• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I'm not touching Splatoon today cause I wanna keep my A- for now and I don't wanna end up going to work with a tad high sodium level. :p
You could still play Turf Wars!

Haven't voted yet. Looks like Gaf is leaning waterslide?
Might go that way to support #teammarie.
I picked water slides awhile ago, some other GAFers have picked roller coasters though. In any case, I intend to have a good time!

I thought of doing this last splatfest, but I landed on a really bad team and decided it was probably more beneficial for the greater good to carry that team and help them win ~50% of their games, rather than steamroll with a team that probably would have won most of their games without me anyway.

Plus, we pulled off a bunch of really close victories against "better" teams and I started getting the feels.... even though you can barely interact with your teammates haha.

In the end, it was all for nil since dogs are more popular than cats.
Considering I was on team Pop and we had a total of like 12 players full stop, I didn't think it was worth the risk leaving that good room for literally anything. Queue some very, very quick bathroom breaks, lol.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm going to be getting an Elgate HD60 this Saturday. I'm new to streaming though so I'd accept any pointers folks might have for me. I'm also going to see if I can get some other game streams going. I hope SplatGAF gets into Splatfest rooms with me while I test things out. #TeamWaterSlide is going major.
Keep your expectations for steam quality realistic, unless you're partnered Twitch doesn't play nice with streams over 3k bitrate, nor can a fair number of viewers actually watch high bitrate streams. And to be honest a fast action game like Splatoon needs more than that to keep 720p 60fps running smooth anyway. Also considering you're actually needing to play online as well I'd try not to stream at a bitrate any more than like 30% of your actual upload speed. Oh, and on a more casual note maybe try streaming without using a mic until you get a few viewers and some experience, it's pretty tough to keep commentating on everything if you've not actually got anyone chatting, which can make the downtime very noticeable. I personally only use a mic when speedrunning out of necessity.

Azure J

Water slides are just more fun in summer. As someone who frequently visited Florida/Isles of Adventures for most summers between '03 and '08, Ripsaw Falls and the Popeye ride > Hulk & Dueling Dragons. Mind you, rollers are awesome, but that deep in the summer, you want your rides to cool you off. Plus there's nothing as awesome as wrapping the trip up feeling cool as sunset comes and goes down as you visit that rad Cinnabon right before the exit then leave. :lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I really feel like this game, for as popular as it is now, is set to REALLY explode when this stuff launches.

As for the rest of your post, I really appreciated how you'd go down into the trenches on Bluefin and roll around getting enemy attention while I was on charger duty. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes not having to perch and pray for someone to get overzealous in their attempts to come into our base.

At the same time, this also made me target you a lot whenever I saw that football helmet rolling around on the other side of the stage grounds. If I let you in, all hell breaks loose in the last thirty seconds. :lol

Totally agree about the popularity of the game. It's already very popular as is, but I think Splatoon is going to rival Super Smash as Nintendo's most popular online/competitive when it's all said and done. Matchmaking and getting clans/teams organized is the next, and most important, step into getting this game legitimized (which it already is).

This may sound like a weird analogy but I think Splatoon will do for the gamepad controller what Melee did for the GameCube controller. It's an extremely popular online/multiplayer game on a Nintendo console that hasn't sold as well as predecessors but still managed to find a hardcore community that will be playing the game for years to come.

And yeah, when I'm playing with you, BlurSilver, SM239, BlakStatus and plenty of other great players honestly my job is to make your job as charger/e-liter easier and make the life for the opposing charger/e-liter as difficult as possible.

When I go into Bluefin Depot I know I'm probably not going to get a lot of points or kills but as long as I can distract the opponent enough for our chargers to take them we're good. I'll also be looking at the gamepad to see if there are any potential flanks coming from opposing teams rollers.

lol Kas I was so surprised in a match yesterday to go back to my spawn point in the last few seconds of the match to see you rolling around as a kraken right in front of it

Haha, yeah when it's the end of the match and I know we've won I'll troll/have fun like that :p

J@hranimo

Banned
Haven't voted yet. Looks like Gaf is leaning waterslide?
Might go that way to support #teammarie.

Yup! That's what I determined. Although my childish urge to spray green ink for 24 hours almost made me go towards rollercoasters.

