• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

Damn sorry guys I was playing around at the end, didn't know you guys didn't have deaths either I feel like I failed you guys, the round before this one

Geg

Up to B 80 now, gonna quit while I'm ahead. Hopefully my next session I'll break into B+

Tower Control in the skatepark is great

Crisium

Brush with stealth jump is amazing in tower. The jump time increase is a buff since its less likely to spawn in enemy fire. Combined with ninja squid you can be an evil shark.

Jonke

Neo Member
I'm done for the night, my hands started to shake there lol. Good games everyone. =)

Shoutout to Grakl for always pinpointing (shut me down) me. :[

Junahu

Great games. Grakl is goddamn crazy with the kelp splatterscope. I assume it's the dual strength ups letting him out shoot me, combined with how terrible a shot I am.

I also need to stop swimming to the end of my shots when I'm being chased.
Had a brilliant moment when I shot a wall and started swimming toward it, then stopped and let my opponent shoot at the wall fruitlessly. I would consider that the first, and last, time I ever had a good idea.

Jims

Got to finally try Tower Mode just now. Decided to go with the .96 Gal since I'd been playing it a lot lately. I'd heard people say how weak Echolocator is in this mode, so I was kinda hesitant to use it.

I decided, if you're going to go .96 Gal, you have to be the meat-grinder of the team. Don't necessarily ride the tower very much, but circle around it and pick people off. I think that mostly went well, putting up 15-20 kills in most games. I thought it would really shine in playing defense, picking off the people standing on the tower. But the boxy corners make hitting people really difficult, especially if they're submerged. I think if I were better at dropping down the arc-shots, it would go better.

I think Echolocator is a little underrated in this mode. If you fire one off when you have the tower around the 50-30 mark, it makes the final approach infinitely easier. I almost never rode the tower as a .96 Gal in general, but ended up riding out the game to five victories with Echolocator. Just sniped people in the distance and wiped out their whole team.

Quick jump + Stealth jump is a really useful combo for keeping up pressure.

It also feels like a mode where late comebacks and/or overtime is somewhat harder to achieve. If you can get it to, like, 10 early on, you can sometimes just sit on that lead and play defense. There were moments, late in games, where we were up comfortably and there was literally no reason for me to Quick Jump from spawn... Even if the enemy has re-taken the tower. The enemy has to come to you, so you just have to regroup and win one final showdown. Splatzones, you can pull off that comeback a little easier because they gotta rush to you in the middle.

Blackbelly Skatepark is awesome on Ranked. The Warehouse is okay... Kinda basic.

Grakl

Guys! I just unexpectedly got Splatoon as a gift!

Can I be welcomed into the inky fold?

NNID: drsmacky
My NNID is graklChespin
Great games. Grakl is goddamn crazy with the kelp splatterscope. I assume it's the dual strength ups letting him out shoot me, combined with how terrible a shot I am.

I also need to stop swimming to the end of my shots when I'm being chased.
Had a brilliant moment when I shot a wall and started swimming toward it, then stopped and let my opponent shoot at the wall fruitlessly. I would consider that the first, and last, time I ever had a good idea.
Thanks the complement. Yeah, damage up makes kills much easier.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I JUST hit level 10 so I can get in on this Tower Control. What are the bonuses for winning in Ranked matches? It seems like you can get more EXP winning in non ranked.

Grakl

I JUST hit level 10 so I can get in on this Tower Control. What are the bonuses for winning in Ranked matches? It seems like you can get more EXP winning in non ranked.
More exp/gold, yeah. That's it, though. You also generally have to win in order to get the exp.

StAidan

Grr, my Tower Control teammates REALLY need a lesson in defense.

When the enemy team has the tower, should you:
(a) Approach with caution and attempt to wrest control ASAP
(b) Gather behind the goal line and wait for the tower to come to you

Yes, this was on Blackbelly Skatepark and the enemy team had JUST hopped onto the tower at the center of the map.

Azure J

Literally just saw a dude lag so hard when he jumped, he "I must go now, my planet needs me-d" for ten secs before landing on me with a roller swing.

Crayolan

Guys! I just unexpectedly got Splatoon as a gift!

Can I be welcomed into the inky fold?

NNID: drsmacky

If you want to consistently play with gaffers you should add the most active posters in the thread. There's a spreadsheet for NNID's on the 3rd post of this thread.

When you win, ranked gives you much more exp/cash than regular battles, and it only increases as you go up in rank. But when you lose, you get jack. It's a bit of a gamble.

Is there any sign of splatfest truck?

Should show up at midnight pacific time.

Totakeke

Got a +9 hawt streak on my charger for ranked, but now back on my main there's like nothing I want to use for tower control. Maybe I should just go all out kamikaze.

Top Bottom