• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Ahnez

MlWA77z6GK8I1LWWh_

lol

edit. Dat exclamation tho.. :p

Finalow

sure, but they ain't anything special
hat with Damage Up main, 2 Special Duration and 1 Special Charge Up sub
shirt with Damage Up Main, 2 Damage Up subs and the Superjump sub <- might be worthwhile if you get the right subs
boots with Damage Up Main, 1 Damage Up sub and 2 Squid Speed subs

also got a shirt with Special Charge Up 3 Damage Up subs if you want to try your luck
that shirt with 3 damage ups sounds good, how do I get you in my plaza though? :<

You think so? Haven't encountered a decent team in two hours now.
it's not about the skill, it's about the number of people that is on team eating. there are many more people there unless the mm is fucked up.

You get the last title after getting the 99 points :p
oh I thought this was the last one. oh well

TheJoRu

Got weird audio bug(?) while in the plaza. The music was absent, while the Squid Sisters vocals were still there (music came back after leaving the plaza and returning again).

https://youtu.be/I8RlChWM8qo

Don't know why, but the lack of music made the atmosphere more soothing in a way. Really liked it.

it's not about the skill, it's about the number of people that is on team eating. there are many more people there unless the mm is fucked up.

I quit a game, joined another and got matched with a guy that I'd just been playing with a fair few times during my matches. There is definitely less Team Sleep than Team Eat.

I can't do this anymore. lol I swear team water slide is brain dead, they don't understand the concept of defending whatsoever. Got my Queen rank so that's it for me.

phanphare

Banned
man, I'm taking care of fucking business with the splattershot jr

either the matchmaking is different for splatefests, which seems likely, or NoA players really are worse than other territories. which is also likely.

Azure J

I can't do this anymore. lol I swear team water slide is brain dead, they don't understand the concept of defending whatsoever. Got my Queen rank so that's it for me.

Early morning Team Water Slide was absolutely beastly. Midday Team Water Slide is making me fear that we're going to lose the skill test. :lol

Heng

I literally had the worst teammates ever... none of them tried to come to the top and help me, and when I looked at what my teammates were doing in the bottom, 2 of my teammates were painting the ground while the enemy Sprinkler on top of the box just painted over what they just did. This happened for a good 20 seconds before the enemy came down and ended them. Just how dumb do you have to be to let a sprinkler out paint you?

Not feeling good about Water Slides.
My teammates never do anything and I barely get matches.

Most of my teammates lately are setting up camp at the base and letting the party come to them.

It's definitely tough sledding for Team Waterslide... I've had some wins, but rarely consecutively.

Early morning Team Water Slide was absolutely beastly. Midday Team Water Slide is making me fear that we're going to lose the skill test. :lol

Have to agree with this, morning waterslide was just steamrollling.
Competition got tougher around 1PM EST.
Good god what happened to our water?! Did we evaporate?

StAidan

OK, Water Slide King title acquired. I'm done for today. You would think Splatfest couldn't possibly be more aggravating than normal randoms, but somehow the matchmaking manages to do it.

All day long, I was getting teammates who:

- Prioritized the south area of Saltspray above all else, even though all 4 enemies were attempting to take the north from me

- Couldn't manage to hold one side of Bluefin between the three of them while I held the other side alone

- Filed like lemmings down the Port hallways while snipers and inkzookas picked them off multiples at a time

Now, I don't really blame the players for this, for the most part. I blame being matched with largely sub-15 players who have far less experience than I do (and I don't even consider myself that good).

Anyway, I won probably 20% of my games. Never even managed to reach SO HAWT! status, because I hit a losing streak every time I got to 6.0. Looking forward to the return to normal battle modes tomorrow.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Spend a good 20-30 seconds putting up beacons on Saltspray Rig, teammate decides to spawn on me as I'm in a heated battle, I die, which leads to his death.

Why? Could've been so much easier if you just used the beacon I carefully hid.

Always I had a mindblown.gif moment on Saltspray. At the top of the map there is a moving crane that you can jump onto which can lead to crates otherwise not accessible. Had no idea this whole time. More beacon spots for my teammates to not use.

