• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

the center is the worst (read: best) choke point in the game. E-Liters are having a baller time on this map and the two best sniper positions are really easy to defend from anything but specials. I don't think I've ever played anything but charger on Moray so yeah it's usually really fun

seeing how chargers can cover the entire mid from their perch, I don't think one splat zone would have worked here

Good point. It's really that the nature of the stage makes almost any part of the stage campable. You'll run into that problem no matter what.

Fake Edit: .01% loss

DaBoss

I was playing rather carelessly, didn't care if I died. I wasn't sure if I wanted to rush in or not. I think Turf War is becoming incredibly stale to me.

And there are a lot more DC's and laggy players today than normal. And some of the laggy players wouldn't be laggy at times, but at other times, they would be laggy.

ryechu

Good point. It's really that the nature of the stage makes almost any part of the stage campable. You'll run into that problem no matter what.

Fake Edit: .01% loss

I think they could add one more way up to the area directly above the splatzone, where rollers splash on. Like there is that way up with the two grated platforms. But they should add a wall that extends from the alleyway below the splatzone up to the very top. Tons of people make it to that alleyway and assault the splatzone from there but its like impossible to deal with sniper camp + rollers on the super high ground. Extending the alleyway with a platform that does a right turn into a wall that you can climb to the top would make the map better.

StAidan

I'm off for now, this was my first splatgaf experience and I had fun (even though I might have contributed to some of my team's losses, lol). Looking forward to playing with you guys some more.

Heng

Is the single player a good "training" mode for the mp? I just got the game !
Imo it's great practice for aiming and the moving mechanics. You can slowly make your way to the end of each level which won't help you practice movement, or you can try to run through it as fast as possible and it'll help a lot. Also try using gyro controls for SP campaign, it'll help a lot once you move into multiplayer.

Tons of people make it to that alleyway and assault the splatzone from there but its like impossible to deal with sniper camp + rollers on the super high ground. Extending the alleyway with a platform that does a right turn into a wall that you can climb to the top would make the map better.

Yup. I'd get to the zone and try to shoot and due to the uneven ground, you can't cover as fast as someone covering from above and then they'd simply box me in with bombs and ink coverage.

Azure J

So guys, remember this? I have a few new additions to the wardrobe to mention now:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rzps7.jpg

I think this is the most harmonic build possible for a brush user and maybe even in general. When fully optimized, this set provides Special Charge Up, Ink Recovery Up, Ink Resistance, Ink Saver Sub+, Ink Saver Main+ and Swim Speed Up+. It's really the jack of all trades with the only downsides being that you don't get access to any of the more unique abilities outside of Ink Resistance. I want to fix the shirt and shoes to check how worthwhile it'll be for both my Brush and .52 Gal Deco.

This is the newer of my charger builds for use with the Kelp Splatterscope. Spyke needs to stop fucking around with the rerolls I do on the Cyan Trainers though and give me some goddamn Ink Recoveries asap.

I'm also thinking that this would be my best setup for a Luna Blaster build (shot of me getting lucky with a Squidforce Anchor Tee reroll for Ninja Blaster silliness). What say you GAF?

ngower

Anyone have any links to articles, videos, etc that get into some of the deeper aspects of the game (i.e. builds, strategy, etc)? I feel like I'm above average, but there are times where I just get destroyed. I play every day (which, for me, is a HUGE thing) so I'm definitely putting in the hours, but I want some more intentionality behind what I'm doing.

RedFyn

Anyone have any links to articles, videos, etc that get into some of the deeper aspects of the game (i.e. builds, strategy, etc)? I feel like I'm above average, but there are times where I just get destroyed. I play every day (which, for me, is a HUGE thing) so I'm definitely putting in the hours, but I want some more intentionality behind what I'm doing.
I don't have any but the people here are very knowledgeable and should be able to help.

What set up are you using?

ryechu

Oh god. Splatoon has surpased mario kart 8 by ten hours at 250. Tropical freeze is only at 150 hours. Mh3 140. Pikmin 120.

Ahnez

I still have 1/3 of tropical freeze to shiny gold. Splatoon took me away from my other games.

Other games, you say.. Lets see what I have

Tropical Freeze - only one world completed
Wonderful 101 - not even downloaded it yet
Earthbound - not even started yet
Smash Bros. Melee, 4 and PM - stopped training.. completely
NSMBU - 3 worlds completed
ORAS - was SRing for legendaries..

Yep, Splatoon took me away from my life lol

ryechu

Other games, you say.. Lets see what I have

Tropical Freeze - only one world completed
Wonderful 101 - not even downloaded it yet
Earthbound - not even started yet
Smash Bros. Melee, 4 and PM - stopped training.. completely
NSMBU - 3 worlds completed
ORAS - was SRing for legendaries..

Yep, Splatoon took me away from my life lol

I usually hundred percent my nintendo games. The ones i havent yet are tropical freeze ( i need shiny gold hearts on every level), the two platinum games, NSLU (working on it) and Captain Toad ( my roomate bought this game on my wii). I've made zero progress on all of these games this summer due to Splatoon.

I think splatoon is rivalling my record for density of playtime alongside monster hunter 4 ultimate and dota 2 during beta.

ngower

I don't have any but the people here are very knowledgeable and should be able to help.

What set up are you using?

Currently I'm only a level 15 (limited play time, grinding slowly) so I'm limited in access to gear, so sporting:

Splasth-o-matic
Squid-Stitch Cap
Retro Swet
Red Work Boots

Mostly just trying them out and seeing what rolls I get on item upgrades. Basically every night I buy the best gear and level it up (trying to build up my inventory here).

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm checking my total hours for Splatoon...only 142 hours? I thought it was more!

Nothing will beat 387 hours
of grinding all custom moves >.>
for Smash 4.

atr0cious

Wait what? This sounds atrocious.

I need pictures
I don't know how you move your fingers every time you need to hit a button. The game pad is super uncomfortable if you just hold it with two fingers, so I gotta commend you. Using all four is superior, especially when playing stuff like bayoneta and w101.

Finalow

really sucks that I can't change weapon without going out of the lobby.

anyway I added a bunch of people here, check your friend list boyz

Ahnez

I usually hundred percent my nintendo games. The ones i havent yet are tropical freeze ( i need shiny gold hearts on every level), the two platinum games, NSLU (working on it) and Captain Toad ( my roomate bought this game on my wii). I've made zero progress on all of these games this summer due to Splatoon.

I think splatoon is rivalling my record for density of playtime alongside monster hunter 4 ultimate and dota 2 during beta.

I try to 100% every game I play

I usually get 100% or very close even in very grindy jrpgs
including FF X, XII and the entire Kingdom Hearts series

That huge list of unfinished games is something that never happened to me :p

Well, at least it will never be my most played game
I think
There's no way I will play it more than 2500 hours

Doorman

Gonna try and hop on for a few more quick rounds. Still gotta rank up that damn splatfest shirt. :\ Apologies in advance to anyone who winds up on my team if I make it into a GAF room!

Top Bottom