• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

I take it back, James is my arch nemesis. >.>

That was like shooting fish in a barrel lol.
And now I joined the fishes...

Violet_0

Banned
ggs everyone, not my best play today
Only worked 1/3 times :( I think the trick is to stay still and aim low but when you have a Kraken coming at you it's easy to panic.

Good games though
that one time was pretty impressive though, I think you stopped me for the entire duration of the special. I should probably jump less when I get stalled

Heng

I feel like I have to work 10x as hard to aim and I still miss. What's with that?
Maybe it's your sensitivity. Have you tried lowering it? I tried bringing mine up and I couldn't aim well at all.

Ok.

Who is the one I need to add for me to join them?
Add any of the active poster here and join their game. Once you've done that, join them until they join a room full of gaf players, then add them through recently played tab.

You can add me, my NNID is roger1991.

Highwind

Maybe it's your sensitivity. Have you tried lowering it? I tried bringing mine up and I couldn't aim well at all.

Add any of the active poster here and join their game. Once you've done that, join them until they join a room full of gaf players, then add them through recently played tab.

You can add me, my NNID is roger1991.

Ok. Sent you a request.

I feel like it's time to make adjustments to the rotation system. We're at a point where 4 hours is too long to get through all maps and modes. Of course, it depends on the individual, but there will be a third mode and another map soon.

Ahnez

I feel like it's time to make adjustments to the rotation system. We're at a point where 4 hours is too long to get through all maps and modes. Of course, it depends on the individual, but there will be a third mode and another map soon.
Just thinking.. Have they confirmed if there will be a third map on rotation?

I mean, the lobby interface is clearly designed to fit 3 :p

It would be much better if we had an extra stage per rotation cycle

1) how do players jump around so much while aiming? Even with gyro aiming I keep my thumb on the stick for lateral movement and can't press y at the same time.

2) does it actually help avoid getting hit?

1) how do players jump around so much while aiming? Even with gyro aiming I keep my thumb on the stick for lateral movement and can't press y at the same time.

It's not easy cause you need to be sure you're aiming at them while bunny hopping and yes it's an effective way to stay alive.

Oh and the squid amiibo challenges are totally kicking my ass. Especially the limited ink ones. Didn't realize how much of a ink hog I was till now.

IaN_GAF

Jesus wept, this game is addicting.

Gotta love people that start inking as much floorspace as possible during ranked tower control :D

atr0cious

Turn your sensitivity up and get used to aiming with the pad not the stick, it'll only help you in the long run. And jumping actually helps because the ink drops are weighted, which is why aiming down or arching shots has its advantages.

After a long complain session yesterday, think I'm gonna spend the day looking for a build that allows me to do what I want, live and kill with out trading.

Yup, didn't feel like I played it enough and now it could be days before I see it again.

They really have to update the rotation system come august.
Last night we spent the first hour of map rotation on one map. Fucking terrible in it self, but it was underpass on top of that. Miserable.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey SplatGAF, I've been busy being social this weekend instead of playing the game much :p.

I did play Moray Towers a little bit late Friday night. The map is awesome and is truly charger country. Encourages me to play the splatterscope a bit more when in rotation.

So what's the consensus? Rollercoasters or Waterslides? I want more of gaf to win this time
and less salt when cat lost lol.

Ulysses 31

Jesus wept, this game is addicting.

Gotta love people that start inking as much floorspace as possible during ranked tower control :D

Cmon, give'em the benefit of the doubt and assume they're charging up their specials.

That's what I tell myself >.>

Ulysses 31

Trying out the brush and the game slpas me one a team with three rollers on the mall :/

Were you an effective team?

1414844831428.png

Nico_D

Splat Zones can be so great when your team goes straight to zone, takes it, kills all the enemies and wait for the 100 seconds to pass. Nothing else. No detours, just keeping the ground, acting united.

When it does not go that way, it can be hell. One decides to paint the spawn paint, the other paints an already painted way with Splatterscope and the third stays way back with Aerospray.

Guess which I have more experience of.

Crap, I just realized that I'm going to be on a trip the entire day next Saturday for Splatfest. I guess that I can try to fit some splatting in before and after but it's going to be tight.

I still have so much gear to level :/

DaBoss

I feel like A+ lobbies got really good at Splat Zones. Most games now seem to end in a knockout where the team that initially gets the zone(s) hold it indefinitely and defend it well. The games where control of the zone(s) go back and forth are becoming rare, even on Blackbelly.

Top Bottom