• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

backlot

I feel like A+ lobbies got really good at Splat Zones. Most games now seem to end in a knockout where the team that initially gets the zone(s) hold it indefinitely and defend it well. The games where control of the zone(s) go back and forth are becoming rare, even on Blackbelly.

Yeah, I tried A+ splat zones and it tanked my rating. It's so hard to gain control of a zone if you lose it. Seems like by the time you respawn the entire enemy team has their specials charged and are just waiting for you.

Last game of the rotation in Ranked. The enemy team controlled the zone for the first 99 seconds leaving us trailing 100-1. A well timed inkstrike and desperation push and we managed to take the zone for the first time and hold it for the most part (they stole it back a few times but not enough to get through all their penalty time) so we ended up winning 0-1 second remaining. Sooo good.

Oh nice, the new map is in the ranked rotation, haven't gotten to try it out yet.

Jackano

I just randomly tried amiibo challenges again and successfully got all the schoolgirl stuff.
I think I have 4-5 more left with the squid amiibo.

I'm still trying to get all the gear but the shops don't give me much stuff. When talking to other inklings it should have some sort of icon somewhere to tell you if he/she have some gear you don't own yet.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
My day in turf war today:

Eight straight losses to start
Followed by a block of going 6 and 4, during which I got a +4 Smokin' and was able to cash it out before the stages changed
Followed by seven straight losses

Most games have had one disconnect in them, leading to lopsided results.

I leveled up to 17, though.

Azure J

Moray Towers seems...not good. You really can't make much progress on the other team's side. It's all about the center.

This map is one of the only maps that streamlines infiltration to a simple Yes/No answer to the question "are you moving behind an enemy's blind spot". If you can utilize the sides of the buildings well enough, there's no way you can't get the entire squad deep into other people's bases.

This map is one of the only maps that streamlines infiltration to a simple Yes/No answer to the question "are you moving behind an enemy's blind spot". If you can utilize the sides of the buildings well enough, there's no way you can't get the entire squad deep into other people's bases.

Yes but that requires you to cut across the center area and usually the only way through is hoping the enemy team dosent have scopes camping on the ledges

Geg

Robotguy camping the middle of moray towers with the custom jet squelcher is nearly impossible to get past alone, you need like multiple people distracting him from different angles to take him out

Azure J

Robotguy camping the middle of moray towers with the custom jet squelcher is nearly impossible to get past alone, you need like multiple people distracting him from different angles to take him out

This is why I always want to be the charger until he's either in optimal Squelcher range or the ground in front of me is all his team's color.

Doorman

Mm, my first foray back into ranked mode in ages and I'm teamed with an inkbrush who I swear I barely ever saw leave the area immediately outside of spawn as though he were camping a zone. He had to have left at some point, though, considering he went 0:3

I have to imagine he was griefing, since even if you were to confuse this for still being Turf War you'd at least...try and ink turf.

Zero²;171694612 said:
Your fault for using the Luna lol
ugh jumping Japanese Luna users can rot in hell.

It's actually really good for the splat zone itself because you can just fire over all the barriers and kill people camped there.

Which of course relies on you having a team that can actually fight back against chargers and .96 gals :/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not really finding bomb sniffer to be all that useful. Haunt on the other hand is fantastic as long as the other team has someone with echholocater

Bomb sniffer comes in incredibly handy if you're rolling. Can save teammates lives as well cause if I see a mine I'm going to take it out.

Other than that I don't see how it would get much use with other weapons/classes.

Moonlight

Banned
Just won a round by 0.1 percent.
qSsvvau.png

jariw

I've filled my sub abilities for the Splatfest tee now, and I want to reroll some of these. Is it possible to reroll just individual sub abilities on the tee?

I'm slowly sliding down the A- rank. I got put in a room with B players on Moray Towers Splat Zones. I had a .96 gal, my teammates all had short-range weapons, and their team had an E-liter. My teammates all decided to hang out over the ledge of the zone on our side to defend it with Aerosprays. They basically just set up a shooting gallery for the E-liter guy on the other team. We never even held both zones.

The next game in an all A- or better room went better at first. We took and held the zone on Bluefin Depot. But then my teammates got too aggressive and tried to camp them on their side. The other team slipped through our now-thinned lines. I was watching the zone but I wasn't paying attention to what was going on behind me, they took me out, retook the zone, and never looked back.

Gotta find the right balance between under and overconfidence in this game!

Robotguy

I've filled my sub abilities for the Splatfest tee now, and I want to reroll some of these. Is it possible to reroll just individual sub abilities on the tee?
No, and I don't recommend rerolling the Splatfest shirt because you don't get to keep it after the splatfest.

Zero²

Playing at 9pm, especially on a friday, means you play with Japanese.

They dont lag too much to me but I wish they had readable names.
They have readable names, just learn your goddamn hiragana!
Says the noob にほんごのがこう。

Top Bottom