• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Finalow

Damage up has the most significant effect for e-liter because their base damage is the highest. Generally true for all abilities, the better the base, the more useful % increases are, like run speed with Nozzlenose. Any other ability is debatable for e-liter.
uh? You have more run speed than normal with Nozzlenose?

Geg

Good suggestions though, so thanks for that. I guess the bottom line is that my special (echolocator) isn't best suited to the situation. I don't really play anything with the bubbler or kraken, but the inkzooka seems like a good alternative. Come to think of it, I've nailed Underpass snipers before that way.

I like the killer wail idea too, and it wouldn't require me to sacrifice my favorite weapon. Of course, Kelp Dome was in rotation at the same time and I find the echolocator to be pretty indispensable on that map.

It's all about the loadout...

Yeah the killer wail isn't always the most reliable option because it largely depends on the enemy's position and whether or not there's anything blocking them from escaping the attack

Heng

Just bought this game. It's good so far, but the map rotation system is killing me. I feel like 3 maps at once would be more fun.

Also, everyone has way too many abilities. Not sure how I'm able to do as well as I am against people.

One question about the splatterscope, is it actually any good? The range seems too short compared to most sniper rifles in fps games and the charge seems to take too long.
Splatterscope is actually a great weapon, and it has a pretty fast charge speed compared to other chargers. I don't think this weapon is good for new players who are trying to learn chargers though, I'd recommend trying the Squiffer. The range is really short though, but it has a fast charge time. You have to be smart and approach your enemies when they don't notice you.

Here's a video on splatterscope, it reminds me of quick scoping but not exactly.
https://youtu.be/ZNETF5r7AgQ

I know we had a little survey regarding what we thought of other people, but I'm curious what people think of anyone who uses any kind of bomb. Even after all of this time, there's still very few people who use them. The only ones I see that use them almost as much as I do are Ragnarok and Red. I think Red developed a bomb game in order to counter mine. Sendou also uses them, but not aggressively, not that he needs to. =P Same with Walkman from what I saw.

Now everyone is in a Burst Bomb frenzy, and it took a Carbon Roller to get them to see the light. Call me a hipster, but I saw how offensively useful they are once I unlocked the E-Liter, which was quick to unlock. Everyone is also appreciating the Vanilla Splattershot more because of them, which is a nice effect. I even saw (IIRC) Vecks using it and the bombs today.

So yeah, what do you guys think about GAF's other bomb users? I'm asking because I want to know who else uses them and at what proficiency they use them at.

Edit: Darn, near the bottom of the page. =(

Edit 2:

GGs earlier. Those sniper duels were fun, though those 2 corner shots on you were super lucky guesses on my part.
I think I use my bombs as much as you do. :/

oh you should definitely use those bombs more often, Heng. In fact, just forget about that whole sniping part
D:

Violet_0

Banned
So, what kind of strategies do you guys use to break back into the middle of Urchin Underpass when you're zoned out by snipers on both sides? I see this situation occasionally in randoms but I'm mostly thinking of my splatgaf games last night. Felt like my options were limited with the Dual Squelcher, but no one else on my team was having much luck either.

you pretty much needs specials (especially inkzooka), a coordinated team push or some of the enemy team members being cocky and dying on your side of the map (most likely scenario) to get into mid against a charger who is having a good game

Is damage up any good for e-liters? What are the best attributes in general for e-liters?

that Japanese elite sniper from the video that was posted yesterday didn't use any Damage Up I think, but in general Damage Up on chargers are more effective the longer it takes to charge the weapon

oh you should definitely use those bombs more often, Heng. In fact, just forget about that whole sniping part

DaBoss

There is. It's easy to see when the enemy is around a corner or on other side of wall/box.
There isn't. There is only a "your cursor is on the target" marker, but no actual hit marker. The only way to know if you hit someone is with the audio cue.

Splatoon's x mark thing is what is normally used in other shooters to indicate you hit an opponent. Though Splatoon's use is very useful since the bullets don't fly straight, but I would still like a visual hit marker.

Geg

Mario vs Luigi reminds me, the last Japanese splatfest colors were red and green, but what color did the red team paint with since there's no red ink?

Violet_0

Banned
So you can learn to use it, I do it all the time it's not so bad.

And I thought violet lag with chargers was bad lol, Dynamo is on another level

well I got a comm error anyway, but honestly I didn't get that many delay kills. I guess the ink from the flick doesn't show up correctly

WALKMAN04

Did we all get disconnected ...?
Yes there were 3 of us left
well I got a comm error anyway, but honestly I didn't get that many delay kills. I guess the ink from the flick doesn't show up correctly
Maybe not on your end but you have killed me through the middle tower on skatepark and one shotted me twice at the edge of the dynamos range. I don't really mind since its all for fun anyway.

phanphare

Banned
Pepsi vs coca cola would be the ultimate splatfest

f28abfc9-6cd9-217b-8bc7-fd48dd3621a9_mm714-21.jpg

JCX

Really do not like Tower Control. Matches almost never end with someone getting it all the way to the other side, it's just a frustrating tug of war. Hope the other ranked mode are better.

WALKMAN04

Really do not like Tower Control. Matches almost never end with someone getting it all the way to the other side, it's just a frustrating tug of war. Hope the other ranked mode are better.
You don't like close matches?

Edit: that game was lagging pretty bad for me

Splatterscope is actually a great weapon, and it has a pretty fast charge speed compared to other chargers. I don't think this weapon is good for new players who are trying to learn chargers though, I'd recommend trying the Squiffer. The range is really short though, but it has a fast charge time. You have to be smart and approach your enemies when they don't notice you.

Here's a video on splatterscope, it reminds me of quick scoping but not exactly.
https://youtu.be/ZNETF5r7AgQ

I think I use my bombs as much as you do. :/

D:

I knew I forgot someone, though I might rely on bombs more than you, especially if that video is your typical game. Speaking of, I like the way you move in that video.

Y'know, I'm still finding more success with the non-scoped Chargers. I had a really good run yesterday overall, even landing some great snap shots. I might try the scope again today, but the non-scoped version might be my style.

Also, lol Violet. I was laughing for a good 20 seconds at that comment.

OryoN

Just came off a ridiculous losing streak. Down to C+ now and STILL losing. Would probably had long fling this controller across the room had not for the screen and the hassle trying to replace one. When I'm on a winning streak, it's always at the time where I have to limit my play time due to work in the morning.

Moonlight

Banned
I know I've underestimated the potential of the Brush, but god. I can't think of anything worse for your team's chances of winning (short of a beginning of round disconnect) than a bad Brush user.

WALKMAN04

Oh, I wasn't in a room yet.
No I meant like for the past 2 days whenever I look through my friends list you aren't there then I join a match through someone else and then your in it, but as I'm writing this your name is there so I guess it fixed itself again. Joining up with you now

Top Bottom