that'll be less popular.

DaBoss

Morray Towers is insanely fun in Tower Control. I was using a Krak-on roller the whole time and even got put in all roller teams (mix of Dynamo, standard, and Carbon) against teams with 1-2 chargers and won. It's a lot of fun.

I also did the funniest thing ever (I remember reading some people in the thread have done similar shenanigans with the beakon.).

I was behind one of the boxes on the enemies side of the map and was going to place a beakon, but the enemy team's Dynamo Roller saw me so I stayed behind the box. The Dynamo kept on using the splash attack, so I was stuck. Then I super jumped to the beakon I just placed behind the box, the dynamo roller must have saw me super jump and went to destroy the beakon, but then I pop down there and kill the Dynamo Roller lol. That also helped get the KO victory in Tower Control.

Because the developers are incompetent, this game STOLE me almost 20 sea snails.

I couldn't play since the end of splatfest for personal reasons, and now that I have voted for the new one the game didn't bother to give me my deserved prize for the last one (#teamrock)

basically 600000 worth of rerolls and slots down the drain because these developers cannot bother to handle events properly

Ansatz

Oh man Turf Warfs is serious business for people. I play this mode only to relax and try crazy things but nope people gonna people. It only comes down to who's the more patient person, the guy who shows himself first looses 9/10 duels. And combine this with no objective like splat zone / tower then the entire battlefield becomes a cat and mouse play. It's not fun, I'm not touching this mode again.

atr0cious

I was going on the whole Cats vs Dogs situation, I know Pop completely lost (seeing some of the players we had, I'm not surprised), but Cats won and still lost due to popularity, so it seems pointless picking a team that'll be less popular.
You have to think about ratios. The cats had less than half the player base. Only winning by a percent isn't fair at all. That group couldn't have played the entire other group. Cats needed to be at 57%, I think someone did the math on it.

Azure J

Zero²;171598735 said:
You know that small ledge on the central building? Abuse it, most people never look at it and its just perfect to go stealth.

Yeah I immediately found some silly assed ways to use both it and the weird ramps along the way down the stage (going upward into enemy territory).

Crisium

Morray Towers is insanely fun in Tower Control. I was using a Krak-on roller the whole time and even got put in all roller teams (mix of Dynamo, standard, and Carbon) against teams with 1-2 chargers and won. It's a lot of fun.

I also did the funniest thing ever (I remember reading some people in the thread have done similar shenanigans with the beakon.).

I was behind one of the boxes on the enemies side of the map and was going to place a beakon, but the enemy team's Dynamo Roller saw me so I stayed behind the box. The Dynamo kept on using the splash attack, so I was stuck. Then I super jumped to the beakon I just placed behind the box, the dynamo roller must have saw me super jump and went to destroy the beakon, but then I pop down there and kill the Dynamo Roller lol. That also helped get the KO victory in Tower Control.

Dirty!

Zero²;171600919 said:
Nah, they just made it more situational. It still rocks specially in tower control.

The Kraken nerf is huge. But you can somewhat mitigate it by taking a diagonal path if someone is shooting at you. Shots slow it down the most if they hit it in the direct front.

Azure J

All this Kraken talk and I'm just here chuckling remember holding one at bay for a bit with the inkbrush to let Crayolan in so he could body timetokill. :lol

Mines need a buff, anybody with skill can run away from it before it blows

While I agree they need a buff, you'd honestly be surprised how often I land on one or one starts the mandatory "going off phase" and I can't get out of dodge fast enough because "lol enemy ink".

Ozium can testify to this.

Top Bottom