• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

What are the stats on this thing, I've lost every single 1v1 encounter with you -_-

Kills in three hits just like the standard splattershot, but has the range of the dual squelcher & .96 gal. Its main weakness is its high ink consumption and narrow spread

Azure J

I keep saying that Splattershot Pro is the truth in some ways (if you ave aim, it's friggin' wonderful), but there's something about it's sub and special layouts in both variations that leaves me wanting something more.

what's the best weapon for someone under level 5 or 10?

All of the starter/testfire weapons are pretty good at teaching you general strategies for how to play.

My advice would be to switch up weapons frequently until you find a playstyle that is comfortable for you. Playing with GAF members is also a good crash course into what works as long as you remember you're playing against some very high level strategy players.

Just have fun and don't get bummed out about losing!

Not sure if this has been shared here yet, but I was quite moved by it
CJzhFibUkAA2Ccw.jpg

*Cries in next poster shoulders *

Use Splattershot pro Forge for your echolator type needs. Point sensor is good.

nom

Dunno but it's only downside is the slow firing rate, and lol at the teabag even if I did kill you like 4 times that game it was a good kill

I think it was my first in like 15+ deaths to you since we've started this lobby :p

Trying it out myself now and yeah apart from the ink consumption this thing kills very easily.

Geg

Oh nice what load out do use with the dual squelcher?

I don't put much work into loadouts, but I think ink saver main works well with the dual squelcher; it gives like over 9 seconds of sustained fire with it. And quick respawn combined with the custom dual squelcher's beakons means I can be safely back on the front lines again within ten seconds of dying.

WALKMAN04

Oh nice what load out do use with the dual squelcher?
I use the normal dual squelchers, and I don't really have a specific loadout of gear for it yet, but I like the abilities that build my special and ink saver main and sub

Just out of curiosity, what version of the Splattershot Pro are you using? The standard or the forge?
Standard, I think it's made for turf war and the other for ranked

Let it all out. I know how you feel. :'(
Edit: guess my response didn't save, but I'm using the regular I feel it was made for turf war and the forge is for ranked, just basing that off of the sub and special weapons, haven't touched the forge

Yeah the slow rate gets me from time to time
It's actually not bothering me at all

I don't put much work into loadouts, but I think ink saver main works well with the dual squelcher; it gives like over 9 seconds of sustained fire with it. And quick respawn combined with the custom dual squelcher's beakons means I can be safely back on the front lines again within ten seconds of dying.
Nice I used the custom but I like having bombs

Robotguy

I love the custom jet squelcher but 9/10 times I get too greedy with my fire and end up out of ink even with my ink savers x:
Yeah, have to be careful about that. Especially when I try to bomb spam people and then don't have any ink to finish them off with.
Edit: I'm running 2X ink main ink saver mains and 2x sub inksaver subs with CJS and I still need more.

WALKMAN04

Didn't notice I fully upgraded that gear, changing gear and joining back in a sec
Edit: also might come back with a new weapon to try out

Geg

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I'm utterly terrible at this game.

This tends to happen; I remember about two weeks after launch I just started losing almost every game I played. If you've been doing particularly well in turf wars the game may be matching you with high level players now

Azure J

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I'm utterly terrible at this game.

Remember what I told you. You will hate yourself and find yourself comparing your play to others a lot in this game only to come up short. Just focus on your strengths while adopting things from other players that help emphasize said strengths better. I noticed that I started playing way better after taking some time off from GAF rooms to beat up on randoms since it gave me more room to experiment and cool down from getting stomped 3 seconds in. Nowadays, I hang with GAF for way longer and get to do some really fun stuff without feeling that hopelessness.

Though I still have a ways to go with any weapon that isn't the brush.

WALKMAN04

Remember what I told you. You will hate yourself and find yourself comparing your play to others a lot in this game only to come up short. Just focus on your strengths while adopting things from other players that help emphasize said strengths better. I noticed that I started playing way better after taking some time off from GAF rooms to beat up on randoms since it gave me more room to experiment and cool down from getting stomped 3 seconds in. Nowadays, I hang with GAF for way longer and get to do some really fun stuff without feeling that hopelessness.

Though I still have a ways to go with any weapon that isn't the brush.
The taking time off from gaf rooms actually helped me before, like the 2 days prior to the splatfest I was playing like shit and then splatfest forced me to play with randoms and I got my game back.

Whats up with that lately? I'm in Europe, and around this time of the evening (say from 9 PM onwards, CET) it has become almost impossible for me to play online. This basically started around the last splat fest.

The most frustrating part is that I usually get kicked out of the match pretty late, and this has caused me to drop at least a rank in points or so...

Could this potentially be a problem with my own internet connection (though everything else seems to work just fine?) or is this definitely a server issue?
This is really a bummer. Seems like I am just loosing points in half the ranked battle games because of that.

Edit: to clarify, I have read about people suffering from server problems of course, but this has never affected me until recently. I used to be kicked out of matches about 1 every 20 times or so, now it's 9 out of 10 times during the evening :/

WALKMAN04

Not really a fan of the sploosh, it pretty much encourages me to run away from enemies, I probably have to play with ninja squid for it. Also what is the other map lol, I don't even remember playing anything but warehouse.
Be back, just quit for a sec

Edit: i think it's port lol

What are the chances of getting the Octobrush Nouveau (Burst Bombs/Inkzooka) before the regular Octobrush (Beakon/Kraken) or Inkbrush Nouveau (Ink Mines/Bubbler)?

Pretty low i bet, the original versions tend to come out before the alternative versions if im not wrong.

So I bet the regular octobrush would be the next then ink nouveau then oct noveau.

Azure J

I'm not joking whenever I say that when you aren't playing a brush you keep on running straight at people while holding ZR. >_>;

It's honestly just slow reaction times + a when that happens. Usually I'm trying to put out a little more ink to keep them out of their optimal range to circle in, but then I get lit up. It's also a side effect of playing short/medium range for so long.

Ulysses 31

I keep saying that Splattershot Pro is the truth in some ways (if you ave aim, it's friggin' wonderful), but there's something about it's sub and special layouts in both variations that leaves me wanting something more.

I hope they release a Tentatek Pro version. >.>

Yeah, have to be careful about that. Especially when I try to bomb spam people and then don't have any ink to finish them off with.
Edit: I'm running 2X ink main ink saver mains and 2x sub inksaver subs with CJS and I still need more.

YUP! I'll be staring down an enemy and "low ink" flashes and SPLAT I go.

Top Bottom