• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Moonlight

Banned
This tends to happen; I remember about two weeks after launch I just started losing almost every game I played. If you've been doing particularly well in turf wars the game may be matching you with high level players now
This might be true. I was in a room with nothing but level 20s for a while, heh.

Remember what I told you. You will hate yourself and find yourself comparing your play to others a lot in this game only to come up short. Just focus on your strengths while adopting things from other players that help emphasize said strengths better. I noticed that I started playing way better after taking some time off from GAF rooms to beat up on randoms since it gave me more room to experiment and cool down from getting stomped 3 seconds in. Nowadays, I hang with GAF for way longer and get to do some really fun stuff without feeling that hopelessness.

Though I still have a ways to go with any weapon that isn't the brush.
Thanks. Got a lobg way to go still, but man, it feels rough when you're the worst member on your team.

Zing

Banned
I waited through two cycles each on both GAF rooms but couldn't get back in. I played in a public room and it was awful. One guy literally stood at spawn the whole match and the other two were almost as useless.

Hjalp!

Trying to get back into GAF game.

GGs, GAF. It was fun once I got rid of the Custom Splattershot Jr. Too much bad RNG with that weapon for me. Did pretty good/great with the Nozzlenose.

Oh, so Suction Bombs DO have a wider blast radius compared to the Splat Bombs. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy. I just tested it out in the test range.

Totakeke

Man I am at my wit's end right now. Nothing is working...

Not sure what kind of expectations you're putting on yourself, but I was impressed with your splatterscope play yesterday, much more than your general inkbrush stuff. Plus I remembered your .52 gal being decent as well.

I guess the question is what exactly are you looking for?

Oh, so Suction Bombs DO have a wider blast radius compared to the Splat Bombs. Good to know that I wasn't going crazy. I just tested it out in the test range.

Should've talked to Judd more, Judd tells all. Takes longer to detonate as well. Master AI was super annoying with his suction bomb spam when I was playing a not very mobile weapon.

WALKMAN04

You guys gotta stop squid jumping, it's useless on warehouse, it only gets you killed. We lost that one because of all the squid jumps

Edit: finished that gear and will come in with some real gear because I'm out of super sea snails and don't want to waste money

Not sure what kind of expectations you're putting on yourself, but I was impressed with your splatterscope play yesterday, much more than your general inkbrush stuff. Plus I remembered your .52 gal being decent as well.

I guess the question is what exactly are you looking for?

Should've talked to Judd more, Judd tells all. Takes longer to detonate as well. Master AI was super annoying with his suction bomb spam when I was playing a not very mobile weapon.

I've talked to Judd plenty, even paying attention to what he says. He failed to mention that little tidbit. =P

I was treating them like Splat Bombs and would get splatted a lot a week ago. Heh. Now I know for sure.

phanphare

Banned
I waited through two cycles each on both GAF rooms but couldn't get back in. I played in a public room and it was awful. One guy literally stood at spawn the whole match and the other two were almost as useless.

Hjalp!

Trying to get back into GAF game.

I've noticed that after playing in a GAF room I'll get paired with really awful randoms for about 5 matches or so

I think it's because GAF rooms even the playing field a lot but the game still sees it like every other room meaning it will think you're on a level playing field with most of the randoms

basically that august update needs to hurry up!

It's honestly just slow reaction times + a when that happens. Usually I'm trying to put out a little more ink to keep them out of their optimal range to circle in, but then I get lit up. It's also a side effect of playing short/medium range for so long.
Increasing your sensitivity can help a lot with that sort of thing.

I have no idea what my sensitivity is at though and that's probably why the controls have been feeling funky lately.

You guys gotta stop squid jumping, it's useless on warehouse, it only gets you killed. We lost that one because of all the squid jumps

Outside of getting to the north part of Saltspray, I've not actually found a single map where jumping to someone is better than just swimming back. It takes about the same amount of time, but you're painting a big ass target on your teammate and risking instant death upon landing, plus with swimming back you can do a quick scan of your territory to make sure everything is in order.

Rize_21

Kalle must be suffering in here, hard life for a level 6 :(.

e: sent an invite to Gizuko, and yeah, it's totally one-sided once you mix 2-3 gaffers, some defeats were really brutal, was surprised to see Kalle willing to roll match after match. That's the spirit!
On a side note,Inkopolis is heavy loaded with feelings...I'm preparing something under art academy, will post once done this week, it was initially for our splatfest, but... :(

Violet_0

Banned
fun games Gizuko, Doc, Master A I
it seems to the team with more Gaffers in it always wins
oh and the bomb spam was just brutal (for the receiving team)

DaBoss

Going to join a room. And it seems to be putting me in a room where someone seems to have disconnected.
What a damn comeback!
I died and then we lost.

I apologize for this, but the lyrics fit too well:
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

WALKMAN04

Outside of getting to the north part of Saltspray, I've not actually found a single map where jumping to someone is better than just swimming back. It takes about the same amount of time, but you're painting a big ass target on your teammate and risking instant death upon landing, plus with swimming back you can do a quick scan of your territory to make sure everything is in order.
Yeah squid jumping is very situational on most maps, the only maps that I try to make sure I don't do it are warehouse and skatepark because you could make the length o the map in like 3 seconds anyway, and I hardly ever jump without stealth jump.

What maps are on right now, I may jump back on soon

Heng

Yeah squid jumping is very situational on most maps, the only maps that I try to make sure I don't do it are warehouse and skatepark because you could make the length o the map in like 3 seconds anyway, and I hardly ever jump without stealth jump.

What maps are on right now, I may jump back on soon
Tower and Skatepark.

Top Bottom