• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Something tells me that the more unique weapons, like the H-3 Nozzlenose, octobrush and bamboozler, will come out first.
Then the variants like the Neo-matics, N-Zap '89, and scoped E-liters, will come out later.

If that's the case, then the wait for the N-Zap '89 will be a while. =/

Something tells me that the more unique weapons, like the H-3 Nozzlenose, octobrush and bamboozler, will come out first.
Then the variants like the Neo-matics, N-Zap '89, and scoped E-liters, will come out later.

If that's the case, then the wait for the N-Zap '89 will be a while. =/
I can't any more for the nzap 89 need it now! Lol
I want to be captain n

Zing

Banned
We had that one easy, but then one guy got into our side and all three other teammates went after him for some reason.

Zing

Banned
Who was the dork super jumping to the center? Haha.

I wonder if swim speed is more useful than run speed for rapid blaster?

ryechu

i love it when my teammate roller stands in front of me flicking when we are fighting someone like charger distance away.

Robotguy

I know we had a little survey regarding what we thought of other people, but I'm curious what people think of anyone who uses any kind of bomb. Even after all of this time, there's still very few people who use them. The only ones I see that use them almost as much as I do are Ragnarok and Red. I think Red developed a bomb game in order to counter mine. Sendou also uses them, but not aggressively, not that he needs to. =P Same with Walkman from what I saw.

Now everyone is in a Burst Bomb frenzy, and it took a Carbon Roller to get them to see the light. Call me a hipster, but I saw how offensively useful they are once I unlocked the E-Liter, which was quick to unlock. Everyone is also appreciating the Vanilla Splattershot more because of them, which is a nice effect. I even saw (IIRC) Vecks using it and the bombs today.

So yeah, what do you guys think about GAF's other bomb users? I'm asking because I want to know who else uses them and at what proficiency they use them at.

Edit: Darn, near the bottom of the page. =(

Edit 2:

GGs earlier. Those sniper duels were fun, though those 2 corner shots on you were super lucky guesses on my part.
I'm trying to improve my burst bomb game with Custom Jet Squelcher at the moment.
I use splat bombs when I'm playing dual squelcher, but mostly just to try and flush people out of cover or to force chargers out of position.

ryechu

i really hope they give us a new weapon tomorrow before splatfest. Not a fan of splatfest delaying the 2 updates a week schedule.

I mainly use bombs to fight enemies behind walls, or at very different heights than I am. I'm not so good at comboing shots together with Burst Bombs, but I definitely rely on them more when I use the Carbon Roller. With the Custom Jet Squelcher, I want to maintain my distance, so closing in with BBs doesn't come to mind often. With the Tentatek Splattershot I mainly use the Suction Bombs to try and build up meter faster or pincer enemies, including the uses I mentioned earlier.

@Robotguy: So does the 1 shot 1 bomb KO for CJS require Damage Ups? If so how many? I thought that was a natural combo for the CJS and the normal Splattershot, just that I couldn't pull it off consistently.

StAidan

So, what kind of strategies do you guys use to break back into the middle of Urchin Underpass when you're zoned out by snipers on both sides? I see this situation occasionally in randoms but I'm mostly thinking of my splatgaf games last night. Felt like my options were limited with the Dual Squelcher, but no one else on my team was having much luck either.

Robotguy

I mainly use bombs to fight enemies behind walls, or at very different heights than I am. I'm not so good at comboing shots together with Burst Bombs, but I definitely rely on them more when I use the Carbon Roller. With the Custom Jet Squelcher, I want to maintain my distance, so closing in with BBs doesn't come to mind often. With the Tentatek Splattershot I mainly use the Suction Bombs to try and build up meter faster or pincer enemies, including the uses I mentioned earlier.

@Robotguy: So does the 1 shot 1 bomb KO for CJS require Damage Ups? If so how many? I thought that was a natural combo for the CJS and the normal Splattershot, just that I couldn't pull it off consistently.
I was using 2 dmg up mains with CJS. This gets me 103 DMG on the test range. Doesn't take much defense up to turn that to one bomb 2 shots though, less than 1 main I think.

I haven't tried it with splattershot, so I don't know if it requires DMG up or not.

Edit: The burst bomb play I was working on was mostly to make myself more dangerous when people manage to get close to me and I can't range them out. Last night I was playing closer than normal a lot of the time specifically to practice bomb comboing. It's not really representative of how I intend to play.

Totakeke

Is extra power any good for e-liters? What are the best attributes in general for e-liters?

