• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

atr0cious

You can usually talk to Guy on Atr0cious's stream.
I wish I was around more. Speaking of, I'm gonna stream a little this morning after 11am map change before I head to work again, and then tonight as well when I'm off around midnight for splat fest. Everyone is free to join, usually at least BlueSilver and Guy show up, with azure, daboss and now Heng showing up every now and again to make sure they look good on stream.

Don't know how I feel about the new brush, as it doesn't answer any problems I had with the ink brush, the subs are worthless for rush down. Gonna try this, but really just waiting for the neveau. This brush was made for Kevin though.

Yea, it is the best shoes ability. I just prefer having as much Special Charge Up now while using the brush, so I always use my Orange Arrows. Until some crazy person rolls Special Charge Up on Ink Resistance shoes, I'll probably just continue using that.

Oh, you mean me? :p

F6Ad8uJ.jpg

I wish I was around more. Speaking of, I'm gonna stream a little this morning after 11am map change before I head to work again, and then tonight as well when I'm off around midnight for splat fest. Everyone is free to join, usually at least BlueSilver and Guy show up, with azure, daboss and now Heng showing up every now and again to make sure they look good on stream.

Don't know how I feel about the new brush, as it doesn't answer any problems I had with the ink brush, the subs are worthless for rush down. Gonna try this, but really just waiting for the neveau. This brush was made for Kevin though.

Quick Respawn looks good for that set. Rush to enemy base, die, respawn in 3 seconds, SJ back, etc. =D

Honestly, I might stick with the original, only for the fact the Kraken brush does not have sprinklers.
Kraken brushes will be evil on Tower Control though, so I might main it there.

phanphare

Banned
I love doing this, especially as a non-Squiffer/Kelp Charger. I once had someone try to do this at Bluefin when I was using the E-Liter. Needless to say, I lept off, did a lightning quick 180, and tossed 2 Burst Bombs at the wall, and splatted them. =D It would have worked if the guy rushed, but nope. Bad call by him.

based burst bomb splats

I can't believe I've been ignoring the splattershot for so long, it's like my main weapon now

paired with special charge up it just gets nutty. also in this instance special charge up almost works like a main ink refill and sub ink saver because you fill your tank when it gets engaged and then you have unlimited bomb throws for a period of time.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Your avatar is a pretty accurate depiction of how I feel about those matches

lol

I finally got back out of the B+ mines tonight. SO happy to be A- again. had some amazing matches tonight. inkzooka in smart hands is so good in ranked play

Congrats! The inkzooka makes me rage so much as an opposing inkling, especially on tower control. It can turn the tide of a match so quickly!

What's the link to your stream?

Finalow

Everything DaBoss said + don't overexert yourself. Be flexible and try to learn how certain players handle certain confrontations but don't feel like you absolutely HAVE to get that one KO. The large majority of the time, you'd be better off inking somewhere else or just being a moving beacon.

The most important thing is that you should get your trigger finger ready. :p

- Use the sprinkler a lot, try to see what locations where others place sprinklers
- Use the roll mode to get some where fast or to escape
- Be sneaky, avoid head on confrontations
- You can keep Krakens away lol
- If it is possible, sneak into the enemy's side of the map and wreak havoc
thanks for the tips.

how exactly do I keep krakens away?
Oh, you mean me? :p
give me those shoes.

also I really fucking need something with a lot of InkSaver (Sub), but again, I just need to play with someone that has that and I find him in the lobby, yes?

Geg

Congrats! The inkzooka makes me rage so much as an opposing inkling, especially on tower control. It can turn the tide of a match so quickly!

The little spike thing on the tower actually blocks inkzookas, so as long as the first shot doesn't hit you and you know where they're coming from, you can safely ride it out. Unless there are other enemies shooting at you at the same time of course

thanks for the tips.

Shooting one while it's jumping/attacking will push it back, but the good ones will wait until they're physically touching you to attack. Sometimes the best option is to just swim away and wait it out

WALKMAN04

thanks for the tips.

give me those shoes.

also I really fucking need something with a lot of InkSaver (Sub), but again, I just need to play with someone that has that and I find him in the lobby, yes?
You just keep swinging at the kraken and it wont be able to advance
The little spike thing on the tower actually blocks inkzookas, so as long as the first shot doesn't hit you and you know where they're coming from, you can safely ride it out. Unless there are other enemies shooting at you at the same time of course
I remember one time i was using the inkzooka and there was an enemy on the other side of the tower it was my last shot so i tried to shoot him through the spike pillar thing, and it didnt splat him he pulls out his and shoots me through it, we both never moved i was so salty

Yeah, but then you need to keep them in your lobby each day as you keep ordering from Spyke, it isn't guaranteed (or in my experience, even remotely likely) that he'll ever offer you something with multiple slots already filled.

