• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Oh god. Splatoon has surpased mario kart 8 by ten hours at 250. Tropical freeze is only at 150 hours. Mh3 140. Pikmin 120.
Only about 200 hours here.
I'm checking my total hours for Splatoon...only 142 hours? I thought it was more!

Nothing will beat 387 hours
of grinding all custom moves >.>
for Smash 4.
Surely grinding all slot unlocks and perfect rerolls is going to take a while. :p

RedFyn

I don't know how you move your fingers every time you need to hit a button. The game pad is super uncomfortable if you just hold it with two fingers, so I gotta commend you. Using all four is superior, especially when playing stuff like bayoneta and w101.
For each hand i have 3 fingers on the back, pointer on the trigger and thumb on the stick. Gyro let's me take my thumb off to hit jump without missing a beat.

phanphare

Banned
I don't know how you move your fingers every time you need to hit a button. The game pad is super uncomfortable if you just hold it with two fingers, so I gotta commend you. Using all four is superior, especially when playing stuff like bayoneta and w101.

I find that the gamepad is only comfortable holding it with index fingers on the triggers

then I've got 6 fingers primarily holding the gamepad as opposed to just 4

Geg

I find that the gamepad is only comfortable holding it with index fingers on the triggers

Yeah the L/R buttons are so rarely used there's not much reason to keep a finger on them

Doorman

Fucking salty as fuck that's totally my last game of the nig--

*sees one more battle will level up shoes*

...God fucking dammit.

atr0cious

It's not like I'm only using 4 fingers, since I'm using all 8 fingers to hold the pad, and I don't have to do the weird awkward shuffle between buttons and triggers and the pad's weight is always evenly distributed, especially with my streaming setup.

Ahnez

Thats how I play as well

Using only one finger to shoot and to use the sub never caused any problem

Jintor

CVOGHw5.jpg

orz why am i stuck with nonsuperior european english instead of amazing treehouse english

atr0cious

What do you all think the ridge on the gamepad back is for? It's to carry the thing and to rest on your middle fingers for better balance when you're holding the gamepad in the air.

Doorman

That one more game for the shoes was absolutely not worth it at all. I don't have enough things around here I can safely throw without causing property damage.

I feel like for some reason I don't get the range benefit of the dynamo roller like people I play against do. Been on a string lately of being totally outplayed with any weapon I use that seemingly isn't the .96 Gal and as someone who wants to branch out and play a decent variety, it's frustrating to say the least.

phanphare

Banned
It's not like I'm only using 4 fingers, since I'm using all 8 fingers to hold the pad, and I don't have to do the weird awkward shuffle between buttons and triggers and the pad's weight is always evenly distributed, especially with my streaming setup.

I only hold the pad with those 6 fingers and my palms, the 2 on the triggers are either hitting the button or hovering slightly when not

and it's just a short slide up to hit the R button, I hit it more from the side

for games like Bayonetta I just use the Pro Controller

J@hranimo

Banned
A thunderstorm is starting to roll through, which sucks because I was gonna play with gaf tonight. Ah well. If it blows through in 2 hours I'll get back on.

I just had the weirdest Turf War on Saltspray.

So at one point a guy just stared down my bomb before popping his Bubbler at the last second; to be knocked back by the explosion off the stage.

But then with just over a minute left, I realize that the entire upper container area is still almost entirely unpainted. I rush over and discover that for the entire match, two snipers have been having what looked like some kind of (impromptu?) sniping contest to see who could keep any enemies out of the container area while standing at the entrance.

Jeeze, I see what you mean by Splattershot jr. RNG.

Edit
--------
I rush over and discover that for the entire match, two snipers have been having what looked like some kind of (impromptu?) sniping contest to see who could keep any enemies out of the container area while standing at the entrance.

We just had a game like that and because they were so focused on that, we covered everything else and won

phanphare

Banned
damn, just went 10:0, 1328p on urchin with the splattershot jr

was awesome

my favorite part was one of my teammates chose a very bad place to super jump. I had a special saved and saw his icon so I inked up where he was landing and presented him with a shield immediately upon landing. we then proceeded to splat the two people waiting to splat him. was hilarious.

Wow, rough ass servers on turf war. One guy on my side disconnected almost immediately and a player on the other team was so lagged out that I would die to them three full seconds after I had killed them and was swimming away

Zing

Banned
Playing ranked for 10 minutes then I'm coming for you guys.

Whee.. Teammate that just spammed cmon the whole match. NOPE!

Please help GAF... Is it 10pm yet? Just had another match where I got magically killed by an Aerospray after I splatted him at max range with rapid blaster, and a teleporting roller.

WALKMAN04

Playing ranked for 10 minutes then I'm coming for you guys.

Whee.. Teammate that just spammed cmon the whole match. NOPE!

Please help GAF... Is it 10pm yet? Just had another match where I got magically killed by an Aerospray after I splatted him at max range with rapid blaster, and a teleporting roller.
This is the only reason why I find ranked frustrating at times, I hate getting killed due to lag and when you are the only American in a room full of Japanese players there is bound to be one. When it's running smoothly though it's amazing

Edit: going to play turf war, gaf join up with me if you want I hate playing randoms, or join SM239

Geg

Thanks for letting me ride the tower into enemy territory completely alone team, no need to provide any kind of backup, it's totally fine

Top Bottom