• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

NotLiquid

Kelp Dome is interesting in Tower Control.

You can be attacked from everywhere (including above you) and the final stretch is really tense.

I really hate that Tower Defense is forced on you in ranked. It's stupid to add a mode only to take another away.

Nintendo needs to fix this asap.

SeanR1221

New game mode is fun but GOD DAMN does it show why voice chat is needed.

An unorganized team means you can lose in less than a minute easily.

NotLiquid

I've kind of noticed a trend in Tower Control.

A lot of teams that have incredible offense from the start kind of suck at defending their own half of the map. People just rush straight for the tower without working around it.

Sendou

It's pretty amazing to think that if you play with GAF you're not far off from playing with the world's best players. I think the general skill some of you guys have in this game is insane. Across board I doubt there's another community that can surpass GAF.

It's pretty amazing to think that if you play with GAF you're not far off from playing with the world's best players. I think the general skill some of you guys have in this game is insane. Across board I doubt there's another community that can surpass GAF.

Is there a gaf group? I want to join

Sendou

Just look up some of the frequent posters on this thread and add them to your friends. Then just join them whenever they're playing. Around this time it's not uncommon to have a full GAF room of 8. Feel free to add me although I'm not going to be playing much after this week: Sendou.

Btw I want to have a GAF vs Reddit or GAF vs Squidboards matches when the August update comes about.

J@hranimo

Banned
I just browse. The community there looks like smashboards but significantly worse, which isn't really worth contributing to lol

Heh I figured. I haven't been there much lately but I browsed during the first week or so and saw people were trying so hard to find "techs", which weren't really techs, there were just using ZL and A in different ways which seemed like faster movement lol.

Sendou

Heh I figured. I haven't been there much lately but I browsed during the first week or so and saw people were trying so hard to find "techs", which weren't really techs, there were just using ZL and A in different ways which seemed like faster movement lol.

Good old times when people were so knowledgeable about the game after less than 3 hours of play. Squidhopping and Roller are OP!

Robotguy

You can add me, I'm in the spreadsheet on the first page. But as others have said the best way to get in gaf rooms is to add the most active people in this thread.

We Are
SplatGAF
, For We Are Many.

Is anyone here active on Squidboards?
I lurk Squidboards. The community has some useful info, but I have no particular intention of joining.

Grakl

Says the Rank A+ 99
Lol

There are no rewards for rank (which makes no sense to me), so I figure rank is just for bragging rights and playing sorta better people, which is meh

Dunno why you can't get gun reskins or something for hitting certain ranks, would give ranked more purpose

Lucario

relevant to title

tumblr_nqv30z0jqy1rkrn29o1_1280.png

source: http://3drod.tumblr.com/post/123038839890/the-freshest-around

Violet_0

Banned
charger on Kelp Dome Tower Control is legit. Not sure what to do on Saltspray when the tower moves away from the middle

J@hranimo

Banned
Good old times when people were so knowledgeable about the game after less than 3 hours of play. Squidhopping and Roller are OP!

It feels just like yesterday. Like literally, one month feels like yesterday o.o

You can add me, I'm in the spreadsheet on the first page. But as others have said the best way to get in gaf rooms is to add the most active people in this thread.

I lurk Squidboards. The community has some useful info, but I have no particular intention of joining.

I don't think I'll ever post haha.

Rize_21

Splatoon is too lag friendly for a deathmatch mode, I'll pass, and nope, not salty at all with tower mode.

e: using seekers is so good in this.

Splat Zones can suck it. I'm way more consistent in Tower Control than I've ever been in splat zones.

There's just a lot less "zzzz inkstrike the zone" or "get 10 points and then hold for 5 mins".
It never turns into a stalemate of people shooting the zone and whoever has the most rapid fire gun wins.

Lots of comebacks and it gives the strongest sense of "You dun good" when you ride it into the goal.

It's not about the "best" team, its about the most consistent team.

Geg

It feels just like yesterday. Like literally, one month feels like yesterday o.o

Even longer, people were saying that after the first global testfire lol

Lots of comebacks and it gives the strongest sense of "You dun good" when you ride it into the goal.

Being the one standing on the tower at the end of a knockout victory is the best feeling. The absolute best

Robotguy

Just look up some of the frequent posters on this thread and add them to your friends. Then just join them whenever they're playing. Around this time it's not uncommon to have a full GAF room of 8. Feel free to add me although I'm not going to be playing much after this week: Sendou.

Btw I want to have a GAF vs Reddit or GAF vs Squidboards matches when the August update comes about.
I'm down.

Gizuko

I want to play TC, but I made it to A- and now I'm too scared to join.

My last match in a room full of A+ scarred me for life.

Edit: I was the only B+ there.

Top Bottom