• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jintor

i need to practice drawing and was thinking of browsing some tokyo street fashion blogs and maybe drawing inklings in street fashion clothes

that might be cool

BKSmash

I've been on a hiatus from this game without any good reason for the last 40ish days now, three days ago I decided to start up the Splatoon maschine once again. For the last three days I've played AT LEAST 9 hours all together. Oh MAN! What a great game this is, addicting as hell! Tower defence is sick too, this game makes me so freaking frustrated sometimes tho lol. Just end up screaming at the screen :p

Suction, Splat bombs are a very common sight when I play with competent peeps. So are Seekers and ink mine. And yes, I've gotten owned by ink mines before. Feels bad man.

Not burst bombs though, or if I see them I never really feel threatened by them.

Non-burst bombs aren't weird at all though, when I play at least. Unless I'm stuck with level 8s who run right into my roller, of course...

I guess it's because I primarily play with people from GAF, but the only time I really see any bomb usage is when a bomb rush is used. Sure, a bomb or two might be thrown out, but they don't get used often.

I consider Ink Mines and Seekers as part of a different category of subs even though they're explosives.

H8 u azure

What did he do this time?

GeNoMe

Hey guys....so i'm actually thinking about picking up Splatoon.
The thing is, I have like zero friends on my Wii-U. I actually know nobody who has one.
Whats's the consensus about getting some people from GAF to play with?

Having no friends is really the only thing that's stopping me from getting this.
Im from the EU btw.

Azure J

The thing is, I have like zero friends on my Wii-U. I actually know nobody who has one.

Having no friends is really the only thing that's stopping me from getting this.
Im from the EU btw.

The GAF rooms are always active and there are a lot of people here to fill your list with. Best part is there's a good overlap between the other big Nintendo multiplayer games so getting folks here would mean you have Mario Kart 8 & Smash peeps if you're into those games.

Moonlight

Banned
Don't worry, it happens to everyone. Curious though, how did you get hit by those Killer Wails?

Comm error's telling me that I should go but I'm still up with energy to burn thanks to passing out midday.
Not a goddamn clue, lol. I think the first time I got sandwiched. Not sure how the second one happened.
EDIT: com erroring out at the very end sucks orz

Violet_0

Banned

Im from the EU btw.

my list is almost completely full and it's all SplatGaf. I think we have like twice the friend list limit number of players on the GAF friend code doc (I'm also EU)
if you add the most active players there's almost always going to be someone online
and if your connection speed is decent they might actually want to play with you too

GeNoMe

The GAF rooms are always active and there are a lot of people here to fill your list with. Best part is there's a good overlap between the other big Nintendo multiplayer games so getting folks here would mean you have Mario Kart 8 & Smash peeps if you're into those games.

my list is almost completely full and it's all SplatGaf. I think we have like twice the friend list limit number of players on the GAF friend code doc (I'm also EU)
if you add the most active players there's almost always going to be someone online
and if your connection speed is decent they might actually want to play with you too

Thanks for the heads up guys. I took the liberty to update the Googledoc with my NinID.
Guess I'll start adding some active players then. Will order my copy today :) Hope to see you guys online!

Jintor

okay jesus, tower is nuts fun. So vertical, so bloody huge, yet somehow not quite a sniper's paradise like you'd think.

Jintor

i do wish there was a way to vary my fall speed so i'm not instantly going to die to elitre snipers whenever I leap off a side

Demption

So i tried playing Splatoon during demo sessions and i wasnt able to play becouse of Nat type 3. Will it work now? Mario Kart 8 mp works just fine and everything else except Splatoon.

So i tried playing Splatoon during demo sessions and i wasnt able to play becouse of Nat type 3. Will it work now? Mario Kart 8 mp works just fine and everything else except Splatoon.

I don't know, but NAT Type 3 is basically your router blocking a lot of ports. Do you own your own router?

Dryk

Fuck me. Just fought .92 Gal Deco, Dynamo Roller, Gold Dynamo Roller, Krak-On Roller on Port Mackerel. It did not go well for us.

Dryk

Might have to invest in a .96 Gal Deco. I can't live without my Splash Wall but all these guys with .96s are using the range advantage really well.

Dryk

So something I've noticed since the .96 Deco came out is that a lot more people are using both it and the .52. I guess people have finally realised that the wall isn't something to snort at.

Moonlight

Banned
Internet is refusing to work. :(

N-ZAP is still GOAT weapon, btw. So fast, great range, decent spread. So great for pushing through enemy turf.

Azure J

I'm not gonna lie, you were kind of an easy target. :lol

Do you want me to get the Splatterscope?
Do you want me to get The Brush™?

Now then, to fix the post I made earlier:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hmopt.jpg

Tentatively calling this build the "I hope E-Liter Scope comes with bombs [preferably burst bombs] and can be used in grounded scout missions" build. It works for the vanilla Splatterscope as well because splat bombs/bomb rush is a thing, but I definitely jive better with the Kelp Splatterscope overall because sprinkler is life.

That said, for someone who has found moderate success with the Splatterscopes, what new things do I have to learn/be aware of when attempting to learn the E-Liter and/or all its variants? Also, any comments on this build?

Violet_0

Banned
the scope charger versions always come with the same weapon loadout

the ink savers won't do you much good I'm afraid, 3 Ink Saver (sub) mains are barely enough to get you a fifth bomb. In general, unless you really stack certain abillities you probably won't notice much of a difference

oh and here's a sorta funny video, Japanese player versus Japanese lag roller

Finalow

anyone still playing?

btw,
I can buy a 3 stars helmet with comeback for 50k. y or n? The shop doesn't want to give me any 3 stars yet.
-
wait you get more gold from ranked? Maybe I should start doing those.

Ulysses 31

anyone still playing?

btw,
I can buy a 3 stars helmet with comeback for 50k. y or n? The shop doesn't want to give me any 3 stars yet.
-

The Paintball Mask in the shop is 3 stars and has comeback as main. Costs 10000.

Rize_21

Do you want me to get the Splatterscope?
Do you want me to get The Brush™?

Now then, to fix the post I made earlier:

Tentatively calling this build the "I hope E-Liter Scope comes with bombs [preferably burst bombs] and can be used in grounded scout missions" build. It works for the vanilla Splatterscope as well because splat bombs/bomb rush is a thing, but I definitely jive better with the Kelp Splatterscope overall because sprinkler is life.

That said, for someone who has found moderate success with the Splatterscopes, what new things do I have to learn/be aware of when attempting to learn the E-Liter and/or all its variants? Also, any comments on this build?

Why do you have bomb range up ? I think it'd be preferable to go with some ink refill up for the E-liter ( the green krak-on converse have it as main skill iirc, I use the amiibo HS outfit personally ), it would you allow to be really dangerous on CQC, I learned it the hard way with Daboss and some japanese chargers doing this...
Not much to say as I'm in the novice category with the same E-liter, sorry :p.

Violet_0

Banned
anyone still playing?

btw,
-

I can play a couple of games if ya want, quote the post to reveal my NNID

ranked will usually earn you much more if you have a 50%+ win rate

Top Bottom