• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

atr0cious

To the gyro players : How do you hold the gamepad?

Nothing I tried seems to be the "right" way.

Use all 4 fingers at once. If you try to 2 finger the controller, you're gonna tire out from balancing it. Pointers on buttons, middle on triggers. Be sure to use the calibration button, Y, I use it constantly myself.

The RNG on the splatfest shirt is fucking terrible for me. This is now the second time where I haven't gotten a single thing the brand is supposed to get, and instead get special up stuff, every fucking time, even if I reroll.

WALKMAN04

haha yeah the thing is that once you controlled the middle with Daboss we had few options left, you guys are scary once positioned.
Yeah I couldn't break through whichever team had more e-liters, I'm sure if I was playing another weapon we would have stood a chance but roller on those two maps with them holding position was rough

Edit: don't know what is wrong with my connection, disconnected 3 straight times while everything is running smoothly just lost 10 points in a game of tower control where my team was destroying them in the first 30 seconds, we already had it at 5 left.

WALKMAN04

I don't think my connection is so good right now, people are teleporting, but they are Japanese so I don't know if it's me. That was a bad game by me Master AI, my fault

Robotguy

Use all 4 fingers at once. If you try to 2 finger the controller, you're gonna tire out from balancing it. Pointers on buttons, middle on triggers. Be sure to use the calibration button, Y, I use it constantly myself.

The RNG on the splatfest shirt is fucking terrible for me. This is now the second time where I haven't gotten a single thing the brand is supposed to get, and instead get special up stuff, every fucking time, even if I reroll.
I wouldn't bother rerolling the splatfest shirt. Better to reroll something you'll keep. Having the tiny advantage that good sub abilities brings you for splatfest is not worth it IMO.

ryechu

Do you know where you're going to hit before you jump? Do you just release the trigger at the apex of your jump? At least I don't think there's enough time to get a hit confirmation during the jump. Side to side is pretty important for close combat though. Even at +3 sensitivity it does require me jerking the gamepad pretty significantly.

On the end of the platform before jumping down? The snapshotting at that level I can't do, but walking up the closest catwalk ramp, checking the opposing catwalk ramp, then checking the ramp up is pretty standard charger opening on Bluefin Depot. I typically shoot the ends of ink trails as a charger, it's even more obvious if you glance at the map to see that there's no movement around the end. That's a dead giveaway. If the other person was smarter he would stay a bit further away from the end.

I play at +3 sensitivity and often I feel my hands are not steady enough for that sensitivity. I'm not sure if he's playing at high sensitivity or just being really smart with his right analog for snapshotting (there's no way to do 360 degree turn and shoot otherwise), but if he's playing at high sensitivity those are amazingly steady hands.

If your laser is blocked, you aim the transparent cursor at their feet. You dont need to see the hit confirmation crosshairs. If you set it up correctly itll hit them.

I wouldn't bother rerolling the splatfest shirt. Better to reroll something you'll keep. Having the tiny advantage that good sub abilities brings you for splatfest is not worth it IMO.

Agreed. Spyke eats 30k for breakfast. Not worth it for gear you're going to lose anyway.

Heng

To the gyro players : How do you hold the gamepad?

Nothing I tried seems to be the "right" way.
If you spend most of your time looking forward, hold the gamepad like you normally would and hit y. If you usually spend your time looking a little down, tilt your gamepad up slightly from where you normally hold it and hit y. If you spend time looking up most of the time, tilt it a little down and hit y.

Once you've gotten the right angle for your camera while holding it comfortably, don't hit y again unless your gyro fucks up. If you want to do a 360, just stick and motion control at the same time.

Totakeke

If your laser is blocked, you aim the transparent cursor at their feet. You dont need to see the hit confirmation crosshairs. If you set it up correctly itll hit them.

So you aim at their feet to account for the difference when you jump? Since your laser isn't actually pointing at them now, you're estimating the path of the laser then?

The number of splatgaf regulars seems fairly small to me, but gaf rooms can be pretty brutal sometimes.

I'd say SplatGAF is probably the strongest Nintendo multiplayer GAF honestly.

thanks I want to capture a video of a GAF room battle

https://youtu.be/-enrrJ4RR4E

not sure if I wanted to enter and just get slaughtered like MK8 or not lol

added my nnid to the list at the very bottom of the google docs

Azure J

I think when everyone was at the point of knowing how to run every track properly it was just a matter of luck.

better question, is Splatoon gaf as salty as MK8 gaf?

Definitely on par but I think KartGAF edges out here. At least we don't have S level griefers in SplatGAF games like Hypno and Heath. :lol

Geg

Maybe I've just been playing it wrong but races in MK8 just feel so random I never see the point in getting angry at it

Azure J

Well, we have Azure.

