• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Water Slide Queen.

Need to get a new team, all of the good people from my original morning team left.

Just had a pretty crazy fight in one of my matches.
Octobrush is in my face
I Kraken, he counter krakens. He pushes me off stage. I somehow end up on the outside wall off the stage climb back up and kill him when he times out.
Was hype.

WALKMAN04

Water Slide Queen.

Need to get a new team, all of the good people from my original morning team left.

Just had a pretty crazy fight in one of my matches.
Octobrush is in my face
I Kraken, he counter krakens. He pushes me off stage. I somehow end up on the outside wall off the stage climb back up and kill him when he times out.
Was hype.
You supposed to go on the bad teams though, if I see my team can win without me I quit and find a team to carry. It ends up being more wins for the team, most likely

Geg

I can't really carry teams on my own, especially not on Saltspray. I need at least one more competent person if we're gonna carry two bad teammates

Ansatz

God this is making me so salty right now, not one single player on Team Sleep attempts to take the North part of Saltspray, and we lose. Every single time. Like I brush right up there, lay a sneaky sprinkler and set a big ink barrier to hold the other team off as long as possible, yet nobody helps me.

Edit: 2v4 again, this time with the entire team spawn camping me. Absolutely unplayable with the connection "stability". And now 3 "unable to connect" messages in a row.

So true, nobody from team sleep comes to contest for upper mid on saltspray at the start of a game and I'm surprised everytime.

In terms of voting it seems much closer this time, out of 20 games only 3 were eat vs eat. Now I'm slighly worried because my hunch initially was that the x2 factor for wins will decide the splatfest in favor of team sleep but we'll see if you can get the win ratio up to 53-54%

WALKMAN04

You know there is bad lag when you kill someone, it never shows that I splatted them, then they respawn come back and I splat them again. There name then shows up twice lol

Violet_0

Banned
any chance that I'll get you with those items in my plaza? >_> Maybe I'll get lucky with Spyke.

sure, but they ain't anything special
hat with Damage Up main, 2 Special Duration and 1 Special Charge Up sub
shirt with Damage Up Main, 2 Damage Up subs and the Superjump sub <- might be worthwhile if you get the right subs
boots with Damage Up Main, 1 Damage Up sub and 2 Squid Speed subs

also got a shirt with Special Charge Up 3 Damage Up subs if you want to try your luck

Why is it that it occasionally takes more than two direct hits from Burst Bombs to kill? It's stupid.

I think AoE damage sometimes is calculated correctly when there's lag. I've noticed this a lot with bombs and blasters

Splatfest definitely isn't the best time to be seeing Bluefin for the first time.

Oh well. I think I got a positive W-L record for Waterslides for the most part. I'm getting better with my Jet Squelcher. I'm starting to consistently end up as one of the top two ink-spreaders on my team whenever I play, but other people who really know what their doing can hand my ass to me consistently. I think I need to start playing with some of you guys to up my game.

50/99

Glad my win count is much higher than my losses. Unlike the first splatfest.

Gonna take a break and get to queen roller coaster later tonight.

WALKMAN04

Splatfest definitely isn't the best time to be seeing Bluefin for the first time.

Oh well. I think I got a positive W-L record for Waterslides for the most part. I'm getting better with my Jet Squelcher. I'm starting to consistently end up as one of the top two ink-spreaders on my team whenever I play, but other people who really know what their doing can hand my ass to me consistently. I think I need to start playing with some of you guys to up my game.
Feel free to send me a friend request, I'm usually one of the most active members. I'll make room for you On my friends list. NNid is my gaf name

Edit: just tell me who you are on the friend request

Yeah I know this time around my W/L ratio is way way higher than it was for the last one so I feel good in thinking waterslides are gonna win. But for the popular vote I think it's gonna go to coasters.

Queen/King is after champion right? I only played a few matches for the first one. I want to try to hit max, even though I just lost my good team . :(

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
MlWA77z7JtcRHpjwo1

That took needlessly long due to terrible teams. So many matches lost (even badly) when I had 1000-1200p. Still fun. Didn't get to play any the first one since I was busy with the holiday weekend.

Jims

King achieved. Splatfest is Splatfest.

It's kinda funny, though, when your whole team disbands after one loss. Won something like 10 in a row with a team, and then we had a bad round on Saltspray, and everyone left. Where is the loyalty and camaraderie, man? We were even Booyah'ing after wins.

Major props to DoS Cherry, Luke and Merchant, their teamwork towards the end was absolutely phenomenal. If I ran straight for the north of Saltspray they'd quickly take all key ground up to it, then help defend me with a volley of inkstrikes as I took total control of the north.

Africanus

This Splatfest was originally very annoying, but all of that changed when I decided "I'm having a bad streak anyways, why not try a new weapon type?"

And in that hour, Africanus fate changed as he tried the Jet squelcher for the first time. My god is this weapon great. Its long range suits my play style, it has a nice special in the kraken, not too much ink depletion. And people under estimate the range too often, so they charge and can't touch me.

Some of the better moments were making the enemy afraid to leave their base at Port Mackarel because they would get splatted.

Had a good team going of two rollers and two squelchers. That means quad-Kraken squad.

WALKMAN04

King achieved. Splatfest is Splatfest.

It's kinda funny, though, when your whole team disbands after one loss. Won something like 10 in a row with a team, and then we had a bad round on Saltspray, and everyone left. Where is the loyalty and camaraderie, man? We were even Booyah'ing after wins.
During the last splatfest I ran with this team of low levels like the lowest was 7 and highest like 15, we won like 20+ straight games with me carrying them then we lost 1 game and they all quit, I have never felt so betrayed in my life

Robotguy

Major props to DoS Cherry, Luke and Merchant. Finally hit Eternal Sleeping rank and their teamwork towards the end was absolutely phenomenal. If I ran straight for the north of Saltspray they'd quickly take all key ground up to it, then help defend me with a volley of inkstrikes.
Eternal Sleeping Girl.
That's kinda dark.

Robotguy

This Splatfest was originally very annoying, but all of that changed when I decided "I'm having a bad streak anyways, why not try a new weapon type?"

And in that hour, Africanus fate changed as he tried the Jet squelcher for the first time. My god is this weapon great. Its long range suits my play style, it has a nice special in the kraken, not too much ink depletion. And people under estimate the range too often, so they charge and can't touch me.

Some of the better moments were making the enemy afraid to leave their base at Port Mackarel because they would get splatted.

Had a good team going of two rollers and two squelchers. That means quad-Kraken squad.
Custom Jet is a beast. And if you add two DMG up you have a bomb-shoot combo, which makes you more dangerous in close range.

Glad to see someone else pick up the Custom Jet Squelcher :) It's my favorite weapon set, though I tend to be more consistent with other weapons. Learning to incorporate Burst Bombs into your attacks will be really important, though admittedly I usually just try to zone out enemies as much as possible.

I forgot you could find people by checking the recently played with list.
The thing, though, is it's so limited! It only goes back so far; I couldn't even find people I had played with at the beginning of the night once it turned morning... I also wish the "recently played with" list was extensible by the games that show up in it, so I could see if the Miis appearing on it were on Team Waterslide or Team Rollercoaster if I played with them during Splatfest, for example...

Top Bottom