• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

And I'm out. Goodnight

SkaFcbQ.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Playing like shit since this is the first time I have got to play in like three weeks and I have been teamed up with awful teams almost the entire Splatfest. Pretty sure we have only won three matches. Ugh.

SM239

Coaster King GET! Had an ok team along the way. Well honestly there was only one guy that was good and the other two positions kept swapping out between decent players and absolutely terrible players.

Anyway gonna get some rest. GGs to all SplatGAF I played against.

Azure J

Damn, everyone in here really committed to the grind and made King/Queen real fast. I'm here wanting to experiment more with based Octobrush and watch this EVO salty suite. I could get Queen in about another half hour but I'm kinda tired. :lol

Heng

Awwws yeah!

GAF grudge match!

Heng's roller coaster just got derailed by the time2krill slide crew!
Thanks to you, I had to suffer through another match. -_- GG though, I was too busy looking for you the entire match and a roller snuck up on me at the end.

Azure J

This game needs a serious patch I love it but the online is s pain sometimes. I'm even on a wired connection

Wired here as well and I agree. Funnily enough, my experience has been mostly good this early in the Splatfest's life. I had one hyper laggy Aerospray and Krak-On Roller in my rooms earlier that contributed to two of my five losses, but it's been good otherwise.

Thanks to you, I had to suffer through another match. -_- GG though, I was too busy looking for you the entire match and a roller snuck up on me at the end.

yeah gg

I kept getting chased by a sniper and at first I thought it was you

then after I dodged 5 snipes in a row I figured there was no way it was you. lol

Wired here as well and I agree. Funnily enough, my experience has been mostly good this early in the Splatfest's life. I had one hyper laggy Aerospray and Krak-On Roller in my rooms earlier that contributed to two of my five losses, but it's been good otherwise.
Those are the worst

Somehow my losing streak ended. Ended up teaming up with two decent players; we won like 70% of our matches, we struggled to win every time, but I prefer winning like that instead of keep losing. I'm still a water slide champion but tomorrow after my class I'll play again.

I have the impression that team roller coaster may be the most popular election...

MrPanic

Wait, there's a splatfest going on? Is it worldwide? How long does it last? Gotta go sleep right now so maybe I can still catch some of it tomorrow.

Heng

Wait, there's a splatfest going on? Is it worldwide? How long does it last? Gotta go sleep right now so maybe I can still catch some of it tomorrow.
It ends tomorrow at midnight EDT I think.

And it's worldwide or at least happening for US and EU.

This is my first Splatfest-- I didn't have the Wii U during the postponed first one.

So far I've had two 0.1% wins, and a 3 vs. 4 victory with a great core team, with whom I made to Champion. And then I got an error. Taking a bit of a break for now.

Darn, I wanted to help my teammates get to king status before I went to bed, but I got errored out. D= Well, two of them were close to king and 1 needed maybe 12 more games to win for it.

First thoughts on the Octobrush:

- Swing speed cap is waaaaay lower, you only need to mash half as fast to reach the best swing speed.

- Roll path is twice as wide but a bit slower.

- Ink consumption is way higher on the flick, uncomfortably high. No higher on the roll.

- It seems to be able to kill in two hits at point blank range randomly, I'm assuming it is to do with how many ink splats actually connect. However with the lower swing speed if you only kill in 3 hits it doesn't seem it'll kill any quicker than the IB.

- Ink spread from a standing flick is the same, however it has a glaring weakness. Where the IB can form a perfect cone of ink in the flick range from a few presses, the OB coverage is patchier as it misses certain areas. This is concerning since it might mean splashes you'd expect to hit the enemy will miss.

Inkbrush coverage after a few swings:

Octobrush coverage after a few swings:

I need to give it a thorough test in battle before making a judgement, but currently I'm not sure the advantages over the IB are enough to make up for the new weaknesses.

My random team of Gristo, Rune & DJ made for an unstoppable tidal wave, too bad we'll never be a team again cause we had such good synergy. Me with the Nzap 89' doing the lords work along with their custom blaster, gold dynamo roller and custom jet squelcher. Got to 22 wins before we broke up. Just need 30 more points to hit Queen but I can do that later today ;P
GO TEAM WATER SLIDES!

MlWA77z0PUoWBxXhtA

mo60

Has anyone played a lot of their splatfest matches on bluefin depot? I seem to be getting this map a lot more than the other two maps when I play in the splatfest for some odd reason. Also reached water slide king. It took about 5 hours with breaks inbetween.

Azure J

And done!

I probably would have ended with a 27 game streak if I didn't run into three laggy ass Krak-On rollers who got into the base on Bluefin back to back to back. On the other hand, nothing is as satisfying as splatting things from long distances away. I had this one match where I consistently outgunned this E-Liter who never got a chance to set up. The final tally for me was 11-2 and he had a total of 0-7 and I'm convinced I was responsible for all 7 of those KOs. :lol

I'm terrified of a fully set up E-Liter, that's why I hunt them.

A huge storm woke me up at 5am, so I decided to pop on and see how Splatfest was going

...who are these people playing at 5am or earlier??
I haven't had much of a reason to pull an all-nighter recently, so Splatfest seemed like a decent enough excuse! Also, remember, even when you limit the region to just the Americas, we still span several timezones.

Anyways, I take back my previous statement about Team Rollercoasters being tough; I finally started getting some better matchups and got to my hawtest "SO HAWT" yet! I think Team Waterslides might actually have this after all!

Has anyone played a lot of their splatfest matches on bluefin depot? I seem to be getting this map a lot more than the other two maps when I play in the splatfest for some odd reason. Also reached water slide king. It took about 5 hours with breaks inbetween.

It might just be the RNG. I had like five games of Saltspray Rig during my Defender rounds.

King, finally, and time for a longer break. I might go back later to dick around with random weapons. Did the whole thing with a 52 Gal, which was quite fun. Where is GWX?

noshten

Alright guys I'm awake, Team Waterslides for the win.

Going to be playing just charger and octobrush in this splatfest.

Good luck to all

MouldyK

After playing MH4U for 2 weeks mostly, I was like "Hmm, Rocket League seems fun, I could buy that on Steam"...

...then I realised I still got Splatoon.

#TeamEat prepping for duty!

Top Bottom