• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

J@hranimo

Banned
With the sheer amount of weapons we're bound to get some overlapping loadouts.

The good of that though is that possibly we can choose our desired sub and special for at least one of each weapon type :)

WALKMAN04

You can usually talk to Guy on Atr0cious's stream.

...Going off on a tangent, S apostrophe S is a nuisance to me whenever I post or even write. They're technically both allowed, but I don't know which one to use, so I flip-flop on it all of the time. I guess it's a style thing, but it's still annoying.

ANYWAYS, yeah. Is Master A1 also waiting for GAF to authorize his account?
I'm usually on iPad so atr0cious streams work sometimes and sometimes not so I don't check his page often, usually when he posts a link though I do. I would assume Master A1 is as well didn't ask directly but he does know of gaf.
heh, I also got messages from Sloth and Master A1 and some others I was oblivious about for a month or so. Master A1 pretty much sent me the same the message but I secretly still prefer Master AI
Same on both accounts, there messages were there for a while, just decided to make that blinking sign go away lol. I also prefer AI, he should just change it lol

Edit: nice at the new weapons, been having a lot of fun lately playing weapons I don't usually play

DaBoss

I think people just gave it the nickname "Dynamo Brush", not officially called that.
Did not realize we could talk to Guysloth and Master A1 through miiverse. Just so you know Guysloth, I finally saw your miiverse message to me and responded so feel free to talk to me through it anytime. Master A1 you as well. And for gaf Master A1 would like me to inform you guys that it is a 1(one) at the end of his name not an I lol.
Yea, I've always been using Master A1, but when I see his name in-game and see other people use AI, I thought I was wrong for a while lol.
I´ve made an Excel sheet that helps you find the gear combination for a desired set of skills. Select 6 skills, press the button and the sheet will list the most likely gear combinations to get that skill setup. It works by considering the main skill of every piece of gear and the chance to get a skill as a sub depending on the gear brand.

it can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cT4cxMTtjVNkIyRUJSLW1rRjg/view?usp=sharing
It uses macros so you may get a security warning when you open it.

Any suggestions, comments...are welcome :)
This is really cool. Thanks for this.

As for comments, 'adecuate' is spelled 'adequate'. :p
Ink Resistance because duh
Ink Resistance will probably be pointless with how wide the path is gonna be.

I´ve made an Excel sheet that helps you find the gear combination for a desired set of skills. Select 6 skills, press the button and the sheet will list the most likely gear combinations to get that skill setup. It works by considering the main skill of every piece of gear and the chance to get a skill as a sub depending on the gear brand.

it can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cT4cxMTtjVNkIyRUJSLW1rRjg/view?usp=sharing
It uses macros so you may get a security warning when you open it.

Any suggestions, comments...are welcome :)

This is awesome. I've set mine up a couple days ago but did it by hand in a text file lol.

WALKMAN04

I think people just gave it the nickname "Dynamo Brush", not officially called that.

Yea, I've always been using Master A1, but when I see his name in-game and see other people use AI, I thought I was wrong for a while lol.

This is really cool. Thanks for this.

As for comments, 'adecuate' is spelled 'adequate'. :p

Ink Resistance will probably be pointless with how wide the path is gonna be.
I think it was Splatoon's font makes it seem like an I, I only noticed when I was going through my friends list to make room for someone. Yeah ink resistance doesn't seem like it might be necessary
Glad to get some new weapons. A brush with beacons and the kraken? I can smell the base infiltration already.
If Kas learned to use this lol, just imagine him faster and sneakier than ever

I think it was Splatoon's font makes it seem like an I, I only noticed when I was going through my friends list to make room for someone. Yeah ink resistance doesn't seem like it might be necessary

If Kas learned to use this lol, just imagine him faster and sneakier than ever

That's what I keep saying. =D

Zing

Banned
I officially retire from Tower Control. Even at the A+ level it is just a chaotic mess. It is heavily reliant on every single player on your team being competent. Even when I win, I feel unsatisfied. It would feel better for me if everything was slowed down (tower movement, respawn rate).

They should take a look at some of the Everybody Votes (that old voting channel on Wii) results; they even had regional polls! Perfect for deciding on good Splatfest teams.