AwqIyHH.png

Same here
In general it's hard for me to get mad at video games

There are like one or two legitimate times where I'm "mad" at games but that's mostly because I'm the weird type of person that hates when I'm not giving my all or don't get to really show my aptitude. This is true about games and any other pursuits I'm passionate about in life.. Most times though, I'm just taking the piss out of a situation. Nothing works best to play up comedy like hyperbole on the net after all. :p

You guys will live long and happily.

I rage from time to time lol, but I rarely show it on Gaf. I don't rage in Splatoon much though.
J@hranimo smash!
AwqIyHH.png

There are like one or two legitimate times where I'm "mad" at games but that's mostly because I'm the weird type of person that hates when I'm not giving my all or don't get to really show my aptitude. This is true about games and any other pursuits I'm passionate about in life.. Most times though, I'm just taking the piss out of a situation. Nothing works best to play up comedy like hyperbole on the net after all. :p
It's all good dude! :)

Zing

Banned
I rememeber when I thought the inkbrush was terrible. Now it is one of my better weapons and I have fun with it.

Just two days ago I gave up on rapid blaster since it takes three near explosions to kill instead of one and is suicidal up close. I tried it again for a few hours and now I enjoy it and understand what to do. It's a great weapon for Moray and Arowana.

I'm liking the bubbler less on that map. It's basically just a way to escape or cut across the middle. Otherwise, you can't even move toward someone shooting you.

I still have fun with the 52 and inkwall, particularly on Bluefin.

Srsly these server issues -.-
Litteraly the second my team won, on the ending screen, my connection timed out. -10 instead of +12. Couldn't they at least try to not punish people for getting connection problem messages? >.<

What the fuck.

I'm A- 90

Ten seconds from winning the game and getting to A. Then I get a freaking communication error and get taken 10 points away?!? SerSeriously screw this.

Same lol

After so many years of competitive smash, I don't think there's any MP game that can make me mad at all :p
Back in 99 when smash came out two buddies of mine didn't speak to each other for a week. We were all 19 at the time lol
Litteraly the second my team won, on the ending screen, my connection timed out. -10 instead of +12. Couldn't they at least try to not punish people for getting connection problem messages? >.<
Yeah I had a bad time with the servers last night and this morning

What the fuck.

I'm A- 90

Ten seconds from winning the game and getting to A. Then I get a freaking communication error and get taken 10 points away?!? SerSeriously screw this.

You're not alone bro. I know dat feel ;)

Back in 99 when smash came out two buddies of mine didn't speak to each other for a week. We were all 19 at the time lol

Yeah I had a bad time with the servers last night and this morning

It's been insane the last few days in the evenings!

Lol... this made me laugh. Plus it seems like you're only a year older than me since I turned 18 in 99.

The game back then that made me and my friends yell at each other..... Madden. Probably because every game was a money bet. Plus the people watching placing side bets lol.

Doorman

Time to level up a bunch of crappy gear! Wheee...

...In retrospect I should probably go with a different weapon given it's Arowana and Moray up right now but I really feel like trying out the Custom Jr. for ink-spreading shenanigans.

Lol... this made me laugh. Plus it seems like you're only a year older than me since I turned 18 in 99.

The game back then that made me and my friends yell at each other..... Madden. Probably because every game was a money bet. Plus the people watching placing side bets lol.
Lol hey old man :)
Yeah madden was big in our circle. My friend who managed gamestop gave us our ps2 a day early and our copies of madden. We use to play every Saturday night after hanging out. I remember dropping 100 points on my friend in game lol

Robotguy

AwqIyHH.png

Just giving you a hard time man.

Same here
In general it's hard for me to get mad at video games
I was past getting mad at video games, but then I played splatoon with randoms.

What the fuck.

I'm A- 90

I guess I'm not playing ranked today. =/

Went to bed and missed this post but you're pretty good with the brush. I found myself kinda surprised at how often I lost head on versus your brushery in CQC. At the same time, I also wonder how you lost so often to me getting back or side slashes in. :lol

You were very good about getting to the main objectives on the map in the Saltspray matches, but I wondered why you always played distraction first (especially since the thin brush roll lines were a dead giveaway that a brush player was there) instead of coating the upper area so opposing teams couldn't get in immediately and you had more room to approach people with.

Sprinkler use was also on point though I imagine you don't play weapons with sprinklers often enough since there were some really tricky places you could leave them in Cash Dome to make everyone's day hell. (Also shoutouts to you being the non-ninja'd brush that ran in on enemy territory that one time leading to everyone aiming at you while I came in and smacked everything ever so we could both leave untouched. :lol)

All in all, good stuff but I def think you can be even better with it. ;)

Now I'd like to hear some stuff about the charger play I had last night. Upping the sensitivity has led to me getting some really snappy kills last night and I was honestly not expecting to land them, especially when trying to react to you in brush mode.

I'll edit this post to add my thoughts once I boot up my laptop.

Hmmm, bottom of the page. I'll add it to the next page.

Top Bottom