• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I finally decided to come out of my comfort zone and try out the Roller for the first time. First game went surprisingly well. Ranked first by a wide margin, covered a lot of ground and went on a 6-1 streak, Rollers are awesome. Second game, keep getting shot from behind (fuckers cutting off my escape route, lol) and spend too much of the game splatted to even cover much territory, Rollers are the worst.

Third game, I do alright. Rollers are alright.
Rollers are swingy.

But yes, Carbon Roller is quite fun imo.

Xeteh

I finally decided to come out of my comfort zone and try out the Roller for the first time. First game went surprisingly well. Ranked first by a wide margin, covered a lot of ground and went on a 6-1 streak, Rollers are awesome. Second game, keep getting shot from behind (fuckers cutting off my escape route, lol) and spend too much of the game splatted to even cover much territory, Rollers are the worst.

Third game, I do alright. Rollers are alright.

Rollers are a blast but they require a different playstyle. I really enjoy them but I tend to stick with longer range weapons in Ranked games just because I have zero faith in my own play.

ryechu

waterslides vs rollercoasters are difficult for me. I've ridden most of the major thrill rides from coast to coast in the US including the tallest and fastest rolelr coaster in the world. After which they started to before me. Really large drop off water slides are still thrilling so I should probably vote that.

Joining on Bluesilver. I feel bad because I haven't played remotely enough SplatGAF games lately.

I'm using the brush, so naturally Azure has to switch to it to show his dominance. =P

JK Azure

We should get a money room going one day. =P

Almost a comeback.

Xeteh

I'm using the brush, so naturally Azure has to switch to it to show his dominance. =P

JK Azure

We should get a money room going one day. =P

lol fair enough.

PS: Azure J are we really not NNID homies? Considering how many times we've played I can't believe this.

Azure J

WHY DOES BLUESILVER HIT SO HARD

DONT YOU DARE TELL ME DAMAGE UP IS MAKING THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE

lol fair enough.

PS: Azure J are we really not NNID homies? Considering how many times we've played I can't believe this.

Weird. I coulda sworn I made space for you on my list.

oh god. This is the most absurd splatoon video i have ever seen.

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26699020

313m3x4.gif

the hours I play with insomnia gives me japan only rooms ;_;

so dead

Azure J

>Hits sploosh guy 5 times
>Sploosh survives and walks away
>I die

>Spot a squiffer user aiming at me as I super jump (why do I even do this shit anymore) to the top of Saltspray Rig
>Drops sprinkler in front to absorb hit
>Guy next to me dies and other team's ink is everywhere as I back jump like "GG my dude"
>Sweating_man.jpg
>Haul ass as best as I could behind a canister
>Squiffer instant reloads and pops me after I'm cleanly behind a wall of all things

Robotguy

Finally got me in the last 5 seconds huh?
Anyways, that was a really tense match. Spent the entire match trying to get an opportunity to break into the top, but then I finally do it and but I couldn't paint and defend at the same time.

Azure J

GGs GAF. I'm still having a slight off time with everything but I hope I brought some fun stuff to the table in those matches.

GGs GAF. I'm still having a slight off time with everything but I hope I brought some fun stuff to the table in those matches.
How did you like that brush play? Think I wasn't being aggressive enough or something else?
lol i hate saltspray turf war. There is always that one clueless fucker.

Ggs Bluesilver

I wanted to play against you more, but I'm getting tired. GGs anyways. =D

Crisium

I wonder how the competitive scene will begin to unfold after custom games are possible. Will all teams have an E Liter (or Splatterscope depending on map size)? When your aim is near perfect I guess why wouldn't you play charger?

i found some interesting info about the unreleased chargerrs. http://i.imgur.com/aQljmrN.png
Apparently the eliter scope starts zoom at 50% charge like the splatterscope but goes to a visio radius of 20 as opposed to the 28 of the scope and the unzoomed 38. Also the bamboozler has a unique vaue for its charge collision radii with a value of 2.0 compared to the 1.0 fo all other snipers. I dont know what this value stands for but maybe it has a bigger projectile? Also the velocity of its minimum charged projectile is the same as its maximum as well as the range unlike the linear relationshipt of otehr chargers.

Dang, Bamboozler makes the Squiffer even more obsolete. Sure it takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill with it, but a full charge is less than half a Squiffer and your second hit doesn't have to be a full charge to KO. And all charges have longer range than Squiffer, and it has more move speed than Squiffer. Ouch. I seriously think the only hope for the Squiffer is to give it the same move speed as the Splattershot firing even when fully charged. Or even Nozzlenose speed, why not. I guess Bamboozler will be the Scout to the E Liter's AWP, leaving the Squiffer in the "WTF why do I have less range than a Squelcher" category.

Violet_0

Banned

I sometimes have those moments where I score a triple kill in rapid succession like in this video, but obviously my aim is not anywhere near as good. Like, when you jump down on Moray Towers in front of an E-Liter or walk down the ramp in kid form you're as good as dead. Also interesting that he plays the weapon without Damage Up

Finalow

how are you supposed to play with the charger and inkbrush?

charger, focus only on getting kills

inkbrush, ??

last time I tried it I really sucked.

inkbrush, ??

Try looking at it like a really sneaky and mobile roller that is only reliable with kills when you get the drop on someone at point blank.

You will usually find good results on open maps where you can easily use the roll function to run past the enemy and quickly ink up an area. Don't be afraid to toss out your sprinkler as a distraction and lie in wait for someone to come up so that you can jump out and spam that ZR.

Crisium

inkbrush, ??

Ink Brush can paint as well as or better than any other weapon. And you have the Sprinkler to help paint areas you don't want to commit to as well. For kills you have to sneak up in your own ink or use the "roll" which lets you move through enemy territory at about normal swim speed. Using the roll is also a way to sneak through enemy lines and then paint very quickly by spamming the attack button (with the Sprinkler, you can paint two areas at once basically). Head-on engagements are suicide unless your enemy cannot aim.

DaBoss

I'll just say this, the only time I watch out for you, is when you're holding a charger.
Charger. Some of the best interactions I've had with players in this game with GAF have been when you're on charger and I'm on brush.
Thanks for answering. That's what I thought the answer would be.

I think I mainly use weapons I'm not confident with in GAF rooms and I never feel completely confident with a charger. I could always use practice with aiming.

That video is amazing and shows why the E-liter is so good on Moray. The jump shots are on point here. I wished he had some Tower Control footage on Saltspray Rig. I can't really tell the furthest an E-liter can shoot from the spawn platform.

I feel like I need to up my sensitivity after watching that.

Regiruler

I wonder how the competitive scene will begin to unfold after custom games are possible. Will all teams have an E Liter (or Splatterscope depending on map size)? When your aim is near perfect I guess why wouldn't you play charger?

Dang, Bamboozler makes the Squiffer even more obsolete. Sure it takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill with it, but a full charge is less than half a Squiffer and your second hit doesn't have to be a full charge to KO. And all charges have longer range than Squiffer, and it has more move speed than Squiffer. Ouch. I seriously think the only hope for the Squiffer is to give it the same move speed as the Splattershot firing even when fully charged. Or even Nozzlenose speed, why not. I guess Bamboozler will be the Scout to the E Liter's AWP, leaving the Squiffer in the "WTF why do I have less range than a Squelcher" category.
It's easier to hit with one shot than to kill with two.

A two shot requirement defeats the purpose of chargers.

Top Bottom