Ahnez

While some of my teammates today were among the worst I've ever seen, there was one team that was easily the best one I had since I started playing

After a while, we started using an actual strategy to play lol

We advanced in 2 2-person teams, slowy and without allowing the other team to reclaim important parts of the map (and since I had echolocator, it was almost always very easy to take them down lol)

We got a 11 win streak, most of them with 75%+, until the entire room gets an comm error :p

I love you, fellow strangers <3

All day long, I was getting teammates who:

- Prioritized the south area of Saltspray above all else, even though all 4 enemies were attempting to take the north from me

- Couldn't manage to hold one side of Bluefin between the three of them while I held the other side alone

I really, really cannot comprehend how almost everyone seems to reach level 20 without having a clue how to actually play these two maps. Like, do they not comprehend the concept of size? The north of Saltspray is much bigger, therefore more important. As for Bluefin, man, for some reason you'll always get 7 players fighting over one side of the map for 2 mins while one lone guy had the entire other side to himself.

Spend a good 20-30 seconds putting up beacons on Saltspray Rig, teammate decides to spawn on me as I'm in a heated battle, I die, which leads to his death.

Pssh, nobody uses beacons. I straight up switched back off the Octobrush because everyone would prefer to spawn on me and then die immediately than use the 3 safe beacons in the area.

Crayolan

Always I had a mindblown.gif moment on Saltspray. At the top of the map there is a moving crane that you can jump onto which can lead to crates otherwise not accessible. Had no idea this whole time. More beacon spots for my teammates to not use.

You can just ink the crates and climb up.

Robotguy

Saltspray rig
10/0
At the top defending the entire time and painting when I think it's safe to do so. Spam comeon multiple times. 1 guy decides to warp to me and the go straight down to the bottom. Lose.
Two teammates are 0/5 and 0/4.
Fuck my life.

JonnyKong

I just came on to say a very similar story that I got incredibly lucky and put with a great crew for team sleep. We were just, phenomenol. Easily the best games I've had since I bought the game. We won 12 in a row, then I noticed two of them left so of course I had to leave as well.

I hope we did Team Sleep proud.

Now I'm going to sleep. Night all.

I personally like starting my rig matches going south if only to pull an enemy with me while the rest of the team goes north and after they're splatted then I'll rejoin the rest. Other than that it's only good as a last second rush for turf.

Robotguy

Put a sprinkler on the crane for maximum painting.

Geg

Wait really? I'm pretty sure everything the crane leads to is accessible normally

Violet_0

Banned
that shirt with 3 damage ups sounds good, how do I get you in my plaza though? :<

we've got to play a game, then I should appear on your plaza

the video quality is good. Have you considered using the Splat Charger? You might find the splat bombs more useful than the sprinkler
That's what makes Splatfest boring, no competition. I only do it to get the snails.
the other problem is that you just play with and against randoms all day long, on the same three maps, and always Turf War. And of course the matchmaking is wacky, throwing players with vastly different skill levels in the same lobby is just not going to make anyone happy

Rize_21

And done. Last match ended vs a lonely #TeamSleep fan, we traded ink to increase our cash, that's a cool inkling!
Wish they'd add some sort of goodies (like this) to unlock in game during the splatfest.

Geg

Oh god my current really good team just played a team full of mostly sub-level 10s. I kind of felt bad, I was running rather than swimming around the map

edit: Disconnected from them :( We had really good synergy too

atr0cious

This Splatfest was originally very annoying, but all of that changed when I decided "I'm having a bad streak anyways, why not try a new weapon type?"
This was my thought process. I emerged from the crucible, Octobrush in hand, a stronger player. Also had one fucking great team. 3 level 20s and a level 8 took on the heretical vomit enablers, and purified a small part of Booyeah Base.

Mr. Patch

First time I've played since the last Splatfest and I walk right into another Splatfest. It's a shame the inferior Water Slides took my favorite color

When I first played today I managed to find a team where everyone felt in synch and did really well in until I got a communication error.

Ever since then, it feels like I've been bouncing between teams that I've been having trouble synchronizing with. The constant 3 vs. 4 matches haven't been helping, either. =/

Top Bottom