• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

I noticed we play pretty differently.
Yeah I think I'm too aggressive, which costs me many deaths. I just can't stand being in a place too long, I'd rather find the enemy than let them find me.

is Tenacity worth having? You get a free special move everytime your team has less members right? Sounds pretty good.
Only if you don't die a lot yourself, otherwise you would lose its benefit and it would be useless to have. It gives you a small amount of charge per second when there's less teammates alive than your enemy, so if it's a 3v4, you'll constantly get special charge up.

That's not really how it works. Your special gauge starts filling at a certain rate whenever your team has fewer members alive. The bigger the difference the faster it charges up.
It's pretty popular from what I've seen.

Does anyone know if special charge up effects the Tenacity charge rate, or just charge achieved via painting.
I can't say for sure, but it does feel that way when I use my headgear with special charge up.

DaBoss

I messed up. I picked up the regular Splatterscope instead of the Kelp Splatterscope.
You mean you found the path to glory. Splat Bombs are so good. Once you've killed a Krakens chasing you with a Splat Bomb just as it finishes, you will never get anything more satisfying.

WALKMAN04

You mean you found the path to glory. Splat Bombs are so good. Once you've killed a Krakens chasing you with a Splat Bomb just as it finishes, you will never get anything more satisfying.
No the most satisfying thing to do to a kraken is to pretend to run a way then turn back and jump over them, it's so fun because they never see it coming

Azure J

I definitely want to get better with bombs but we were on Cash Dome and my gear wasn't set up right for it. :(

WALKMAN04

map change kicked us all out!

yaaay

anyway Splattershot Jr. owns.

:p

I actually wasted it most of the times. ;_;<
It worked on me lol, first time using the brush so I'll just have to figure out something to do
I definitely want to get better with bombs but we were on Cash Dome and my gear wasn't set up right for it. :(
Bombs are definitely the best subs, I usually don't pick weapons without them

I'm happy that I'm always looking out for people making a break/pinging others. If Smashley and I set up the comeback, I'd have been so hype.

Edit: Who do I join?

Hey, I saw that ping and SuperJumped. >=(

Anyways, gonna get off for now. GGs, GAF, it was a very fun session today. =D

GGs especially to you, Walkman. Those games of cat and mouse were the best.

Blax, you've become a better charger just by moving more. GGs.

GGs to all of you guys. =D

WALKMAN04

Hey, I saw that ping and SuperJumped. >=(

Anyways, gonna get off for now. GGs, GAF, it was a very fun session today. =D

GGs especially to you, Walkman. Those games of cat and mouse were the best.

Blax, you've become a better charger just by moving more. GGs.

GGs to all of you guys. =D
Good games, we'll have to do the inkbrush vs charger matches some more, especially when I actually get better with this, sticking with the brush for now

Finalow

zzz garbage servers strike again. can only see 2 out of 6 friends playing splatoon and I can't join them 'cause I keep getting error code.

Geg

What's the mode/stages for ranked? Debating jumping in now to try to get back to A- before it gets too full with Japanese players

That come back, the best part is when I was just casually shooting ink down as I spun and splatted Daboss before I even knew he was there.

Edit: Sadly Master Lag DC'ed

JCX

You don't like close matches?

Edit: that game was lagging pretty bad for me

The matches are rarely close. One side pulls ahead early, then the tower mostly stays in the middle. I think I've seen 3 tower control matches actually end before time expires.

I don't feel this way about turf war or splat zones, where I've had plenty of close matches.

DaBoss

I killed the whole team with the bomb rush at the end lmao.
That come back, the best part is when I was just casually shooting ink down as I spun and splatted Daboss before I even knew he was there.
That makes two of us. NEVER TRUST YOUR TEAMMATES TO WATCH YOUR BACK. :p

WALKMAN04

That's just roller hitboxes in general. It's like a 180 degree hit radius from behind themselves to infront of themselves online.
rollers don't hit behind them and I was not right on his back so I doubt that's the problem

Edit: Sadly Master Lag DC'ed
I lost that match for my team, I somehow was camped at where one of the Japanese guys was squid jumping too then died before he landed, I have no idea how, probably lag
The matches are rarely close. One side pulls ahead early, then the tower mostly stays in the middle. I think I've seen 3 tower control matches actually end before time expires.

I don't feel this way about turf war or splat zones, where I've had plenty of close matches.
What rank are you because at A+ I have had matches that go back and forth, ones where we crush them or they us, and matches where it's hard to get the tower all together, so it's been quite the variety from my experience. I think it's just bad luck that those are the only matches you are experiencing

Edit: I'm joining back now

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
How do you get the Kelp Splatterscope? I only have the normal one... I searched Google but couldn't find anything (it just says you need to be level 17, but I'm level 20).

DaBoss

That was the most nonsense snipe ever. The echolocator was aligned with the charger line so I didn't know where it was aimed.
How do you get the Kelp Splatterscope? I only have the normal one... I searched Google but couldn't find anything.
You have to beat the single player and obtain the scrolls from the bosses. I think you get the Kelp weapons from the 2nd boss.

How do you get the Kelp Splatterscope? I only have the normal one... I searched Google but couldn't find anything (it just says you need to be level 17, but I'm level 20).

It's one of the weapons you get from playing through the single player campaign.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
That was the most nonsense snipe ever. The echolocator was aligned with the charger line so I didn't know where it was aimed.

You have to beat the single player and obtain the scrolls from the bosses. I think you get the Kelp weapons from the 2nd boss.

It's one of the weapons you get from playing through the single player campaign.

Thanks! I've only done a few stages in the single-player campaign. Guess I'll play through it one of these days.

Top Bottom