• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Doorman

Ahh, nothing feels quite like sharing a "Booyah!" with a teammate after successfully executing a solid zone defense.

...And then that feeling is immediately gone now because a comm error just lost me the room.

DaBoss

I had the best team ever. Some people named SirViper, Toni, and Gorlion, especially SirViper. He/she was using the .96 Gal and when someone is using a weapon with Echolocator during Splatfest, you know they know what they are doing. The other two were using the Carbon Roller and the Hero Roller.

Our team had so much synergy, we never lost a game. Saltspray especially highlighted this. Me and Viper would rush to the top, I would head to the top and paint, while Viper fended off any enemies trying to head to the top.

We eventually got disconnected cause comm error. :(

ngower

I had the best team ever. Some people named SirViper, Toni, and Gorlion, especially SirViper. He/she was using the .96 Gal and when someone is using a weapon with Echolocator during Splatfest, you know they know what they are doing. The other two were using the Carbon Roller and the Hero Roller.

Our team had so much synergy, we never lost a game. Saltspray especially highlighted this. Me and Viper would rush to the top, I would head to the top and paint, while Viper fended off any enemies trying to head to the top.

We eventually got disconnected cause comm error. :(

Teams/clans or something to that effect is going to be huge for this game.

I've had a couple of beautiful alliances like that before on Saltspray, myself rushing up to the top of Saltspray and painting the entire area while one of the roller guys hangs around the + shape and fends the enemy off. I dunno what it is about Splatfest but the matchmaking just seems to pair you with well synced teams far more often than normal.

Totakeke

I've had a couple of beautiful alliances like that before on Saltspray, myself rushing up to the top of Saltspray and painting the entire area while one of the roller guys hangs around the + shape and fends the enemy off. I dunno what it is about Splatfest but the matchmaking just seems to pair you with well synced teams far more often than normal.

If you don't quit the lobby you stay with people who also decided to stay. If you jump around I'm pretty sure you'll have worse teams because good teams tend to stick together.

Moonlight

Banned
MlWA77z4zNgVGf_Inj

Managed to get here last night, and immediately crashed. Was an... interesting experience, in hindsight. Finally ran with a team of reasonably decent people and we won a lot of games straight, so shout-outs to Zachirus and Tristen for being a pretty good team. Unfortunately, our fourth member kept rotating out and we hit a rough patch where we'd only get absolutely awful Octobrush/inkbrush players, so the team eventually split up. The next half of the road to queendom was a lot spottier, but I think I managed to come out positive in the long run.

All in all, saltiest a game has ever made me. Would play again.

phanphare

Banned
Managed to get here last night, and immediately crashed. Was an... interesting experience, in hindsight. Finally ran with a team of reasonably decent people and we won a lot of games straight, so shout-outs to Zachirus and Tristen for being a pretty good team. Unfortunately, our fourth member kept rotating out and we hit a rough patch where we'd only get absolutely awful Octobrush/inkbrush players, so the team eventually split up. The next half of the road to queendom was a lot spottier, but I think I managed to come out positive in the long run.

All in all, saltiest a game has ever made me. Would play again.

man, I love the lobby colors for this splatfest

Finalow

I'm pretty sure that Damage Up works on the new brush, with 3 Damage Up mains and 3 subs I seemingly haven't reached a damage cap yet and it let's you reliable 2HKO from a close distance
any chance that I'll get you with those items in my plaza? >_> Maybe I'll get lucky with Spyke.

Jims

I feel like just finding a team with good situational awareness is the key to Splatfest. These 3 maps are so good for quickly identifying what kind of team you have.

Was floundering through bad team after bad team... Until one round where we were playing a game on Bluefin, and were all pushing toward their area. And then, at the same time as me, 2 of my teammates noticed one of the sides behind us was filling up, and went back to deal with them. Same with Mackerel. They actually notice when we've had a leak. None of us were really putting up super-gaudy numbers or getting super spawn-campy, but we were all playing smart. Really satisfying.