Damage up has the most significant effect for e-liter because their base damage is the highest. Generally true for all abilities, the better the base, the more useful % increases are, like run speed with Nozzlenose. Any other ability is debatable for e-liter.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Damage up has the most significant effect for e-liter because their base damage is the highest. Generally true for all abilities, the better the base, the more useful % increases are, like run speed with Nozzlenose. Any other ability is debatable for e-liter.

Interesting! What's the best place to read up on how stats work?

Robotguy

So, what kind of strategies do you guys use to break back into the middle of Urchin Underpass when you're zoned out by snipers on both sides? I see this situation occasionally in randoms but I'm mostly thinking of my splatgaf games last night. Felt like my options were limited with the Dual Squelcher, but no one else on my team was having much luck either.
Unfortunately I don't really have a good answer for this. I feel like Urchin Underpass is one of the hardest maps to retake the center on if the other team goes into defensive mode.

Jims

I feel like this is one of the tougher chokepoints to break through when you're losing, so it's going to be difficult no matter what your setup is. Especially depending on the skill of the two snipers in your example. If they are theoretically playing "perfectly," then obviously a lot of this discussion is moot. But for your example, I'll just assume good snipers who can pick you off regularly, but occasionally loses you if you're tricky.

Dual Squelcher, I've found there is very little you can do in this situation, other than continue to paint repeatedly over the hill, build special, and give your teammates an Echolocator. Just your presence, continually firing toward them, is good for keeping the enemy temporarily busy. Sometimes the Echolocator gives your teammates the chance to take out the ground soldiers, sometimes the opportunity is wasted. If you do start getting a decent push going, it's probably your job to try to get the near sniper if you can.

If you have Inkzooka, you can wait to build up special and then poke over the hill to surprise attack the sniper at your team's perch. You could go down the hallway and try to get him with the Inkzooka, depending on if he's doing hallway patrol or pressuring from the perch. The first Inkzooka shot is obviously the most important one, so make sure you aim extra carefully to get that guy.

Waiting for Bubbler or Kraken is a decent strategy. I've seen some rounds turned around by a miracle Kraken splat read that creates a lot of temporary chaos. You're going to have to get rid of one of the snipers in the chaos, and find cover from the other one, however.

.96 Gal, sometimes you can just fire mindlessly over the hill and pick off a couple ground soldiers who aren't being careful. Same with Seekers.

Splash Wall has a couple options, either approaching in the sniper hallway or standing on top of the little hill at the entrance and trying to create a zone. Sprinkler is okay for a temporary distraction, but not that great for this scenario in my experience. The other team is usually organized enough to get rid of it quickly.

I don't usually like the other entrance (the dropdown one) because you're so exposed and alone in the other team's ink, and the other sniper can see you come down. If you're Bubbler'ing, it could be a good approach if you want to pincer the people guarding the entrance, however.

Those are some of my experiences. They often don't work, but it can be turned around. I think the real key is just being patient, not rushing into a lot of dumb deaths over that hill, and waiting for you and your teammates' specials to build up. Sometimes the other team will get a little too greedy and end up getting splatted themselves, so they could create openings for you on their own. You're often just waiting for one random kill or special to get an attempt going.

EDIT: Wow, I wrote more than I expected to.

Geg

A couple of days ago I played a match like that on urchin underpass, where Goya and Azure were both chargers on the other team. I was using the custom dual squelcher and managed to use the killer wail to take out one of them, then jumped down and splatted the other with normal gunfire.

It didn't work so well the second time I tried though, when I went back in later that match they both were aiming right at me and and shot me at the same time lol

StAidan

EDIT: Wow, I wrote more than I expected to.

Good suggestions though, so thanks for that. I guess the bottom line is that my special (echolocator) isn't best suited to the situation. I don't really play anything with the bubbler or kraken, but the inkzooka seems like a good alternative. Come to think of it, I've nailed Underpass snipers before that way.

A couple of days ago I played a match like that on urchin underpass, where Goya and Azure were both chargers on the other team. I was using the custom dual squelcher and managed to use the killer wail to take out one of them, then jumped down and splatted the other with normal gunfire.

It didn't work so well the second time I tried though, when I went back in later that match they both were aiming right at me and and shot me at the same time lol

I like the killer wail idea too, and it wouldn't require me to sacrifice my favorite weapon. Of course, Kelp Dome was in rotation at the same time and I find the echolocator to be pretty indispensable on that map.

It's all about the loadout...

Top Bottom