Spam RT like crazy when they are point blank range in Kraken form, pray to god you have full ink and there isn't even a tiny ounce of lag or you die. Oh and you die anyway, since the Krak-on can still just flick once and kill you when the Kraken drops.

atr0cious

Honestly, I might stick with the original, only for the fact the Kraken brush does not have sprinklers.
Kraken brushes will be evil on Tower Control though, so I might main it there.

Yea, I think the speed damper could turn it into a carbon roller and take away the point of it entirely, but the extra range may do what you want so you dont waste ink throwing sprinklers, meaning just a quick swipe and swim instead of waiting in your ink to reload then move forward, plus hopefully a faster ttk.

What's the link to your stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/earneststreaming/

It's in my profile as well.

I'll be stuck forever in the pits of B+. =(

Alrighty, question to those that I play with often. Where do you guys think I can improve? Do I rush a bit too recklessly at times? I feel like I'm learning a lot, especially since I have barely any experience in the genre, but there's strategies I still haven't learned yet. What is my biggest flaw right now?

One thing I know is that I'm very stubborn. I'm using the Splat Charger and E-Liter as a Squiffer. I can't stay campy for long. That tends to get me killed more than most other Chargers. At least with the E-Liter, I have Burst Bombs for CQC. There are also those times where I recklessly head around the corner, but I've been getting smarter about that. I also want to say I generally have great awareness around me, but I can't capitalize on it sometimes.

Geg

More detailed write ups of the new weapons from the tumblr

tumblr_nrn3jxRyqg1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Need a brush that packs a powerful punch? The Octobrush is a brush with denser bristles that fling even more ink with each swipe! Use that mobility to scatter Squid Beakons everywhere, giving your whole team free rein of the battlefield! No need to hesitate—you can always use the Kraken to run away in a pinch. Your team will love you! Grab the Octobrush at 7 PM PT tonight!
tumblr_nrn3mkiis21u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Ah yes, the N-ZAP ‘89. This is quite simply an N-ZAP '85 that was redesigned for… well, definitely not legal reasons. No siree. Nothing to see here. Lawyers definitely did not have anything to do with this. It includes a Sprinkler to rapidly increase your turf, allowing you to fire off remarkably fast Inkstrikes! This set is excellent at striking where the foe least expects it. Good for lone wolves and those nostalgic for the good ol’ days! The N-ZAP ’89 will be available tonight at 7 PM PT!

ngower

Lost a Tower Control game 49-48, we were in control in the dying seconds of the game. With two more seconds we would have won. My heart...it hurts...

atr0cious

I hope the speed damper is in the swing, but keeps its run speed. Give me that monster hunter great sword. At least it sounds like its not too bad from their description. Won't be home til midnight, so will read impressions while jealous from work. This could be the brush for ranked with its better range, until the Nuveau drops anyways.

I hope the speed damper is in the swing, but keeps its run speed. Give me that monster hunter great sword. At least it sounds like its not too bad from their description. Won't be home til midnight, so will read impressions while jealous from work.

GS user? I knew I liked you. =D

The text makes me think that the swings will reach farther than the Inkbrush.

VICI0US

Infinite B- <=> B loop wee

Also, I got a 3x Special Saver in a White Arrowband without ever rerolling it lol

Sigh, this is me right now with B+ <> A-. Get the absolute worst teammates sometimes, can't win even when I'm going 16-5 trying to carry as much as possible

N-zap sounds like it'll be amazing for splatzones, fast rate of fire, sprinklers, and inkstrikes. that's like the perfect loadout.

Heng

Alrighty, question to those that I play with often. Where do you guys think I can improve? Do I rush a bit too recklessly at times? I feel like I'm learning a lot, especially since I have barely any experience in the genre, but there's strategies I still haven't learned yet. What is my biggest flaw right now?

