• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

GGs everyone.

Azure I look at your gear in the plaza, there's effort put into it but I can't imagine why I'd ever want your stuff. :x The contacts I have ones that I prefer more, and I can't imagine why I'd want a ninja squid with ink saver and a damage up shoe with triple swim speed up.

There wasn't any particular rhyme or reason to it tonight, I was just fuckin' around. :lol

Really need to get out of this rut I've been in the last few days. Feels like nothing I'm picking up is hitting all the right spots in GAF fights lately. =/

azure did we snipe the same person at the same time?

I am still wondering about this myself. Either way, he got extra dead'd.

ryechu

killer wail would be so much better if you had no ending lag after laying the speaker. You could acutally use it in fights.

Geg

https://youtu.be/2N9uk_rK8YA?t=116

This video makes me smile in such a sad way.

With the news of Iwata's death, I see renditions across the Internet of Nintendo's famous characters mourning him. Splatoon is something special, though. With the way they hooked Miiverse up, the community sentiment feeds right into the atmosphere of the game, and it feels as though the game itself has canonically decided to have a moment of silence for Iwata.

Aw that's cute

What's up with this room? Why are you guys matched with low levels?
Probably funky matchmaking or someone was on a bad losing streak.

Y'know, I still want my all Charger room, just not on Bluefin or the towers. Walleye, the Underpass, or maybe even Saltspray would make good maps. Or we can just go all Squiffer/Bamboozler. =P

Heng

PZk6prp.jpg
This probably my favorite post out of all the sad miiverse post. :(

Nico_D

Fuck these players who are allergic to the tower. At Kelp Dome, practically everybody had died and was spawning. Except one roller from our team. The tower was about 50 paces from the enemy base. What did he do with the spare time he had? For certainly not climbing to the damn tower and pushing it forward. No, he painted the ground.

Time well spent.

Jintor

that was before we knew about dyno rollers and kraken

i played a little through the tears until the reset, did shit till I went back to the old faithful tentatek splatter + inkzooker. splashomatic is quite nice to use actually but without the space control of some form of nades or a special that doesn't rely on lane control it didn't quite feel right. .96 gal reminded me i'm shit at anything slow firing.

Heng

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56043942/RandomOther/Notes/SplatoonWeapons.html

uh, why does the Range Blaster have about half the range of the Rapid Blaster? This doesn't sound quite right

also, the most popular weapons from A+ Japanese players
It might be due to it being a blaster and not a Rapid blaster, meaning it might be able to 1 shot unlike the rapid blaster. Also I'm surprised how low the blaster is on the list of most used weapon. Do we have stats for other regions as well?

Blue I tried playing about 20 degrees off center and it threw my aim off significantly. Try playing directly facing it if you can.

Violet_0

Banned
I remember when people were laughing over the roller calling it the little mac of Splatoon, hope they got splatted enough by every single variation of it.

I just find it weird that the regular Dynamo Roller is more popular than the golden one

you know, I need to play with this weapon again. It's the most fun roller by far
It might be due to it being a blaster and not a Rapid blaster, meaning it might be able to 1 shot unlike the rapid blaster. Also I'm surprised how low the blaster is on the list of most used weapon. Do we have stats for other regions as well?
don't think so, but I'd like to see a poll for the favorite GAF weapons
(oh and I think this was pre-TC)

e: wow, you need more than 3 Ink Saver (sub) to throw two splat bombs in a row, they aren't really all that great

Rize_21

I just find it weird that the regular Dynamo Roller is more popular than the golden one

you know, I need to play with this weapon again. It's the most fun roller by far

don't think so, but I'd like to see a poll for the favorite GAF weapons
(oh and I think this was pre-TC)

e: wow, you need more than 3 Ink Saver (sub) to throw two splat bombs in a row, they aren't really all that great

The problem with the gold dynamo is that you have to be really confident with your use of splat bomb, as it can put you in ugly situations if it's not the case.

In the other hand, the normal dynamo can be extremely annoying with the number of times you can use the echolocator ( got around 5 or 6 times in turf wars), coupled with the sprinkler... it's just the wo- the best at driving the bad guys crazy, especially if you're a good survivor, and have some sneaky squids in your team.
e: that'd be great seeing you hanging with one of these things :p.

