• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

So I keep trying to re-roll the blue moto boots that have ink resistance as the main ability to get the 3 sub abilities of increased run speed. But I keep only getting 2 subs. Is 2 subs of run abilities good or should I keep trying for the full 3?

For run speed in particular:

1x Sub = +7.5% increase
2x Sub = +11.25% increase
3x Sub = +15% increase

There is a bunch of data on how much abilities actually increase your stats here. General rule of thumb is that you get diminishing returns the more of each ability you stack, I usually just stick with 2 on a bit of gear as long as the 3rd ability is also useful (eg. my shoes have 2x special charge up and 1x swim speed up).

DaBoss

I don't know why everyone thinks the Dynamo Roller is broken, chargers/squelchers/.96 Gals are the bane of your existence
Turf War doesn't show the true strength of the Dynamo Roller. When people say it is "broken", they are talking about Ranked modes.

Jakku

I don't play too much, only level 13ish, but I can see why people use the Aerospray so much after finally finishing single player yesterday. The rate of fire and power to cover so much terrain is nuts.

For run speed in particular:

1x Sub = +7.5% increase
2x Sub = +11.25% increase
3x Sub = +15% increase

There is a bunch of data on how much abilities actually increase your stats here. General rule of thumb is that you get diminishing returns the more of each ability you stack, I usually just stick with 2 on a bit of gear as long as the 3rd ability is also useful (eg. my shoes have 2x special charge up and 1x swim speed up).
Thanks!

I don't play too much, only level 13ish, but I can see why people use the Aerospray so much after finally finishing single player yesterday. The rate of fire and power to cover so much terrain is nuts.
I think the splash o matic is better

Geg

The range on the rapid blaster is kind of ridiculous, it's hard to get close against one in a one on one shootout

Crisium

Turf War doesn't show the true strength of the Dynamo Roller. When people say it is "broken", they are talking about Ranked modes.

For sure it's worst in Ranked, but we've all been annoyed by them in Turf War. There's a reason no other shooter has ever had a shotgun weapon have more range than most other weapons in the game. It's unprecedented and is apparently justified only by a startup time to the attack.

For sure it's worst in Ranked, but we've all been annoyed by them in Turf War. There's a reason no other shooter has ever had a shotgun weapon have more range than most other weapons in the game. It's unprecedented and is apparently justified only by a startup time to the attack.
However that startup to the attack sure is a pain for the dynamo user.
Although I get my ass kicked a lot by dynamos, once you know where they are, Squidding away as they charge up and kill them as they release, is a pretty easy tactic. But a dynamo laying in ambush, not much to do, but that can be said about any OHKO weapon.

Violet_0

Banned
Got a com error too, well played!:) you could put more pressure by doing the rain dance>squid>rain dance and don't be shy to go on the front lines too, you'll be surprised to see how easy it is to splat two squids at once, on the mall it's friggin impressive to look at the ink waves you launched from the middle! Also something that helps a lot to kill people is to paint the walls, it's pretty much a must as you can attack from the air too which will kill me everytime, and it'd make you even more unpredictable. :)
The kills mean nothing, all of them were easy kills besides you and doc. More importantly my missed shots cost me a death, and sometime the game.

Dynamo is all about sneaking up on your enemies and preemptively start your flick. You basically have to predict where your enemy will go. This is from my experience with it, maybe someone who's better at it can give you better tips.
right, thanks for the advice. I barely have any experience with this beast, I subconsciously tried to use it like a Carbon Roller a couple of times and, uh, that didn't end all too well. The wind-up time takes some getting used to
it's definitely good for Tower Control, tried it a couple of times in the A ranks and it's zoning is quite potent . As a charger main I don't often run into problems when dealing with Dynamos (all those game with DC_Alba sort of prepared me for this) but I can definitely see why others struggle with them