We'll see what the next Splatfest choices are… for the moment, 2 Splatfest themes were available on the Wii's Everybody Votes Channel. Now, I am not sure if it is just a coincidence or not. It seems you were right and that Nintendo is recycling these old polls to use them as Splatfest themes.

According to several sources, the very first global poll was “Do you prefer dogs or cats?”:
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Everybody_Votes_Channel

Surprise surprise, what do I also see here? One of the first three regional polls in some region was “Which do you prefer? -Eating -Sleeping” (which is Europe's second Splatfest question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZllAosPHU8&t=19s

In retrospect, it's a shame that nobody gathered all poll results and that they're no longer available from Nintendo's servers.

Well, I guess I'm wrong on my weapon drop schedule. But, finally, the N-Zap '89 is dropping tonight, and the Kraken Brush!

Also, what 3 map do you think will be in Splatfest tomorrow?

StAidan

I played Moray Towers this morning, there were 3 rollers on my team and the enemy had 2 Dual Squelchers and 2 Splattershot Pros.

If that's not enough to make a person hate Moray Towers, I don't know what is.

phanphare

Banned
I use the tentatek splattershot dual squelchers splattershot pro and splash o matic.
I've done well on the map a few times but I just don't find it fun at all. Doesn't help when your teammates aren't good either lol

word

I love that map. there are so many ways to approach situations and if I get caught on the other side I can usually get the fuck outta there and regroup.

I think I might like it so much because I get random splats all the time by lobbing splat bombs into the center without looking haha

word

I love that map. there are so many ways to approach situations and if I get caught on the other side I can usually get the fuck outta there and regroup.

I think I might like it so much because I get random splats all the time by lobbing splat bombs into the center without looking haha
Lol I may have to try that more with bombs

J@hranimo

Banned
Too big and going against a team of snipers is no fun there
Jahranimo I hate it both modes lol

Oh, well I love the map. The map is definitely charger country, you just gotta keep an eye out when you're in the middle. I have the best success when using the gals and squelchers.

Also, what 3 map do you think will be in Splatfest tomorrow?

I'm calling Skatepark, Rig and one of the recent maps.

Geg

I played Moray Towers this morning, there were 3 rollers on my team and the enemy had 2 Dual Squelchers and 2 Splattershot Pros.

If that's not enough to make a person hate Moray Towers, I don't know what is.

I think the best thing rollers need to do on that stage is rush to the enemy's side as quickly as possible. Kas is a beast on moray with his kraken roller, same with SM239 and the carbon roller

Oh, well I love the map. The map is definitely charger country, you just gotta keep an eye out when you're in the middle. I have the best success when using the gals and squelchers.
My team this morning kept getting picked off and I was the only one who made it to the center up one ramp. But 3 of the 4 members were snipers and I was getting jumped
I'm not a charger so I won't even touch Moray without ninja squid on.

Most definitely

phanphare

Banned
also moray towers is where I finally honed the skill of chilling in ink on a wall and peeking over the edge with the gyro before committing

WALKMAN04

Gonna go to NintendoWorld in a few to pay my respects in the book they have for Mr. Iwata, shouldn't take too long, will be playing later on in the day

Geg

also moray towers is where I finally honed the skill of chilling in ink on a wall and peeking over the edge with the gyro before committing

Bluefin Depot is what did it for me, mainly because I could tell when other players were doing it against me.

It's also made me extremely cautious about approaching a ledge I know has an inkable/climbable wall under it. Probably a little too cautious

DaBoss

I hope Bluefin and Moray are on Turf War eventually. I found some cool hiding spots that I want to try out in an actual game lol.
There really isn't anything better for the main shoes slot anyway, plus ink resistance is still useful if you need to be jumping through enemy ink.
Yea, it is the best shoes ability. I just prefer having as much Special Charge Up now while using the brush, so I always use my Orange Arrows. Until some crazy person rolls Special Charge Up on Ink Resistance shoes, I'll probably just continue using that.

I love doing this, especially as a non-Squiffer/Kelp Charger. I once had someone try to do this at Bluefin when I was using the E-Liter. Needless to say, I lept off, did a lightning quick 180, and tossed 2 Burst Bombs at the wall, and splatted them. =D It would have worked if the guy rushed, but nope. Bad call by him.

Top Bottom