• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Linkyn

I don't understand why someone would go afk halfway through a game, get a lower score than a disconnect, and then have the gall to stay in the lobby.

Man, I'm going back to the Inkbrush. Not one single person so far has used any of my laid beacons, preferring instead to jump directly to me when I'm next to one, and give away my hiding place.

Edit: Oh, look another disconnection. May as well just keep on making me fight solo game, you're that intent on having Team Sleep as 2v4 every match.

NeoRausch

dvs47.jpg

:)

Jims

Guysloth has asked me to tell you to check miiverse, I assume he messaged you something there
Edit: he told me 12 hours ago so I don't know if you've already talked

Thanks for the heads-up. I hadn't looked yet.

GuySloth is a really nice (and knowledgeable!) fellow.

Zing

Banned
Just had two players disconnect so I'm just standing idle at spawn. This is a first. I blame american ISPs.

Too bad because this team kicked butt in last match.

I noticed pre-Splatfest (in EU so going on elsewhere) I could not play ranked at all so I wonder if the game servers are under strain.

This is literally unplayable so far in Europe. Aside from the fact I've had nothing but absolute arse Team Sleep members (seriously, I take the entire North of Saltspray, lay 3 beacons and NOBODY bothers to help?) every single match has either been a full connection drop, myself losing 1-2 team members, paint not appearing for up to 10 seconds or people killing me long beyond the grave.
Sums it up for me really although I was the one getting disconnected. Shame my first Splatfest has gotten off to such a bad foot. Especially the Saltspray part. I laid no beacons being a .96 gal person, died in the last 30 seconds then was shocked to see how much of the map was painted in the eat team colour. Like what the rest of my team even doing?
Sleeping?

I also saw lots of rollers trying to paint every single inch of our base. Also some of these players were pretty high level. I know level/=/skill but you would think they would figure that such things are fairly unconstructive.

I managed to win/play enough to get to Super but how much more of this do I need to do to reach King.

Heng

I'm pretty sure that Damage Up works on the new brush, with 3 Damage Up mains and 3 subs I seemingly haven't reached a damage cap yet and it let's you reliable 2HKO from a close distance
I've actually experimented a lot with the brush in the testing grounds, and I could 2 shot without any damage up. Each swing will lay out 5 patches of ink, and you need to land 6 of those patches to 2 shot without damage up. With 1 main damage up and 4 sub damage up (stupid splatfest won't let me put on my real shirt), you only need to 5 patches to iill. It seems it extends your 1 shot range in a way since it requires less hits for it to kill.

DrStiles

Finally hit Coaster King. Took me a little bit to find a good team again this afternoon but it shall be worth it when Team Roller Coaster takes our rightful place as Splatfest winners.

Now to start leveling up some gear and keeping the wins going.

CKN40EhVEAAVhHc.jpg

God if I wanted a win I had to carry my last damn team to the finishline. 11/1 on Depot with the most turf inked. Still have a 21 win streak but meh.

Guamu

WTF

Last splatfest i had a 22W-3L record (I counted because of the streak)

This time I won once. Can't beat those damn brushes

Heng

Why is it that it occasionally takes more than two direct hits from Burst Bombs to kill? It's stupid.
It should only take 2 direct hits to kill. It's probably lag and you're either getting a direct hit and an indirect hit. I've noticed that lag can cause it to not count it as a direct hit when the enemy is lagging, even if it's a direct hit on your screen.

Well played two matches this splatfest before the battery on my gamepad died.

Now I just need to wait until the replacement charging cord comes in since my God damn cats chewed through the old one.

Robotguy

Liked the brush I was teamed with lastnight better. Dude took paths that were much easier to swim in.
Well played two matches this splatfest before the battery on my gamepad died.

Now I just need to wait until the replacement charging cord comes in since my God damn cats chewed through the old one.
#teamdog still winning.

Geg

Liked the brush I was teamed with lastnight better. Dude took paths that were much easier to swim in.

That reminds me of your post about following his path up to the top of saltspray but I don't really get the point in doing that. Like why not let him go up there while you paint as much as you can in the lower areas then jump to him when you see he's made it

God this is making me so salty right now, not one single player on Team Sleep attempts to take the North part of Saltspray, and we lose. Every single time. Like I brush right up there, lay a sneaky sprinkler and set a big ink barrier to hold the other team off as long as possible, yet nobody helps me.