Then I realized Marie and SplatGAF are the way to go.
...unless I'm terribly wrong and more people here went rollercoaster than waterslides D:

DaBoss

Inkbrush ranked, not working for you Daboss, or just that match
Daboss we going to win anytime soon lol
Edit: yes team instead of dealing with the enemies in our base on the tower go ink there base
This was just strange. I was doing completely fine with the Inkbrush the 15 or so games before you joined with some losses, but mostly wins (I was at 99 once you joined), but once you joined, we had some unexplainable streak of losses lol.

Though the first few matches after you joined had me placing my Inkstrikes off by quite a bit. I either overestimated how much the enemy team would be pushed back or underestimated how much the enemy team would push forward.

The biggest problem with the brush on the tower is the fact the tower actually blocks your attacks, so staying on the tower isn't that helpful.

But one of the games before had me block a Kraken from climbing up the tower just as we were going to reach the goal lol. That is probably the best Inkbrush vs Kraken fight ever.

Robotguy

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm going to be getting an Elgato HD60 this Saturday. I'm new to streaming though so I'd accept any pointers folks might have for me. I'm also going to see if I can get some other game streams going. I hope SplatGAF gets into Splatfest rooms with me while I test things out. #TeamWaterSlide is going major.

Heh, I guess he got the last laugh with that disconnect.

I'll be back on after I have something to eat. If you see me, feel free to join.
I kinda want to get a capture/streaming card for this game.

Azure J

Inkbrush vs. 1.3.0 Kraken will always be great because it reminds me of this.

Inkbrush vs. Rollers is similar until you realize you'd get fucked running into a good roller/filthy Carbon scrub from the front.

I kinda want to get a capture/streaming card for this game.

No lies, for all the things I've played on GAF with GAF, this is the game that made me think it'd be a worthwhile investment. I don't have any big plans regarding content, but this game definitely needs a means to preserve certain moments.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Two straight comm errors in Ranked so I'm going to play some Hyrule Warriors till this dies down in an hour or so. Usually get comm errors more during the daytime than night. It's weird.

Finalow

anyone playing?

by the way, how do I get people in my plaza? I thought it was the people from your last match but apprently it's not like that.

jnWake

Lol I'm rank B+ and for a while I was in a room with only A+ players. Great matchmaking.

I hate the Tentatek Splattershot, it kills so quickly.

Violet_0

Banned
now to not play ranked ever again
wiiu_screenshot_tv_017qkks.jpg
oh and today I remembered that I have a Miiverse
it was mainly people complaining about lag

Not going to touch rank for a while, I enjoy look at my A rank.

Gotta thank Gaf, playing with you insane guys has helped me improve my game drastically.

Finalow

so good, trench experience is real. team doesn't even know how to superjump or how TC works, killing the entire enemy team by yourself isn't enough I guess.

Azure J

Everytime I spot Kevin in the last ten seconds running away, I'm making it a priority to splat him because Inkstrikes.

It's like catching the coin purse enemies in Mario 64. :lol

Everytime I spot Kevin in the last ten seconds running away, I'm making it a priority to splat him because Inkstrikes.

It's like catching the coin purse enemies in Mario 64. :lol

Truth be told, Ink strikes should have some penalty if you use them for last second rescues, even something small like it only does one big blast, rather than the whooshes it also does.

Either that, or you stay in the animation where you cover your ears if you didn't blast it off on time.

Also bomb based sub weapons should do self damage to you, I'm looking at suction bomb spammers on tower control.

Violet_0

Banned
what weapons do you usually use for ranked modes?
Custom E-Liter for Splat Zones, Rapid Blaster for TC

I ranked up from A 50 to A+ 80 in one and a half hours on Splat Zones Moray Tower and Kelp Dome, and won two Splat Zone games on Port just now
my plan was that I can hard-carry Splat Zones on Moray Towers and do reasonably well on Kelp Dome, and there were hardly any enemy snipers in my room so no one could really counter me. When the right map/game mode rotation is on you can rank up quickly

Azure J

Ultimate checkmate 2: Pushing the enemy so far back that you end the round by putting a sprinkler a half step in front of them on their spawn.

Top Bottom