• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Finalow

The Paintball Mask in the shop is 3 stars and has comeback as main. Costs 10000.
yes that's the shop version, problem is that it's gonna take some time to unlock (also shop items are random yes?) since I'm still level 14.
but then again I guess it's not worth it.

I can play a couple of games if ya want, quote the post to reveal my NNID

ranked will usually earn you much more if you have a 50%+ win rate
k, adding now.

Ulysses 31

yes that's the shop version, problem is that it's gonna take some time to unlock (also shop items are random yes?) since I'm still level 14.
but then again I guess it's not worth it.

If you can find a player in your plaza wearing it with the stats you like you can order a copy from Spyke for the shop price I think.

Violet_0

Banned
lol Doc, I accidentally killed you a number of times there, ha that wasn't good aim just really bad luck on your part
lobby seems to be timing out

Yokai

Just bought this game. It's good so far, but the map rotation system is killing me. I feel like 3 maps at once would be more fun.

Also, everyone has way too many abilities. Not sure how I'm able to do as well as I am against people.

One question about the splatterscope, is it actually any good? The range seems too short compared to most sniper rifles in fps games and the charge seems to take too long.

Ulysses 31

Just bought this game. It's good so far, but the map rotation system is killing me. I feel like 3 maps at once would be more fun.

Also, everyone has way too many abilities. Not sure how I'm able to do as well as I am against people.

One question about the splatterscope, is it actually any good? The range seems too short compared to most sniper rifles in fps games and the charge seems to take too long.

I'd suggest doing some single player to get the hang of the controls and mechanics before jumping in Turf Wars/Ranked Battles.

Rize_21

lol Doc, I accidentally killed you a number of times there, ha that wasn't good aim just really bad luck on your part
lobby seems to be timing out

resetted the system, I'm waiting in the lobby for some more, thing is I feel that chargers have the opposite philosophy than the rollers, and I did deserve those splats, I tried more than once to reach you with the bombs instead of sniping from good range...

Does there happen to be any gear that has Bomb range up as the main ability and an affinity for special charge up? Trying to get a set up for splatomatic based around abusing the hell out of suction bombs and bomb rush.

Rize_21

dynamo roller needs more range imo

That's because you don't do the Rain dance properly :p you should only roll with it when you're rolling for the first time a corridor/ sides like port Mackerel or to roll someone who's around a block, at the moment we can considerate ourselves lucky you're still learning that beast.

But I totally agree, the dynamo roller lacks range with its splash, here's hoping a nicely crafted dynamo by AmmoKnights for Splat2n with seekers/bombs rush, naturally.

The abilities on clothes are only small upgrades, unless it's permanent changes like ninja squid(enemies can't spot you when squid), or going all out with 1 ability(going for Max power up for example).

It's when the abilities are tailored to a certain build that they become the most usefull. Making your shots kill in 2 instead or 3, or likewise withstand that extra shot for better survival, abilities to get the best use out of your sub and special. That kind of build is defintely a difference in just random abilities here and there.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u8of4.jpg

My long range ninja set up

Zing

Banned
No offense, but that feels like how half the players during the first week looked. Everyone with the ugly blue boots, the white shirt, and that damn camo hat. Haha.

Thank goodness the 2 star ink resistance shoes look good. Even the neon sea slugs are cool. When I first bought the blue moto boots, I thought the developers specifically made them look so bad to counter the power of their ability.

To be honest, I don't find myself in situations where ink resistance would help, except when using inkbrush. The brush lays ink in front of your feet (similar to a roller) so if someone is shooting at you when you try to run away, you can get caught in enemy ink.

Violet_0

Banned
That's because you don't do the Rain dance properly :p you should only roll with it when you're rolling for the first time a corridor/ sides like port Mackerel or to roll someone who's around a block, at the moment we can considerate ourselves lucky you're still learning that beast.

But I totally agree, the dynamo roller lacks range with its splash, here's hoping a nicely crafted dynamo by AmmoKnights for Splat2n with seekers/bombs rush, naturally.

oh I'm mainly just annoyed that I can't do anything about those damn chargers. The range of the weapon is actually fine, heh

I don't usually use the roll mode, just to cover some ground or in really close melee situation

last game for me, Finalow

No offense, but that feels like how half the players during the first week looked. Everyone with the ugly blue boots, the white shirt, and that damn camo hat. Haha.

Thank goodness the 2 star ink resistance shoes look good. Even the neon sea slugs are cool. When I first bought the blue moto boots, I thought the developers specifically made them look so bad to counter the power of their ability.

To be honest, I don't find myself in situations where ink resistance would help, except when using inkbrush. The brush lays ink in front of your feet (similar to a roller) so if someone is shooting at you when you try to run away, you can get caught in enemy ink.
With how slow they run with the pro the ink resistance and walk speed helps on those boots. I already have the other ink resistance shoes and use them with my other guns
gyowDup.jpg

I honestly don't care about looks but what works best for me

Rize_21

oh I'm mainly just annoyed that I can't do anything about those damn chargers. The range of the weapon is actually fine, heh

I don't usually use the roll mode, just to cover some ground or in really close melee situation

last game for me, Finalow

Could only tell when you splatted me though :p, chargers are a nightmare, especially in the games we were, it was way too laggy, that said your bomb throws were annoying, if you can reach them without problem, you'll get them easily once they jump off, although it's a lot of efforts to make :/.

Next Splatfest theme for Europe: 'Complete loss of friends and family caused by your crippling Splatoon addiction' Vs 'You will only stop playing Splatoon when your electricity is shut off due to your crushing debt and lack of income'

Zing

Banned
As someone who has poor aim, the blaster seems to require more precise aim than most weapons.

Just played a match against a kraken roller who could OHKO me from long range. Not sure how.

Jintor

Annoying as fuck lol. Requires zero aim for the blaster since the blast just chases you anyway.

well yeah it's to punish corner ambushers without the warning sign of a bomb. it can't one-shot around corners anyway

besides you can punish easily by moving inside range too fast for them to track you properly, since the blaster pellet doesn't explode on surface contact

well yeah it's to punish corner ambushers without the warning sign of a bomb. it can't one-shot around corners anyway

My only problem is with the Luna blaster in this situation because you don't have enough time to react when the second shot has already been fired by the time you register that you've been hit and need to move.

Zing

Banned
I'm not even going to bother trying. This team is awful. One guy is just walking everywhere and looking around.

We need more gaf players in here asap.

What the hell? Hahahaha.

I was literally idle half the match and still had top score.

ryechu

I'm not even going to bother trying. This team is awful. One guy is just walking everywhere and looking around.

We need more gaf players in here asap.

What the hell? Hahahaha.

I was literally idle half the match and still had top score.

that aerospray user literally shoot walks blindly into every situation. I an toss a grenade at his feet and 85% of the time he just dies.
Even whne hes jumping down it looks like hes jsut afk shooting, he doesnt jump as a squid.

Top Bottom