• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

I finally run with a good team and we manage a three game winning streak and then

COMMUNICATION ERROR

INTERNET PLEASE

Welcome to Splatfest. This happened all the time last time. It makes it really hard to keep a good team together for long :(

Anyway I made water slide champion so I'm done for tonight. My team that had a good winning streak finally lost one game and then I got disconnected from the lobby afterwards.

Also my last game I had three beakons spread around port mackerel and at one point the enemy had splatted all four of us somehow. Cue all of us jumping to my beakons and taking control of the map again. Felt good

edit: lol checking my teammates out in the plaza I realize 2 of my 3 teammates had beakons as well but I was the only one who deployed them. C'mon team.

Well that was pretty productive, made it to 50m points short of King and filled my Splat shirt. Hopefully I'll get home early enough tomorrow to get those last points.

Matchmaking was mostly excellent but I did have a match where we were short a squid. Other than that though not one disconnect which is like a night and day difference from the last Splatfest.

GGs everyone!!!

Edit: And looking above that's exactly what my last Splatfest was like. I couldn't get three matches to go without getting a comm error and other people were saying it was like butter for them. Does Nintendo have some sketchy servers or something?

Robotguy

Well that was pretty productive, made it to 50m points short of King and filled my Splat shirt. Hopefully I'll get home early enough tomorrow to get those last points.

Matchmaking was mostly excellent but I did have a match where we were short a squid. Other than that though not one disconnect which is like a night and day difference from the last Splatfest.

GGs everyone!!!

Edit: And looking above that's exactly what my last Splatfest was like. I couldn't get three matches to go without getting a comm error and other people were saying it was like butter for them. Does Nintendo have some sketchy servers or something?
Spyke runs the servers.

OrochiJR

Guys, when is the Splatfest happening for EU players? Has it already started? On a related note, is there any official place where one can look up the exact times for the Splatfests?

DrStiles

Just went on a 20 win streak for Team Coaster before my team had a guy drop out. At this rate I'll hopefully hit Coaster King before I go to bed :D

Well that is interesting. Started a 4v3 then 2 of my teammates disconnected. I was wondering how we were going to lose this match when we had more players, but I guess tempting fate is a bad idea.

This was before my match vs you SM239.

ryechu

i ahd a rollercoaster vs coaster game. they should remove saltspray from turf war. I would be 30 percent less salty f i didint had that map. I lost 3 out of the first 22 games with my first team but becaus the ywere saltspray games i left. Now im regretting it.

Azure J

So out of ~25+ matches, I lost 5. Rad.

Also Splatfest needs to be over so I can experiment more with Octobrush. If two damage ups = death in two swings, I need to see what three can do. I also need to figure out some cool new gear configs. Might actually take the cue from DaBoss and forego Ink Resist just for wilder combinations.

Seriously J, I'm with you... minus the "as soon as I hit Queen". I stopped playing Splatoon as soon as a match started.

SF4 is so much fun to watch. Holy shit.

I've had the SF4 stream up while playing and MANNNNN, I kinda wish I had prioritized EVO in places. :lol

Well, looks like I'm playing Splatoon for 1 more hour for the last 22 points until water Slide King at the rate my match making experience is going by.

#waterslides!!

That being said, I got paired nto 5-6 games where there's only 2-3 players on the roller coaster side. Kinda feel bad for them.

Hail your Water Slide King!

I got super lucky and was paired with two really good teams that stuck around for almost the entire thing. I think we only lost 6 games or something.

Geg

Moray is a new map? Is it fun?
I love it, kind of annoying if the other team has a charger and you don't but it's a ton of fun to play on imo
The first time was the hypest match ever. I was dissapointed to see only 3 of us start out, but then I decided I was going to win anyways. Then I played pretty much perfectly the entire match and we pulled it off.

The fact that you really have to play perfectly to win those really sucks, in my 3v4 today we held most of Bluefin for most of the match, but with one minute left two of us got splatted by the same roller and that was it, there's no recovering after that.

Top Bottom