• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Deadman

I guess its just because im only C rank but people seem terrible at this new mode. 7 wins in a row, all games lasting under a minute.

woopWOOP

Oh man, community already? Month just flew on by.

I'm still ocassionally playing btw, tho I'm on a different low-level account for me to get accustomed to the charger and gyro controls with other low level players (and not screwing up balance in potential GAF rooms). Game keeps placing me in whole lvl 20 rooms for some reason tho...

Violet_0

Banned
so ranked is impossible when every kill registers seconds later and the tower still keeps moving, I might just take a break for next few weeks

Leiru

I just noticed that splatzones is not available. I REALLY hope they're not seriosly planning to have only two modes at a time. only having two maps every four hours is already bad enough.

Just rewatched the E3 2014 reveal trailer. It showed gaining points when splatting enemies. I'm kinda glad they dropped it, would have changed the playstyle a lot.

phanphare

Banned
those inkable pipes next to the elevators on saltspray weren't always there, were they?

oh and tower control on saltspray is fucking madness

Mega

Banned
I want to play TC, but I made it to A- and now I'm too scared to join.

My last match in a room full of A+ scarred me for life.

Edit: I was the only B+ there.

Most A+ peeps are nothing special. Just dive in and worry about individual players, not their visible rank.

Edit: Pipes were always there if you mean the usual ones. I was surprised first week I saw someone using them.

Malus

4100 points for a win. Dat A rank :').

Emphasis on close range is really tilting things in my favor. Thought snipers would be great in this mode but the pole lessens their impact significantly.

ryechu

4100 points for a win. Dat A rank :').

Emphasis on close range is really tilting things in my favor. Thought snipers would be great in this mode but the pole lessens their impact significantly.

Snipers ARE great in this mode.

Xeteh

Even after just 10-20 matches on TC, i feel burned out on the mode already. Still find GAF Turf War the most fun so far. In the long run at least.

I haven't played much TC yet but I'm with you, TW is what I always come back to. Even if the other modes weren't ranked TW is so much mindless fun.

phanphare

Banned
really? these pipes have always been there?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01utxc8.jpg

what the hell game have I been playing all this time lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally played some Tower Control. Really enjoyed it (mostly because I ended up on winning teams) and finally moved up from B- to B.

.52 Gal was my weapon on choice.

Gizuko

Most A+ peeps are nothing special. Just dive in and worry about individual players, not their visible rank.

Edit: Pipes were always there if you mean the usual ones. I was surprised first week I saw someone using them.

So it seems, it definitely is harder, but I'm not getting trashed. Need to get the whole ranking out of my head.

lol super jumping ftw. 1 point away from a KO, everybody splatted but 1 guy in the middle of a super jump. The other team didn't bother to hop on so as soon as he landed we won.

Azure J

Just look up some of the frequent posters on this thread and add them to your friends. Then just join them whenever they're playing. Around this time it's not uncommon to have a full GAF room of 8. Feel free to add me although I'm not going to be playing much after this week: Sendou.

Btw I want to have a GAF vs Reddit or GAF vs Squidboards matches when the August update comes about.

I was already talking to Warchamp in his stream about how GAF crew dabes but let's make it official. >:D

Top Bottom