and well, I suck with this weapon atm so my opinion on it isn't worth much ha

phanphare

Banned
been really enjoying the vanilla splattershot as of recent

had a match on moray towers yesterday where I went 11:2 and had 1090p

burst bombs are really fun to use

DaBoss

Yea, it's annoying in every mode lol. I wouldn't call it "broken", but I am annoyed by its range of its OHKO.
it's definitely good for Tower Control, tried it a couple of times in the A ranks and it's zoning is quite potent . As a charger main I don't often run into problems when dealing with Dynamos (all those game with DC_Alba sort of prepared me for this) but I can definitely see why others struggle with them

and well, I suck with this weapon atm so my opinion on it isn't worth much ha
It was one of the weapons I used a lot in Splat Zones in like the first week or so and probably one of the few who used it back then. It can pretty much set a zone to neutral with one fling and cap it with two or three.

During the first 3 weeks or so in Ranked, Dynamo Rollers were rare, but now it is nearly as common as the Gal weapons because of how good it is.
been really enjoying the vanilla splattershot as of recent

had a match on moray towers yesterday where I went 11:2 and had 1090p

burst bombs are really fun to use
Burst Bombs only lobbies is definitely the first thing that has to happen.

Another thing I want to try is "boosting". Basically do a roller train. I'm curious how much points you can get by doing that lol.

It might be due to it being a blaster and not a Rapid blaster, meaning it might be able to 1 shot unlike the rapid blaster. Also I'm surprised how low the blaster is on the list of most used weapon. Do we have stats for other regions as well?

Blue I tried playing about 20 degrees off center and it threw my aim off significantly. Try playing directly facing it if you can.

Yeah, it makes lining up shots weird.

Finally someone who appreciates the original one.

I've been here the entire time, bomb appreciation and all. =(

Grakl

Yeah there might be a little weapon bias in who I rank as a top player, but I tried answering that question in the eyes of both a blaster and a charger. I think the weapons I struggle against as a blaster are any chargers and for chargers would be squelchers. There are other weapons I have trouble with but it's usually because I'm not playing smart.

I don't think you've played my scope charger or rather enough of it. I think it's close to my blaster, but just not there yet. It's also been a week or two since I've used my blaster seriously. I feel there's too many people who complain about it when I do so I usually save it for ranked or for randoms in turf wars.

Oh and I forgot to put Grakl on the list. He would probably rank among Violet and you.

Edit: And ryechu would be in the same boat..

I'm only good with one weapon type lol

For some reason I don't really have fun with any of the others

Thought you were a charger user?

Primarily, but I like all of the Testfire weapons a lot. My main Charger of choice is actually the vanilla Charger. =P The vanilla Splattershot is my usual go-to weapon when my Charger play went south.

I think I'm one of the first ones to really appreciate all of the bombs. Yeah, I didn't pay much attention to the Burst Bombs at first, since I was usually using the Splat Charger and its Splat Bombs (don't hate on 'em, Violet. They're for mind games or sneaky placement), but my eyes were opened to their aggressive uses once I unlocked the E-Liter. =D

Primarily, but I like all of the Testfire weapons a lot. My main Charger of choice is actually the vanilla Charger. =P The vanilla Splattershot is my usual go-to weapon when my Charger play went south.

I think I'm one of the first ones to really appreciate all of the bombs. Yeah, I didn't pay much attention to the Burst Bombs at first, since I was usually using the Splat Charger and its Splat Bombs (don't hate on 'em, Violet. They're for mind games or sneaky placement), but my eyes were opened to their aggressive uses once I unlocked the E-Liter. =D
Yea I didn't realize the burst bombs were so effective until I played against a Japanese player who was using them. I had used the vanilla splattershot during the test fire but forgot about it when I used the tentatek. Now I'm back to using it (hero replica version).

Yea I didn't realize the burst bombs were so effective until I played against a Japanese player who was using them. I had used the vanilla splattershot during the test fire but forgot about it when I used the tentatek. Now I'm back to using it (hero replica version).

I was using the vanilla Splattershot yesterday when you were using the Splattershot Pro IIRC.