Edit: 2v4 again, this time with the entire team spawn camping me. Absolutely unplayable with the connection "stability". And now 3 "unable to connect" messages in a row.

I think i'm going to stop super jumping again because every time I did like 9/10 times I was already dead. Though once I did get the jump on the ones camping my zone and splatted them instead.

Zing

Banned
WTF

Last splatfest i had a 22W-3L record (I counted because of the streak)

This time I won once. Can't beat those damn brushes
96 and echolocator.

I think i'm going to stop super jumping again because every time I did like 9/10 times I was already dead. Though once I did get the jump on the ones camping my zone and splatted them instead.
I also quit superjumping. If I am in the mood for that, I wear recon clothes. Not many weapons that I would prefer to superjump rather than swim. I only jump now if I am going to a beacon.

Robotguy

That reminds me of your post about following his path up to the top of saltspray but I don't really get the point in doing that. Like why not let him go up there while you paint as much as you can in the lower areas then jump to him when you see he's made it
There's usually someone from the other team close behind him, I take them out and then defend the entrance so he has time to set his beakons and paint.

Azure J

I had the best team ever. Some people named SirViper, Toni, and Gorlion, especially SirViper. He/she was using the .96 Gal and when someone is using a weapon with Echolocator during Splatfest, you know they know what they are doing. The other two were using the Carbon Roller and the Hero Roller.

Our team had so much synergy, we never lost a game. Saltspray especially highlighted this. Me and Viper would rush to the top, I would head to the top and paint, while Viper fended off any enemies trying to head to the top.

We eventually got disconnected cause comm error. :(

I had a run with a squad consisting of a Carbon Roller user named Andy, an Octobrush with amazing situational awareness and a fourth that cycled between OK to decent that usually used shooter weapons when I started my run earlier this morning and I'm telling you,the speed at which we'd take over 60% or more of the turf made the thing feel like one of those GAF vs. World rooms where everyone's getting infinitely spawn camped not because hat was the goal, but because there was nothing else to do/paint. It also didn't help the other team that I unlocked the second Gamecube and had amazing aiming and new strats to test out, most of which were sealing rounds before we even started (seriously though, why was no one playing charger all of this splatfest).

I kinda wish if we could send messages to one another between rounds because I'd definitely have to give Andy and the Octobrusher some props.

man, I love the lobby colors for this splatfest

This purple is so godlike. It also helps that the caps/visors also default to deep blue or purple as a result.

At one point there was a 1v4 where my team was the 4. The lobby had only 1 player show up for the other team and it started anyways. The player just stayed at spawn and walked out a bit and walked back in occasionally.

Our team painted all the way to her spawn, and I just decided to squid-kid outside of her spawn and she just joined. Because she had Tenacity, she got the Kraken 3 times lol. And then once the scoring came up, it had given me 4 points because I didn't get to 400p lmao.

If you hit someone and the floor at the same time (so you hit their feet), it won't do full damage.

Nope, body was hit twice.

I have a feeling that bombs aren't based on where you see the enemy.

Zing

Banned
Saltspray: either your team is smart enough to come to northern area, or you lose.

A shame. This team was great otherwise. A couple people switched out and we ended up with "my first roller" joining.

96 and echolocator.

I also quit superjumping. If I am in the mood for that, I wear recon clothes. Not many weapons that I would prefer to superjump rather than swim. I only jump now if I am going to a beacon.

Beacons are a bit safer to hop to for sure.

MrPanic

Reached charismatic. Tons of good teammates on team sleep, only lost two or three matches on my way to this rank. Maybe I'll go on again later to get those 99 points for the last rank, but I'm pretty content with this splatfest so far.

WALKMAN04

Saltspray: either your team is smart enough to come to northern area, or you lose.

A shame. This team was great otherwise. A couple people switched out and we ended up with "my first roller" joining.
I had a match where I held the entire top part single handedly for the whole 3 minutes went 20-0 lol, there was also a match where the I was holding it the whole time, then thought I was going to lose it, next thing I know my whole team showed up to save me, i was so proud of them. I threw them a booyah and they did it back, that moment was special.

Top Bottom