• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jims

Hah, I saw Underpass in rotation again and immediately went for the Tentatek. It served me well. I think that gun in general ended up better for me tonight -- I prefer the dual squelcher but needed something with a bit faster kill speed for all the CQC that was going on.

I almost stayed Tentatek when I saw Urchin and Mackerel, myself. I used to think Port Mackerel was an awful map for the Tentatek, but that Inkzooka is so good for clearing those hallways!

is there a place for brush users in Tower Control? I've never brought mine into TC matches just because of all the high power/long range weaponry that dominate most encounters and I'm terrified that all I'd have against it is simple swishswishswish. Sprinklers and Inkstrike don't seem terribly useful outside of protecting space but when would you ever be in the situation to use either if you yourself are on the tower?

Splat Zones there's a strong argument to be made for brushes due to the speed at which they can cover an area and move on or defend it if really necessary (but this is somewhat stage dependent -- I have no idea how bad it gets on Moray), but Tower Control seems rough for the current brush set.

Honestly, the Carbon Roller does a much better role in Tower Control, it still moves fast while rolling, and it one hits people if they try to climb onto the tower.

I can see it as distracting enemies, or ambushing them. It's not a bad weapon in TC, but I find other weapons doing much better roles in comparison like chargers or the carbon roller.

Of course, when the other brushes are released, like the Inkbrush Nouveau with Mines and Bubblers, or the Octobrush and Beakons, my thoughts could change.

logged in for some ranked action tonight.

4 games, all forfeit by disconnect. wtf. not really a point to doing ranked.

saw an "unstable connection" message for the first time.

Zing

Banned
Hmm. Connection error. I was kicking butt! :(

That is interesting. While I was waiting in queue since the game is full, it suddenly changed message to say that I will join the next battle. I guess someone just disconnected in your game.

Heng

This post reminds me, is there a place for brush users in Tower Control? I've never brought mine into TC matches just because of all the high power/long range weaponry that dominate most encounters and I'm terrified that all I'd have against it is simple swishswishswish. Sprinklers and Inkstrike don't seem terribly useful outside of protecting space but when would you ever be in the situation to use either if you yourself are on the tower?

Splat Zones there's a strong argument to be made for brushes due to the speed at which they can cover an area and move on or defend it if really necessary (but this is somewhat stage dependent -- I have no idea how bad it gets on Moray), but Tower Control seems rough for the current brush set.
I don't know what it's like in your rank, but when I play there's a lot of blasters and rollers. There's really no room for a brush in there since you have to be fairly close and it take 4 (?) swings to kill which rollers and blasters take 1 or 2. You could always flank your enemies but they'll constantly be moving with the tower so I can't imagine what you can do with a brush there. Let me know how you do if you decide to take it in there.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Honestly, the Carbon Roller does a much better role in Tower Control, it still moves fast while rolling, and it one hits people if they try to climb onto the tower.

I can see it as distracting enemies, or ambushing them. It's not a bad weapon in TC, but I find other weapons doing much better roles in comparison like chargers or the carbon roller.

Of course, when the other brushes are released, like the Inkbrush Nouveau with Mines and Bubblers, or the Octobrush and Beakons, my thoughts could change.

Yeah, I noticed that with the Carbon Roller last night. Went on a good winning streak in ranked had 91 points and a B- was one win away from a B but went on a bad losing streak.

Carbon Rollers seem much more effective on Tower Control. One dude I was playing with last night was owning our team with it.

J@hranimo

Banned
I always leave Ranked lobbies every game unless it was a close game or if I recognize someone from the lobby.

I started doing this, and it's actually effective lol. Been winning more than losing.

Goddammit just when I think I'm fed up, it pulls me right back in!

Ahnez

Ninja Squid is so fun

I love when people don't know how to react when I pop out of nowhere and start shooting lol

But the speed penalty is pretty high.. :p

Zing

Banned
Ninja Squid is so fun

I love when people don't know how to react when I pop out of nowhere and start shooting lol

But the speed penalty is pretty high.. :p
You can actually go undetected even without it. You only make ripples when going full speed. Just move more slowly and choose a better gear ability. :D

Ahnez

It was faster but they nerfed it because everyone was using it.