RiggyRob

The other thread moves fast so if anyone wants a ribbon just ask.

Also late, but I'd really appreciate a ribbon too:

RiggyRob said:
I asked this last night but I had to go to sleep, so apologies if I've missed anyone responding already, but I'd greatly appreciate having a Super Mario font Iwata ribbon on my avatar (on the epaulette, where the Omega Ruby currently is):

ywo0Isv.png

It just seems so strange that he's gone, it doesn't feel right.

On topic, I need to get back into Splatoon, haven't played since before Tower Control and Moray Towers dropped. The gradual rollout of the content really was a genius idea in hindsight.

Crisium

I wonder how accurate this list is.

I've been wondering about the H-3 Nozzlenose. It looks like the 96 gal to the 52 gal. So it has less than half the rate of fire, but with 50% more damage that would mean 1 burst KO if it's still a 3 shot burst. 1 burst KO would make it have silly fast TTK against a single opponent. I'm wondering though it is a 2 shot burst instead so no 1 bust KO and has longer range to compensate for slower fire rate (though this site says it has the same range). Anyone know?

SM239

I wonder how accurate this list is.

I've been wondering about the H-3 Nozzlenose. It looks like the 96 gal to the 52 gal. So it has less than half the rate of fire, but with 50% more damage that would mean 1 burst KO if it's still a 3 shot burst. 1 burst KO would make it have silly fast TTK against a single opponent. I'm wondering though it is a 2 shot burst instead so no 1 bust KO and has longer range to compensate for slower fire rate (though this site says it has the same range). Anyone know?

I believe it is semi auto and not burst fire. Splatoon's DMR I guess.

Crisium

I believe it is semi auto and not burst fire. Splatoon's DMR I guess.

That would make sense. Surprised it doesn't have more range though. Hopefully it's much more accurate than the 96 gal since that weapon has 2 shot KO it's basically a DMR already.

Violet_0

Banned
You did fine, my aim was shit.

yeah, that must be the reason why you usually got 7+ kills and I struggled to get a positive kdr :p

I might do a little better on other maps, felt a bit helpless on Kelp Dome. And I need to get more sub savers for my damn double grenades

I don't know why everyone thinks the Dynamo Roller is broken, chargers/squelchers/.96 Gals are the bane of your existence

So I keep trying to re-roll the blue moto boots that have ink resistance as the main ability to get the 3 sub abilities of increased run speed. But I keep only getting 2 subs. Is 2 subs of run abilities good or should I keep trying for the full 3?

Rize_21

got a comm error, Doc

ggs Heng and Doc, my Golden Dynamo play needs ... some improvement
Got a com error too, well played!:) you could put more pressure by doing the rain dance>squid>rain dance and don't be shy to go on the front lines too, you'll be surprised to see how easy it is to splat two squids at once, on the mall it's friggin impressive to look at the ink waves you launched from the middle! Also something that helps a lot to kill people is to paint the walls, it's pretty much a must as you can attack from the air too which will kill me everytime, and it'd make you even more unpredictable. :)

Geg

I don't know why everyone thinks the Dynamo Roller is broken, chargers/squelchers/.96 Gals are the bane of your existence

As a squelcher user, the really good dynamo rollers tend to get in range of me before I even know they're there. Also the ones who get on the high ground and just rain ink down onto everyone are a pain to deal with; it usually takes a charger or a killer wail to bring them down

Heng

yeah, that must be the reason why you usually got 7+ kills and I struggled to get a positive kdr :p

I might do a little better on other maps, felt a bit helpless on Kelp Dome. And I need to get more sub savers for my damn double grenades

The kills mean nothing, all of them were easy kills besides you and doc. More importantly my missed shots cost me a death, and sometime the game.

Dynamo is all about sneaking up on your enemies and preemptively start your flick. You basically have to predict where your enemy will go. This is from my experience with it, maybe someone who's better at it can give you better tips.

So I keep trying to re-roll the blue moto boots that have ink resistance as the main ability to get the 3 sub abilities of increased run speed. But I keep only getting 2 subs. Is 2 subs of run abilities good or should I keep trying for the full 3?

Top Bottom