One thing I know is that I'm very stubborn. I'm using the Splat Charger and E-Liter as a Squiffer. I can't stay campy for long. That tends to get me killed more than most other Chargers. At least with the E-Liter, I have Burst Bombs for CQC. There are also those times where I recklessly head around the corner, but I've been getting smarter about that. I also want to say I generally have great awareness around me, but I can't capitalize on it sometimes.
I've tried playing the E-Liter aggressive but I don't think it works as well as other chargers. With scope and damage ups, you can play like a Squiffer without sacrificing any range. Maybe you should try using the E-Liter stealthy, sneaking up on enemies at weird angles they wouldn't expect.

From your gameplay, I'd say your aim but it seems you fixed that problem from your posts in the past few days. Maybe try not to snipe people at predictable places? I would have to see how well you do with an improved aim.

I'll go ahead and let you know right now that A- is worse. A- is just a shithole. A and B+ are so much better. Whenever I drop from A to A-, I die a little on the inside. If I drop from A- to B+, it's not too bad (until I eventually level up to A- again).

My experience, drop Splatzones entirely, and just stick to Tower Control whenever it's up.

Lost a Tower Control game 49-48, we were in control in the dying seconds of the game. With two more seconds we would have won. My heart...it hurts...
Those losses are the most painful >:

We almost had a comeback but we lost the zone and the other team had a roller who snuck out x:

I've tried playing the E-Liter aggressive but I don't think it works as well as other chargers. With scope and damage ups, you can play like a Squiffer without sacrificing any range. Maybe you should try using the E-Liter stealthy, sneaking up on enemies at weird angles they wouldn't expect.

From your gameplay, I'd say your aim but it seems you fixed that problem from your posts in the past few days. Maybe try not to snipe people at predictable places? I would have to see how well you do with an improved aim.

I've been having a lot of fun just being a Ninja Charger using Burst Bombs to kill. =D I noticed that there are certain ranges where my aim goes down the drain. It's interesting. Maybe I'm moving too much. =P However, I've also been making really good shots at the same time. Heh, maybe I should force myself to use the Kelp Charger to force myself to practice without the bomb crutch. Everyone knows how often I deploy bombs.

Hmm... I just realized that the Bamboozler will be the perfect way to return to a Charger playstyle that I've mostly dropped by now. =D

Can there be more voice prompts on the d-pad, like 'Special Ready!' so you can use that, and C'mon in succession for Bubbler based pushes?

Make it where you can't use it unless you actually have it, for obvious reasons

Zing

Banned
Anyone playing? I've already played ranked this morning. I'm ready for turf wars so I can spend my coins on more slots.

Robotguy

Can there be more voice prompts on the d-pad, like 'Special Ready!' so you can use that, and C'mon in succession for Bubbler based pushes?
Wish there was a way I could have warned my charger teammate about the other charger about to snipe him from the other side of bluefin last night. :(

I still hate the ranked punishment points you get if god forbid you have somebody 1 rank higher than you on your team. +8 and -12's are such garbage.

Whomp whomp, and all it took were 3 Snails.

I've been thinking of maybe buying this game soon since i want something to play with my gf. Can i play online with her at the same time? How's the lag compared to Smash(which can be pretty horrible at times)?

It's only 1 player online, and the only way to play with 2 people is in the 1v1 local mode. Also the lag is not bad, it's like Mario Kart style lag at times, though you will disconnect at the most BS moments.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been thinking of maybe buying this game soon since i want something to play with my gf. Can i play online with her at the same time? How's the lag compared to Smash(which can be pretty horrible at times)?

Heng

No you can only play 1 at a time when you're playing the online mode unless she has another wii u and joins your lobby. I think lag in this game is similar to mario kart 8 with delayed positions when lag hits. From what I've remembered in For Glory, the lag in this game is almost non existence compared to smash.

ngower

Those losses are the most painful >:

We almost had a comeback but we lost the zone and the other team had a roller who snuck out x:

Those or the ones where you're ON POINT during the match and there's great team chemistry and the match ends, but you find out you lost and that one player dropped at the beginning and even if that person was terrible, you'd likely still have won just having that extra body.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's only 1 player online, and the only way to play with 2 people is in the 1v1 local mode. Also the lag is not bad, it's like Mario Kart style lag at times, though you will disconnect at the most BS moments.

Ah, disappointing. :( This game sounds more fun against multiple people than just 1vs1.

Nico_D

Hahaa! Finally B+! I won nine matches of Splatzones in row in Urchin and Moray. Now I can drop back to B tomorrow. I personally really like Moray Towers - though I haven't gotten many matches of TC in it.

Top Bottom