My wife and I have an inside joke since we got Splatoon that "I'd rather be splatting" whenever we're in a boring situation. She kept saying it would make a funny and confusing bumper sticker. So I made one for her. :)

sp_zps9llnzvmv.jpg

Violet_0

Banned

the other day I saw a Japanese Carbon Roller who moved around the map almost exclusively with Burst Bombs, it was quite a sight to behold. He was pretty good, too

as an interesting side fact, three Ink Savers (sub) main abilities and one sub ability just barely give you an extra Burst Bomb. I'm still trying to stack Ink savers to a point where I can throw two Splat Bombs in a row

atr0cious

Been messing around with my gear to my make nozzlenose less frustrating for myself, and found some success last night. Finally got a piece I ordered to simplify the build even more, today. Will be on for the map change at 11AM, since I work tonight.

Crisium

Been messing around with my gear to my make nozzlenose less frustrating for myself, and found some success last night. Finally got a piece I ordered to simplify the build even more, today. Will be on for the map change at 11AM, since I work tonight.

Nozzlenose is one of my 3 mains. What gear do you use?

Violet_0

Banned
I feel let down by the fact that out of all new weapons on the list, only the N-Zap '89 has the sprinkler, not even a single blaster has it, c'mon?

and five Kraken specials versus one Bubbler. There currently are already more weapons with Kraken than Bubbler
the Bamboozler with Splash Wall / Disruptor is gonna be fun

Vecks

Your posts on burst bombs pushed me to give them a more serious try because I also wrote them off at first. Since then, I've been experimenting with all the sub weapons, and I'm appreciating all of them a lot more really. Currently, trying to see if mines can be used more efficiently in turf wars.

With the news of Iwata's passing I finally decided to buy Splatoon and I'm having a blast!

The randomized teams and lack of voice chat are actually part of it since I don't feel discouraged playing online as a beginner.

My NNID is pakbeka , is that all it takes theses days? No more need for friend codes? I'll probably be playing a lot these next two weeks since I'm on vacation.

atr0cious

Nozzlenose is one of my 3 mains. What gear do you use?

I like to use my sub abilities, especially while on attack, so all my builds have been about sub savers. The problem was that after throwing a bomb/sprinkler/disruptor, I didn't have enough ink to finish the job. I was rereading the guide and it suggests ink saver main instead if I wanted more ink, so then I focused on ink saver mains. The problem then becomes, where's the kill power? The vanilla nozzle needs most of both shots to kill, more if they have defense up, and although I pride myself in my accuracy, in gaf rooms, this doesn't cut it, as the TTK can be less than a second depending on the lag.

This is all really inspired by rollers and brushes like Kas and Kevin who run behind enemy lines forcing us to chase them. I put a damage main and a couple subs, and now I'm able to not be as accurate but still get the kill, meaning less time in the backfield or trades with blasters. Now I can pretty much take chargers on and still have ink left over for their reinforcements. Just grabbed the inkline beanie with main ink saver, and hoping to get 3 sub defenses out of it(for gaf firefights), so I can switch from a defense up chest piece(with a couple damage subs), to something more helpful like coldblooded.

With the news of Iwata's passing I finally decided to buy Splatoon and I'm having a blast!

The randomized teams and lack of voice chat are actually part of it since I don't feel discouraged playing online as a beginner.

My NNID is pakbeka , is that all it takes theses days? No more need for friend codes? I'll probably be playing a lot these next two weeks since I'm on vacation.

Just quote the 6th or so post in this thread to reveal a Google Docs spreadsheet with a lot of NNID's. Then your best bet is to just check up on the thread and adding the most active users as friends!

NNID: novaD124 - to get you started!

Welcome to the community!

WALKMAN04

I have my little niece with me here and her commentary is so damn funny lol.

Edit: trying out splattershot pro and I gotta say that im loving it, if it had echolocater I don't think I would ever leave it

Geg

I tried the splattershot pro and gave it up after a few games. My aim isn't good enough to be truly effective at it

I have my little niece with me here and her commentary is so damn funny lol.

Edit: trying out splattershot pro and I gotta say that im loving it, if it had echolocater I don't think I would ever leave it
Enjoy it's an awesome gun
Dual squelcher I think I'm starting to like slightly better

Top Bottom