• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Well when they're all on the other team then yes, it's a little OP :/

And I could see that comm error coming from a mile away.
We lost the first one where we were all together though. Not sure what we did differently that time.

Comm error actually took me by surprise, I didn't see any of the usual signs.

Haha whoops did the guy who replaced me comm error everyone out?

When the map loaded the guitar riff lasted a really long time. That pretty much always means the room is going to crash :{
We lost the first one where we were all together though. Not sure what we did differently that time.

Comm error actually took me by surprise, I didn't see any of the usual signs.
It probably just took you a game to realize that you out-ranged everyone else on the other team by two lengths.

Does wearing the Splatfest shirt do anything other than giving people under 20 access to 3 sub slots?
It's the only shirt you're allowed to wear during Splatfest. You probably want to level it up so that the slots get filled in. Dunno if its worth rerolling after you're done with it though.

Geg

Yeah there were a few games where robotguy and tingly were together where they still lost, but it usually came down to a last minute push kind of thing. And there was one game where the two of them and me were on the same team that we lost too, probably because of the sprinklers fucking everywhere

Robotguy

It's the only shirt you're allowed to wear during Splatfest. You probably want to level it up so that the slots get filled in. Dunno if its worth rerolling after you're done with it though.
Not until you've maxed and gotten perfect rolls on all your other gear... which will be a while.
Yeah there were a few games where robotguy and tingly were together where they still lost, but it usually came down to a last minute push kind of thing. And there was one game where the two of them and me were on the same team that we lost too, probably because of the sprinklers fucking everywhere
Oh yeah, there were a lot more sprinklers that match. Really messed up my mobility. :(

Sprinklers are literally the only reason why I choose specific weapons. There can be a squiffer with a sprinkler and I'd use it for all I care.

Geg

^

Well, that explains why I had 2 sprinklers out at once. I timed out also.

Why did my vibe drop by 2 for that disconnect alone?

I don't think it ever goes down by two. If it's in the so hawt/on fire levels it goes down 1.5 for each loss/disconnect though

SM239

The sploosh is slowly becoming one of my favorite CQB weapon because of the movement speed and beacons which allow you to flank, get into, and usually stay in enemy territory. The only thing about it that I'm having issues with is the accuracy causing that one important shot to miss and fighting rollers. You almost always need to catch rollers by surprise due to the range or quickly move to a higher point if possible.

Geg

Whoa, does the player history count players who joined your game by joining one of their friends? I went to look up some of the guys I was just playing with and it doesn't show any of the gaffers I played with, just the randoms who joined our room

I'm going to call it a night for now. I had a bunch of fantastic matches though! GGs everyone!

The speed at which an inkzooka shot comes at you seems kind of ridiculous.
Yup! Inkzooka basically guarantees at least 1 splat, covers a super long range, and it has no delay like Inkstrike and Killer Wail. It's certainly one of the stronger specials. Kraken is also strong but I feel it got nerfed enough and it can't deal with distant enemies.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Damn, Azure. You're pretty good with the Splatterscope.

Also, comm error.

EDIT: Damn, that was brutal.

EDIT 2: RL friend I was playing with is gone, so let me switch my name back.

what usually works for me is

1) shoot him

2) if that fails, squid/kid jump in one place, stare him directly into the eyes, show him that you are not afraid and he'll go away

For number 2, you have to do it a certain way. If not, he becomes an enraged sloth and pummels you back to the spawn before you can blink. =P

Azure J

For number 2, you have to do it a certain way. If not, he becomes an enraged sloth and pummels you back to the spawn before you can blink. =P

I can vouch for both of these. As savage as it can get when we both play Splatterscopes and I get him while he's lining up his sight, if I do it, I will get shot by him guaranteed within 30 seconds. :lol

Hmm, I put the Wii U in DMZ mode and can satisfy Nintendo's connection test in 10 pings total rather than 16. If I can lower the amount of time it takes to connect to my router, then even better. Anyone know what setting I can change to do that?

I'm talking about those little high pitched beeps when I say ping.

RedFyn

SM239, GuySloth, Red and robotguy is like Team "GAF is here to show you why you should read a book instead".

Edit: Especially if SM's armored up and it's Blackbelly Skatepark for Red shenanigans.
I was catching up on the thread and noticed an interesting lack of heng anywhere on this page. He's better than me but nowhere to be found.

I'm not meaning to single you out azure your post is just a decent summary of that discussion.

I was catching up on the thread and noticed an interesting lack of heng anywhere on this page. He's better than me but nowhere to be found.

I'm not meaning to single you out azure your post is just a decent summary of that discussion.

Look two posts above yours. =P

Wait, are you talking about him posting or that team composition?

Anyways, you, SM239, Guy Sloth, and Walkman are the most effective aggressive players I've seen that stand out to me.

You're that far behind? I hope you're a fast reader. =P

Heng

meh
I shot Heng in a game once, it was not all it was made out to be
gosh Heng just let me shoot you again
Lol I was trying to record some matches. Stop making me look bad.

I don't really think I'm close to being the top players on gaf, I'm really inconsistent and I play too loose.

Really violet? REALLY?

Decided to finally get a network adapter just for splatoon. Can anyone comment on the improvement going from wi fi to wired connection is overall?

Your connection should become more stable if anything. You're still at the mercy of server issues, but you should be fine. I want to believe that it improved my connection, but I was using a fairly laggy tv. =p

Top Bottom