I've won more marches in Splatfest now than I did in the entirety of the first Splatfest. Haven't lost one yet, either. Not sure what happened. I'm actually really good at the game and I was super upset having lost almost 20 matches In the first one while winning like 5.
Not sure if it's because this time water slides is more popular so that's why their teams are poorly set up or what

WALKMAN04

I feel like just finding a team with good situational awareness is the key to Splatfest. These 3 maps are so good for quickly identifying what kind of team you have.

Was floundering through bad team after bad team... Until one round where we were playing a game on Bluefin, and were all pushing toward their area. And then, at the same time as me, 2 of my teammates noticed one of the sides behind us was filling up, and went back to deal with them. Same with Mackerel. They actually notice when we've had a leak. None of us were really putting up super-gaudy numbers or getting super spawn-campy, but we were all playing smart. Really satisfying.
Guysloth has asked me to tell you to check miiverse, I assume he messaged you something there
Edit: he told me 12 hours ago so I don't know if you've already talked

what do you play in splatfest? Turf war?

Yeah.

This is bringing up bad memories of my comm error at the height of my team's winning streak.

I´ve made an Excel sheet that helps you find the gear combination for a desired set of skills. Select 6 skills, press the button and the sheet will list the most likely gear combinations to get that skill setup. It works by considering the main skill of every piece of gear and the chance to get a skill as a sub depending on the gear brand.

it can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cT4cxMTtjVNkIyRUJSLW1rRjg/view?usp=sharing
It uses macros so you may get a security warning when you open it.

Any suggestions, comments...are welcome :)

This is really good! I'll test out new loadouts post-Splatfest. Those poor poor sea snails.

Doorman

Shoutouts to GHX and Jenna. I meant to stop playing an hour ago but we were on such a roll I didn't want to just let it stop. Went on a nice long streak before a brief 2-3 loss bump, then a couple more wins and Jenna finally ducked out. Still, that session definitely put me in the positives for win percentage, so nice work team for sticking it to those sliders.

Gotta go for now, though, there's an EVO party to prepare for!

Finally slid into Slide Queen lol. Dunno if I want to continue, don't want to add anymore losses to our side :X

There was a really good .96 Gal Deco user in my last few matches that had a strong K:D ratio along with being at the top of inking. Fyi Paradise, we lost the next match after you left T_T

Doorman

I wonder if they made Special Saver the skill for the splatfest tee because it's...well, one of the worst but most "neutral" skills? Special duration is a bit situational, while other skills might tend to try and promote certain types of play.
I don't know really, I'm just a little annoyed that the forced tee usage kinda breaks several of my normal builds.

This is literally unplayable so far in Europe. Aside from the fact I've had nothing but absolute arse Team Sleep members (seriously, I take the entire North of Saltspray, lay 3 beacons and NOBODY bothers to help?) every single match has either been a full connection drop, myself losing 1-2 team members, paint not appearing for up to 10 seconds or people killing me long beyond the grave.

This is literally unplayable so far in Europe. Aside from the fact I've had nothing but absolute arse Team Sleep members (seriously, I take the entire North of Saltspray, lay 3 beacons and NOBODY bothers to help?) every single match has either been a full connection drop, myself losing 1-2 team members, paint not appearing for up to 10 seconds or people killing me long beyond the grave.

See here's your problem, your team is asleep! :p

DaBoss

At one point there was a 1v4 where my team was the 4. The lobby had only 1 player show up for the other team and it started anyways. The player just stayed at spawn and walked out a bit and walked back in occasionally.

Our team painted all the way to her spawn, and I just decided to squid-kid outside of her spawn and she just joined. Because she had Tenacity, she got the Kraken 3 times lol. And then once the scoring came up, it had given me 4 points because I didn't get to 400p lmao.
Why is it that it occasionally takes more than two direct hits from Burst Bombs to kill? It's stupid.
If you hit someone and the floor at the same time (so you hit their feet), it won't do full damage.

MrPanic

Got the exact opposite experience so far. Great sleeping team, great matches without lag or disconnects. Loving the fact that you can stick with a team in this, had a 10 straight win streak just a moment ago with the same team throughout.

Linkyn

Another 4v1. Didn't even bother to ink his own base on Saltspray. Guess 0.3% is the minimum coverage you get for your spawnzone.

Top Bottom