• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

RedFyn

Hmm... good question. I feel like I could toss out a few names but a few minutes later I will remember someone else. I guess, for now, Walkman, Daboss, and Black status (how is he so good with the splattershot jr? I need to play with him more to see if he just got lucky games or if he's really that good). There are also other people who are really close to them but not quite there; probably violet (I wish I could see how well he would do if he didn't lagg, I can't tell if it's helping him or not. I don't think it is but who knows), robotguy, you, Guysloth, and blue on a good day.

For people who I feel are good at turf wars, I'd say Azure, Zero (brush players are too sneaky, they force me to play defensive otherwise we lose our base), and Tingly.

There are a few players that I want to play more with but they are either practicing new weapons or they don't play that often. This list feels incomplete but that's probably because I've been playing less Splatoon recently.

I don't know if I would say I'm better than you. In terms of killing people, I'd say we're about even. Mobility wise you would beat me. I would also say I'm not really a team player either since I use my team as bait (I paint the ground close to them which makes them advance into enemy territory and kill whoever pops out). Overall I'd consider you better than me.
It's an interesting question because while everyone's at a different skill level I think the weapon they use really determines who they consider to be the best. I mean I'm going to rank a good blaster player such as yourself much higher than say a good brush user simply because of the weapon disparity.

that said I think the brush could be very effective vs the roller but I haven't seen anyone that's figured it out.

lmao, that's so cruel. It's also the immediate opposite way I try to put down lines when using the charger. I'm more than not trying to set things up so people can move in or create opportunities for them to get out/lock down opponents on the ground.
This is really appreciated and I wish it was more common.

Zero²

shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zone

shoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zone

stop it

stop wandering away and shooting at the other team

why are you trying to fucking try a tricky ambush now, it's overtime and they are only two points ahead of us

SHOOT THE SPLAT ZONE
Heh, where is that comic with The army squid?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zone

shoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zoneshoot the splat zone

stop it

why are you trying to fucking try a tricky ambush now, it's overtime and they are only two points ahead of us

SHOOT THE SPLAT ZONE

Get on the tower
Get on the tower
Get on the towerget on the tower
get on the tower

Zero²;171705184 said:
Heh, where is that comic with The army squid?

man, i know the level 20 guy with a gas mask and an aerospray rg in ranked ain't no little child just having fun with squidkid game

he is an elemental of making me mad at children's squidkid game

Get on the tower
Get on the tower
Get on the towerget on the tower
get on the tower

The first time I played Tower Defense I was incredibly baffled by how many people didn't remember that, and then my memories of years and years of TF2 and people never getting on the goddamned cart came flooding back.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone

stop it

SHOOT THE SPLAT ZONE

Every.single.time. When I look at my gamepad and I see a teammate on the other side of the map it infuriates me. Especially when I'm playing with B-A ranked players. I can forgive the C- but just don't understand when we're playing Splatzone or Tower Control and you don't go for the zone or camp up high with charger while your team is dying at the zone.

Once in awhile someone will pull off a flank that can help the team especially on Bluefin Depot

Azure J

shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone
shoot the splat zone

stop it

SHOOT THE SPLAT ZONE

http://w.webms.org/m/SmRRmbwx.webm

Zero²

man, i know the level 20 guy with a gas mask and an aerospray rg in ranked ain't no little child just having fun with squidkid game

he is an elemental of making me mad at children's squidkid game.
Aero in ranked? This one likes living dangerously. I mean other than using it as the inkstrike machine that it is.
I know the feeling, maybe he is just having a shitty day, happens to everyone once and while lol

DaBoss

These shoes gave me so much trouble with Spyke being a scam artist, but then based Spyke rolled this:
tumblr_nredvlbpFg1ux7li8o1_540.jpg

Seems perfect for chargers and it compliments my Squidvader Cap.

Reminder:
2 Ink Saver (Main) sub abilities = 1 Ink Saver (Main) main ability

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The first time I played Tower Defense I was incredibly baffled by how many people didn't remember that, and then my memories of years and years of TF2 and people never getting on the goddamned cart came flooding back.

At least in payload the cart slowly goes back. In Splatoon it's like a fucking jet rocket is attached to it as soon as no one's on it and STILL no one gets on it.

Zing

Banned
Playing in a half-GAF game is rough. Whoever gets the least GAF has an uphill battle. Good games. I need to switch gear.

noshten

Awesome day of Splatoon for me, played a lot of great games with the same players in a ranked lobby. Personally I enjoy Moray tower all the people who were playing it said it was bad because E-liter Domination and the camping on top of the zones with beacons. For me large maps that require some organizations and tactics are the best.
Still not confident with the charger, but it's getting there and it does seemed to have effected my overall game. Now I know how Chargers move and how to keep yourself away from their crosshairs, especially on Moray I know exactly how long their range is.

Azure J

Who the hell is mo? Getting killed from a full splatterscope distance away by his Aerospray while he moonwalks and ink appears behind him is just too much. :lol

Zing

Banned
I am not exaggerating here, someone just splatted me at least ten seconds after I got him. I was all the way in enemy base with bubbler on, and I suddenly exploded! The camera panned back to him way back at our base where I got him. Haha.

Heng

It's an interesting question because while everyone's at a different skill level I think the weapon they use really determines who they consider to be the best. I mean I'm going to rank a good blaster player such as yourself much higher than say a good brush user simply because of the weapon disparity.

that said I think the brush could be very effective vs the roller but I haven't seen anyone that's figured it out.
Yeah there might be a little weapon bias in who I rank as a top player, but I tried answering that question in the eyes of both a blaster and a charger. I think the weapons I struggle against as a blaster are any chargers and for chargers would be squelchers. There are other weapons I have trouble with but it's usually because I'm not playing smart.

I don't think you've played my scope charger or rather enough of it. I think it's close to my blaster, but just not there yet. It's also been a week or two since I've used my blaster seriously. I feel there's too many people who complain about it when I do so I usually save it for ranked or for randoms in turf wars.

Oh and I forgot to put Grakl on the list. He would probably rank among Violet and you.

Edit: And ryechu would be in the same boat.
lmao, that's so cruel. It's also the immediate opposite way I try to put down lines when using the charger. I'm more than not trying to set things up so people can move in or create opportunities for them to get out/lock down opponents on the ground.
Someone has to make the push! I do lay ink down for my team so they can maneuver around but when we're locked in a choke point, it's probably my best option.

RedFyn

I don't think you've played my scope charger or rather enough of it. I think it's close to my blaster, but just not there yet. It's also been a week or two since I've used my blaster seriously. I feel there's too many people who complain about it when I do so I usually save it for ranked or for randoms in turf wars.
I've only played against your charger a few times. I like playing vs your blaster and you shouldn't stop using it because people complain. My roller is drenched in salt and I still use it.

Top Bottom