• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

it's just the worst. And by the time I get this fixed and can be a bit more active again, everyone is probably way better than me
Everybody is already way better than you
But seriously I'm going to laugh when you finally get a better connection and you can't hit shit without the lag

Grakl

I don't ever want to see someone named "dad" on my team again

Or any of those players tbh lmao

Gonna go get my bonus

Sendou

I don't ever want to see someone named "dad" on my team again

Or any of those players tbh lmao

I was just thinking how clever it would be to use a name like that as a cover up to make enemies not take you seriously then destroy them.

WALKMAN04

When I'm not lagging my kill count doubles and my splatted count halves.
I actually believe you, from my experience you lag and move for me in slow motion making it easier to kill you so it probably happens to others. Violet's lag is a little different from yours from my experience he doesn't move in slow motion his ink sometimes just doesn't show up or he kills you after you already killed him.
I was just thinking how clever it would be to use a name like that as a cover up to make enemies not take you seriously then destroy them.
I always thought that it would be clever to change my mii name to one of yours and play terribly to ruin your name lol.

Azure J

And then I exact holy vengeance on the other team (same config, go figure) with hunt for dumbass rollers and blasters. 100-0. Hold that shit net randoms!

The Boat

First time playing since the update, can't connect for shit. Never had a single problem, now I can't even get a match. Anyone else having problems?
Edit: seems to be OK now.

Azure J

I have witnessed the epitome of lame shit someone can do to another in this mode. Set up a 96gal and Jet Squelch user in the middle of Walleye to wall the other team while keeping Beakons on the Ice Cream truck to warp to and start moving.

Also FUCK stupid teammates seriously.

Violet_0

Banned
Everybody is already way better than you
But seriously I'm going to laugh when you finally get a better connection and you can't hit shit without the lag

well damn
the lag doesn't really affect my aim, just the position of the opponent players. Tbh I gladly trade corner kills for the ability to react to enemy fire and no more Splattershot Jr. with Jet Squelcher range. Playing with a laggy connection is just incredibly frustrating

WALKMAN04

well damn
the lag doesn't really affect my aim, just the position of the opponent players. Tbh I gladly trade corner kills for the ability to react to enemy fire and no more Splattershot Jr. with Jet Squelcher range. Playing with a laggy connection is just incredibly frustrating
Personally I never mind playing with you because it's usually us both killing each other, but it will be nice to finally have you back playing with us. How much longer until you upgrade your connection, you said middle of July if I remember correctly.

fred

Aw bum, TeeFury rejected my Splatoon t-shirt design. :eek:(

I did it without shading because I prefer the simple look. Will add some shading to it and submit it again. Miserable buggers lol

Azure J

Yeah, not a fan of Blackbelly. Going from 1 (us)-100 (them) to 1-0 because someone fucked me over specifically isn't fun.

Meanwhile, yay another 0-100 as I 8-0 the other team.

When I'm not lagging my kill count doubles and my splatted count halves.

Yeah, I was making fun of you all the time but when I was having network issues the lag was making it easier for people to splat me and harder for me to splat them because I was always a step behind. Lag is only beneficial if you're the host or closer to the servers really.

Edit: Actually thinking about it more it depends on the direction the lag is happening. If the lag is on DL then you'll be behind everyone and life will be pretty hard but if the lag is on UL then your position will always be behind for everyone else and act like a shield.

Azure J

HOLD MY FUCKING DICK SPLATOONVERSE

JUST MADE A COMEBACK WITH TWO FUCKING DISCONNECTS ON MY TEAM

NEVER. GIVE. UP.

Violet_0

Banned
Personally I never mind playing with you because it's usually us both killing each other, but it will be nice to finally have you back playing with us. How much longer until you upgrade your connection, you said middle of July if I remember correctly.

end of the month maybe, or roughly at around the time of the August update

Fandangox

I am trying to join someone here, but instead of taking me to the waiting screen it gives me an error saying the session is full.

HOLD MY FUCKING DICK SPLATOONVERSE

JUST MADE A COMEBACK WITH TWO FUCKING DISCONNECTS ON MY TEAM

NEVER. GIVE. UP.
You make this OT very entertaining. =D

What sens do you all use with the gyro?

Just 0. It's probably why I tend to whiff my Charger shots. Played at +2 Charger and it made life miserable. I might drop to -2. Dunno yet.

Just look up some of the frequent posters on this thread and add them to your friends. Then just join them whenever they're playing. Around this time it's not uncommon to have a full GAF room of 8. Feel free to add me although I'm not going to be playing much after this week: Sendou.

Btw I want to have a GAF vs Reddit or GAF vs Squidboards matches when the August update comes about.

That would be fun. =D

Jackano

What a horrible session. Online/matchmaking/lag related.

- I hate when you get into the lobbies and "you will join the next game. Starts in 2:50"
- Said 2'50 crashed when 20 seconds left. 2'30 wasted.
- Return to the hall, find a lobby (much more quickly), game starts, connection lost and crashed after one minute. 1'00 wasted. I also hate when the game lose connection after 2 mins+. Better crash quick.
- Return to the hall, play a couple games (finally), then wait for the 8th opponent. 8th guy arrive. Nothing, still waiting in the lobby with the 7 other guys One quit (how? I want to quit too!). Another 8th arrive. Nothing. Another one quit (still, how??). Another 8th arrive (welcome, you'll enjoy this buggy lobby mate). Nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing... That's the first time I see the 200s counter running out. Kicked back to the hall. Powering off Wii U :/

Also, what those japanese players are doing? It's midnight in Europe, must be Friday 6 or 7AM in Japan. And there is plenty of JP players, everyday! What are they doing? Playing in the morning while having breakfast?

Played my first ranked matches ever. Tower Control is amazing :')

But GAF Turf War matches are still more tense. Going to join for some games!

I actually believe you, from my experience you lag and move for me in slow motion making it easier to kill you so it probably happens to others. Violet's lag is a little different from yours from my experience he doesn't move in slow motion his ink sometimes just doesn't show up or he kills you after you already killed him.
Well you haven't really played with me much I believe. The most recent day I played you my net had pretty much exploded and my FPS had dropped to like sub-30 and I was getting comm errors up the ass. lol. I usually don't lag *that* badly when I'm lagging. Usually it's more like I trade with everybody and their mom and "that aerospray only got one drop on me WTF is this shit?"
Edit: Actually thinking about it more it depends on the direction the lag is happening. If the lag is on DL then you'll be behind everyone and life will be pretty hard but if the lag is on UL then your position will always be behind for everyone else and act like a shield.
Well I suppose, since when I do speedtests during lag my upload is usually fine but my download is just laughing at me being like "Hahaha I'm being sucked the shit out of but you'll never know which of your bros is responsible MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Yeah, you don't need that much bandwidth to play, but if your bandwidth is drastically lower than usual than that's always a bad sign.

Top Bottom