• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Totakeke

Sometimes you see some crazy stuff in ranked. The other team used 2 killer wails at the same time in a crisscross pattern on port mackerel. I dodged one only to fall into the other.

I've seen killer wails at the same time at the two lanes before. Needless to say the game was already lost.

Azure J

I'm curious about something, what weapon do would you associate me with?

I just thought about what weapons I've been using and realized that I've mainly been using the Inkbrush and chargers with some Rapid Blasters and rollers here and there in the GAF rooms.

Charger. Some of the best interactions I've had with players in this game with GAF have been when you're on charger and I'm on brush.

Azure J

Sometimes you see some crazy stuff in ranked. The other team used 2 killer wails at the same time in a crisscross pattern on port mackerel. I dodged one only to fall into the other.

The GAF room did this to me earlier on Walleye Warehouse. It felt like I missed a QTE in Bayo1. :lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ceft has his Charger game on point. Couldn't move anywhere on Urchin Underpass.

One more match for me, probably be back on in an hour or so

ryechu

does anyone have any of these six gear?
Pink Trainers
B-Ball Jersey (Away)
Sailor-Stripe Tee
Sky Blue Squideye
Zekko Baseball LS
Squidmark Sweat

I wanted to fill out my catalogue and i have every other piece of gear.

CJ2RHQAWoAAmH0D.png

https://youtu.be/-enrrJ4RR4E

ryechu

i found some interesting info about the unreleased chargerrs. http://i.imgur.com/aQljmrN.png
Apparently the eliter scope starts zoom at 50% charge like the splatterscope but goes to a visio radius of 20 as opposed to the 28 of the scope and the unzoomed 38. Also the bamboozler has a unique vaue for its charge collision radii with a value of 2.0 compared to the 1.0 fo all other snipers. I dont know what this value stands for but maybe it has a bigger projectile? Also the velocity of its minimum charged projectile is the same as its maximum as well as the range unlike the linear relationshipt of otehr chargers.

J@hranimo

Banned
I sometimes feel like I should just play ranked more to finally get out of B rank. Although since getting good players is so random with matchmaking it gets frustrating sometimes. That's why I like to play with gaf more.

I think I should say "fuck being versatile with different weapons" and just stick to one weapons and gear loadout. Although that can get stale from time to time, which is why I like to use different weapons in splat zones/tower control. Eh, such a dilemma. :/

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah I'm not touching ranked anymore until the update comes out.

Ok that's a lie, but I'm taking a break from if until Tower Control returns.

Totakeke

ryechu

the beginning makes it seems like all hope is lost (wtf is a 360 deg charge shot), there's no point even trying to fight this guy, but the actual match recording was more... grounded? as much grounded can be to see someone with amazingly steady hands make incredibly accurate shots

I still don't get charge-jump-shoot though.

the jump is to bump the cursor up. Its good when you are in front of a ledge that is blocking your shot. you can aim with the ghost cursor and jump, that way they dont see the laser at all. Its also good as an added jerk movement to throw them off. I still dont get the other shit hes doing. I cant do snapshots like that without a scope and even then its upwards not side to side.

Azure J

the jump is to bump the cursor up. Its good when you are in front of a ledge that is blocking your shot. you can aim with the ghost cursor and jump, that way they dont see the laser at all. Its also good as an added jerk movement to throw them off. I still dont get the other shit hes doing. I cant do snapshots like that without a scope and even then its upwards not side to side.

Interestingly, I can do snapshots vertically better than I can horizontally (with a scope like you though), but if I get a non-scope charger, I'm basically free splats for the other team.

Hope new weapons come soon. None of them click with me.

The best weapons I can use feel a bit lackluster

Splattershot pro are great but their supers and sub weapons are kind boring.

Brush also is fun but meh sub and Super, for me at least

.56 is my "main" but it gets tiring using it all the time.

Should probably give squiffer a go.

Any strategy advice for short range weapons and chargers. I typically learn and master different strategies and maps and then once I get a huge win streak, I move onto a new weapon. So far I've done this with krakon roller, aerospray, Custom dual squelcher, splash-o-matic, dual squelcher, Carbon Roller, and Forge Splattershot pro. I've been considering trying Elite-3K, sploosh-o-matic or inkbrush.

I'm curious what others recommend and what strategies they try. I've played a little with the sploosh-o-matic and I try to always just keep moving as quickly as possible. If I need to attack an enemy I ambush them and get as close as possible.

My finger was already getting sore from the test range. LOL I need to warm up.
Not looking forward to a GAF room with me using the brush. =P

Saro

This is how i feel when playing splatzones

http://w.webms.org/m/ReDZgdCC.webm

Sometimes I'm green. Sometimes I'm purple.

If the webm hosting site is banned or the file is too big please tell me and I will remove it.

This is my first time doing this so tell me what you guys think :)

Xeteh

I've been super busy the last few days and I've felt a bit burnt out on Splatoon. I'm gonna have to snap out of it before the next Splatfest.

I should've had more faith in the randoms on my team that game lol. That said it's sort of late for me, gonna take off for tonight. GGs! Hope my clowning around with 96 Gal Deco was at least somewhat entertaining ;P

Moonlight

Banned
I finally decided to come out of my comfort zone and try out the Roller for the first time. First game went surprisingly well. Ranked first by a wide margin, covered a lot of ground and went on a 6-1 streak, Rollers are awesome. Second game, keep getting shot from behind (fuckers cutting off my escape route, lol) and spend too much of the game splatted to even cover much territory, Rollers are the worst.

Third game, I do alright. Rollers are alright.

ryechu

I finally decided to come out of my comfort zone and try out the Roller for the first time. First game went surprisingly well. Ranked first by a wide margin, covered a lot of ground and went on a 6-1 streak, Rollers are awesome. Second game, keep getting shot from behind (fuckers cutting off my escape route, lol) and spend too much of the game splatted to even cover much territory, Rollers are the worst.

Third game, I do alright. Rollers are alright.

carbon roller is the most fun!

Top Bottom