It was faster? lol

Well, I can see why it was nerfed :p

You can actually go undetected even without it. You only make ripples when going full speed. Just move more slowly and choose a better gear ability. :D

I know, but I use it mostly as a mindgame in 1x1 encounters :p It would be much harder to do it using the slower swim

Azure J

I don't know what it's like in your rank, but when I play there's a lot of blasters and rollers. There's really no room for a brush in there since you have to be fairly close and it take 4 (?) swings to kill which rollers and blasters take 1 or 2. You could always flank your enemies but they'll constantly be moving with the tower so I can't imagine what you can do with a brush there. Let me know how you do if you decide to take it in there.

A- here and yeah I pretty much what I expected.

We do, sometimes its SM239

Y'know, you've gotten a lot better since we first played. =D It's always fun seeing people improve. I can't shut you down as easily as I could before, which makes for very fun games.

I think I hit my plateau, though I'm practicing more little things, especially with my Charger. Had 2 good days in a row, which felt very nice. =D I'm also trying to pick up better habits in order to play better. Heh, it's funny... Despite being primarily a Charger, I actually have a lot of trouble approaching them with anything but a Charger. It's actually one of the reasons I find it hard to stray from bombs, since that should scare off the Charger long enough to let me approach. Then again, I had a lot of fun trolling them with Disruptors at Walleye (Shoutouts to Azure and Guy Sloth), so there you go. =P

Hah... I went off on a huge tangent. So Kas, how do you think your Roller compares to Red's? You guys have a different style, which is interesting for me to see. Either way, you've become really effective at invading bases. I'm curious to see what you can do with a brush. =D

Edit: Fell into the "you're" trap. =(

Azure J

>"Hmm, I haven't played ranked in a while and I would like to be an A+ now. Let's give this a shot"
>Room fills and match starts
>Run down to the Splat Zone on Walleye and get to behind the mid section on our side
>*THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE*
>"A communication error has occurred. LOL run those ten points ninja"

8uz976g.gif

Edit: Moray Tower splat zone is horrible
EDIT 2: WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS HORRID PIECE OF SHIT STAGE IN SPLAT ZONES? FIRE THEM

>"Hmm, I haven't played ranked in a while and I would like to be an A+ now. Let's give this a shot"
>Room fills and match starts
>Run down to the Splat Zone on Walleye and get to behind the mid section on our side
>*THE CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE*
>"A communication error has occurred. LOL run those ten points ninja"

8uz976g.gif

Edit: Moray Tower splat zone is horrible
EDIT 2: WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS HORRID PIECE OF SHIT STAGE IN SPLAT ZONES? FIRE THEM

I never tried Moray Towers Ranked. Is it really that bad? I imagine it's more sniper and Dynamo than Arowana judging by that E-Liter dude, but I don't know.

Azure J

A- 70 to looking at a B+ demotion because Nintendo didn't realize how fucking stupid a mile high drop was in a timed mode...

Geg

I havent played splatzones in moray towers myself but from what I've heard it's incredibly easy to camp and lame it out for the full five minutes as long as you have at least one point in your favor

Azure J

Thank you based new Charger skills, Tower Control and Arowana/Bluefin combination. Back to A- once more.

Never touching Moray in any mode that isn't Turf War again.

What's wrong with it?

I think it's one of the better maps for Splat Zones.

It's a stupid camp fest where two teams are RNG'd up and whoever has the dumbest combination of roller flick ranges and beakons wins immediately. Never mind RNG also putting two chargers (E-Liter and Splatterscope) on the same team as the dynamo providing consistent ink shower support on their splat zone's side. Nothing gets past the midsection once the combination of the two chargers and fdynamo roller hot swap places and coat the bottom middle while allowing member #4, a ninja Krak-On Roller troll to shark everything that passes. By the way, did I mention how easy it is for your entire team to crumble if no one thinks to you know COVER OUR SPLAT ZONE FIRST?

This is also made even more unpleasant by the fact that everyone apparently knows how to do that Beakon Zerg Rush bullshit to further establish camping ground and my team in all four matches that I played on that stage were beyond ass at routing them all out and dealing with the persistent splat zone problem.

Top Bottom