• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Wow lag in tower control is fuckin weird. The tower just kind of jerks forward rather than going smoothly

edit: ARGH B+ 98 why couldn't you have given me 14 points instead of 12

Azure J

That feel when you get your all time personal best and beat the winners of the opposing team by 500p as a loser. 1887p on Cash Dome. 2K seems so close now.

J@hranimo

Banned
...and then back to losing in ranked. Dammit, I can't keep doing this. Is B rank really just full of fairweather players? I keep getting teams that just aren't cutting it with me at the top of the team with most kills.

They're lucky this is the best way to get money.

Robotguy

Get out of here chargers, I just want to rek people from right in front of their face.

Trying to join off of you. Just gonna Aerospray it to level up this bloody Splatfest shirt.

Edit: I just got teabagged by a Japanese dude.

And sorry Robot, I'm apparently playing like super garbage.
NP.

Xeteh

Every other JPN person started a squidkid orgy for every KO gotten on our side. It was surreal. :lol

Paid them back in full the second round though.

Yeah, I've been returning the favor. Teabags have been super uncommon in Splatoon but my mind just exploded when a Japanese player did it. THE NERVE!

Geg

So far the only people who have squidkidded me left after one game because they were on the losing side, but I think if that happens to me I'll see if I get on their team and just throw the game by following them around and shooting at them the whole time

Ok these recent games have not been convincing demonstrations, I'll admit. I think it'll still come down to personal play style; for better or worse, I tend to forget about comboing Burst Bombs, but Splash Wall lets me help allies as well as myself.

Oops missed the map change money :(

Fred.dy what are you doing?
I friended him during the last splatfest! He was a cat guy that uses the Inkbrush and nearly turned around a 4v3 game against us dogs. I think he tends to mess around a bit though

Geg

God I'm still pissed about those tower control matches

How often does it happen with you guys where you or someone is riding the tower and making progress and the rest of the team does fucking nothing to defend it?

Xeteh

Why is Bluefin in every other fucking rotation. I hate that map so much.

How often does it happen with you guys where you or someone is riding the tower and making progress and the rest of the team does fucking nothing to defend it?

Every match? People seem to be more concerned with their K/D ratio than actually helping when it comes to Towers. It is super frustrating.

Nico_D

Too often. I don't know what they're doing back there when I'm driving the tower but for certainly they are not there with me. I understand that sometimes you can spawn at different times and someone can get there sooner than others but that doesn't explain the frequency this happens.

Azure J

At one point it was so bad that I just went Hulk cross Rambo and said I wasn't getting off that bitch even with 4 people all lined up to stomp me out. Hilariously enough, I actually rode it out in overtime. Easily the most sweating_man.jpg moment in all the time I played since I actually had to kill people myself and get around their vantage points. The team was just allergic to the tower it seemed.

Robotguy

Ok these recent games have not been convincing demonstrations, I'll admit. I think it'll still come down to personal play style; for better or worse, I tend to forget about comboing Burst Bombs, but Splash Wall lets me help allies as well as myself.

Oops missed the map change money :(

I friended him during the last splatfest! He was a cat guy that uses the Inkbrush and nearly turned around a 4v3 game against us dogs. I think he tends to mess around a bit though
My main objective tonight is to practice my bomb combos. First time trying it out.

Well, with ~30 points in one match I'd hope he's just messing around.

Geg

At one point it was so bad that I just went Hulk cross Rambo and said I wasn't getting off that bitch even with 4 people all lined up to stomp me out. Hilariously enough, I actually rode it out in overtime. Easily the most sweating_man.jpg moment in all the time I played since I actually had to kill people myself and get around their vantage points. The team was just allergic to the tower it seemed.
I miss back when tower control first came out, people actually seemed to be better at moving the tower forward back then

Well some people still are, it's just they're usually not on my team

I haven't done tower control or any ranked in a while, I should fix that soon.
Don't you're making a mistake

I miss back when tower control first came out, people actually seemed to be better at moving the tower forward back then

But it's fun to ride the Ice Cream Truck of Doom. =(

D: then I'll wait for splat zones!

Azure J

But it's fun to ride the Ice Cream Truck of Doom. =(

I have internalized the "no ice cream" line so much so that every time our team wins, I say it, especially when people on the other team put up a strong fight or that one person is trying to carry and we win anyway.

I know we had a little survey regarding what we thought of other people, but I'm curious what people think of anyone who uses any kind of bomb. Even after all of this time, there's still very few people who use them. The only ones I see that use them almost as much as I do are Ragnarok and Red. I think Red developed a bomb game in order to counter mine. Sendou also uses them, but not aggressively, not that he needs to. =P Same with Walkman from what I saw.

Now everyone is in a Burst Bomb frenzy, and it took a Carbon Roller to get them to see the light. Call me a hipster, but I saw how offensively useful they are once I unlocked the E-Liter, which was quick to unlock. Everyone is also appreciating the Vanilla Splattershot more because of them, which is a nice effect. I even saw (IIRC) Vecks using it and the bombs today.

So yeah, what do you guys think about GAF's other bomb users? I'm asking because I want to know who else uses them and at what proficiency they use them at.

Edit: Darn, near the bottom of the page. =(

Edit 2:
I'm getting so mch money doing ranked. I almsot forgot how much faster it is.

GGs earlier. Those sniper duels were fun, though those 2 corner shots on you were super lucky guesses on my part.

Suction, Splat bombs are a very common sight when I play with competent peeps. So are Seekers and ink mine. And yes, I've gotten owned by ink mines before. Feels bad man.

Not burst bombs though, or if I see them I never really feel threatened by them.

Non-burst bombs aren't weird at all though, when I play at least. Unless I'm stuck with level 8s who run right into my roller, of course...

Top Bottom