• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Japan's third fest with pic.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/622224898400743424
CKKWPtdVAAA5P1U.jpg

Callie's lemon tea and Marie's milk tea.

White ink incoming?

StAidan

Ugh haven't won a game yet this morning. My teammates are all low level or get disconnected. Just went 12/4 on port mackerel and I was the only one to get any splats at all.

OryoN

Man, missing all the fun. Gotta work. Gonna be home late, may only get a few games in like last time. Guess I'll have to settle for "defender" rank again, and 10 snails. :(

So far I haven't seen any same team games in the US Splatfest, but that might mean Roller Coasters are less popular. On the other hand, last night I went 5-3. Since this morning, I've gone 15-0 on different teams. I'm not that good, so I don't know what on earth is going on.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm pretty sure that Damage Up works on the new brush, with 3 Damage Up mains and 3 subs I seemingly haven't reached a damage cap yet and it let's you reliable 2HKO from a close distance

Zing

Banned
Played a bit more this morning. Won every match but one, losing only a total of three so far. I'm about 20% into champion rank now. Just running the .96 Gal to hunt brushers and keep everyone honest.

The damage cap varies per weapon?
All weapons have a minimum hits to KO hard coded into the game.

On the other hand, last night I went 5-3. Since this morning, I've gone 15-0 on different teams. I'm not that good, so I don't know what on earth is going on.
I suspect anyone "gamer" enough to be posting on an Internet forum is in the top 10% of overall skill and experience with this game. Everyone here should be winning virtually every match with average teammates.

noshten

Guess team Water Slide is more popular this Splat Fest, just had a match against another Water Slide Team.

Anyhow playing with haes, yalist and coffgirl and we are dominating.

How long did it take you guys to reach King/Queen? I'm stuck at work until the evening and I want to maximize my time.

Y'all are some rich motherfuckers too.

Man so watching street fighter pools until late last night logged on to play splatoon and went 2-8 and man the salt was real a few times it was 3 vs 4 I l just ended up shutting off my wii u

salt-gif.37142

Zing

Banned
I figure I will hit King in about four hours total, at worst, factoring in potential losses. I have 2.5 hours so far, and I'll be King with 15 more wins.

Mr. Doop

God damnit, I'm terrible at this game. Just played about 20 matches this morning and only won twice. One of those wins was because my team had more players.

Totakeke

Alright, if the last splatfest is any indication, this will be mostly a good event to practice weapons.

I guess I'll go with the squiffer and the dynamo.

Doorman

Well that was interesting. Saw a character's super-jump landing icon literally start moving around before they'd landed. Some lag shenanigans with the mackerel forklift, I suppose.

Sendou

Well that was interesting. Saw a character's super-jump landing icon literally start moving around before they'd landed. Some lag shenanigans with the mackerel forklift, I suppose.

That can happen in stages with moving platforms. Has caught me by surprise more than once!

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn so far it feels like I'm being paired with nothing but children for Team Water slide. Compared to last night, the amount of good players have been night and day.

ngower

I'm having dreams about this game. HELP!

Does anyone else feel like Turf War should be a ranked mode as well? Because I love turf war, but I feel like so many really crappy players opt for deathmatch when playing Turf War. I'm always in the ~1100-1200 range whereas everyone else is like 700-800s. I want a challenging turf war consistently.

Doorman

I'm having dreams about this game. HELP!

Does anyone else feel like Turf War should be a ranked mode as well? Because I love turf war, but I feel like so many really crappy players opt for deathmatch when playing Turf War. I'm always in the ~1100-1200 range whereas everyone else is like 700-800s. I want a challenging turf war consistently.

Even in a turf war it can be handy to have a "slayer" on your team, provided they're actually good enough to fulfill that role. Keeping enemy numbers down makes it that much easier for the rest of the team to ink without issue. That can't be the main focus of the entire team, however.

Aaaand another comm error. Darn, we had a pretty good vibe going with that group, too.

ngower

Even in a turf war it can be handy to have a "slayer" on your team, provided they're actually good enough to fulfill that role. Keeping enemy numbers down makes it that much easier for the rest of the team to ink without issue. That can't be the main focus of the entire team, however.

Aaaand another comm error. Darn, we had a pretty good vibe going with that group, too.

Oh for sure. I tend to paint as much as possible, get my bubbler, and then aggressively drive into their base and take them out. Almost always results in three kills before I'm taken out. Most games I end 7 or 8 and 1. It's not like someone going 14-0, but it is still pretty aggressive. I just hate when you see someone obviously running into a terrible situation, or if you trust that someone's got your back and you keep on moving, only to die like five seconds later because they just mosied on by the enemy.

I know voice chat would be awful most of the time, but it'd help so much to have it in certain situations just to coach people on what they should be doing when they're making glaringly obvious (and costly) mistakes.

I actually dreamed that there was a Team Deathmatch mode revealed for Ranked.

I was upset both because that was an interesting dream and the fact that I actually dreamed of Splatoon.

So, funny thing I've been doing as a Charger is actually taking the time to charge and shoot the Kraken if I have enough space behind me, swim back a bit, charge and shoot, etc. They usually get stopped in their tracks because of the knockback nerf.

StAidan

Damn so far it feels like I'm being paired with nothing but children for Team Water slide. Compared to last night, the amount of good players have been night and day.

Yeah, I don't even feel like playing right now, keep getting matched with teammates who group up to defend the south end of Saltspray. I'm usually a pretty easygoing player but I've been yelling at my TV all morning. I'm gonna break for a while and maybe try again in a few hours.

-Horizon-

I don't know who Kellen, Cloud, and Jojo are but I want to salute them. Had the best matches with them and probably the best teammates I've had so far in the game. I regrettfully had to stop playing early but I will not forget them. Never have I seen a team more in sync with each other. Thank you for helping me get to the rank of defender.

Top Bottom