• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

i start hating the game during splatfest. Why the fuck is team matchamking coming out in aguust and howare stages still every 4 hours instead of a reasonable period of time.

When I first played today I managed to find a team where everyone felt in synch and did really well in until I got a communication error.

Ever since then, it feels like I've been bouncing between teams that I've been having trouble synchronizing with. The constant 3 vs. 4 matches haven't been helping, either. =/

I was just thinking the same. Things were going like clockwork earlier and I was on a huge winning streak. My teammates and I were doing a great job of reading each others moves. We'd cover each other when needed but usually just trusted the other to do their thing. If I saw a guy going to the left, I'd cover turf to the right, and they would do the same.

Since this afternoon it's been really spotty. I just had four matches on Saltspray where, no matter how many times I spammed "C'mon!" I couldn't get people up to the north end. In one match one guy stayed there the entire game. He was moving around but barely covering any ground. Then I'd start covering turf and have teammates behind me not swimming, but shooting ink over the ground I'd already covered. We'd just get cornered and lose.

Lucario

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3djo45/results_of_the_rsplatoon_mega_survey/
Reddit's favorite map is Moray and their least favorite one is Port. They're ok in my books

Aerospray MG/RG - 23.6%

qiDjvPg.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Played this late afternoon for an hour and a half with the kiddos. We were team waterslide.

Yeah not many wins even when it was my turn. I did pull out at least 1 so we weren't 0fer.

Dryk

The problem with being in Australia is that I'm literally on the other side of the world to the rest of my Splatfest region.

Ozium

late afternoon team waterslide: played on a team of 3 people four times in a row (all different)

played with people who would spam c'mon 10 feet from the base...

NA worst Splatoon confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/3djo45/results_of_the_rsplatoon_mega_survey/
Reddit's favorite map is Moray and their least favorite one is Port. They're ok in my books

also, something interesting regarding the Splat Fest (the sample size is 4141)
Roller Coasters - 57.9% / Water Slides - 41.8%
Sleeping - 51.1% / Eating - 48.9% - I didn't expect that Sleeping would be leading

Wow Coasters are winning? That's a surprise considering most of the teams I was on were really bad.

Ahnez

also, something interesting regarding the Splat Fest (the sample size is 4141)
Roller Coasters - 57.9% / Water Slides - 41.8%
Sleeping - 51.1% / Eating - 48.9% - I didn't expect that Sleeping would be leading

Interesting results

But still, the sample is veery small and it probably is biased

Well.. Lets see how well it represents the final results :p

Geg

Got to Queen. Got paired with a pretty good Squiffer user who I stayed with for like 15 games straight and won 90% of them. Thanks for all the fun games yama.

edit: I mostly don't like Port because it's really difficult to come back once the enemy has advanced to the big area on your side of the map. Though I liked it during this Splatfest because I was usually on the team who did that

tanooki27

water slide. went on three ridiculous win streaks on my way to queen, felt bad for the roller coaster people. I think they were more popular - and so as a whole not as skilled. dunno if slides'll win overall though

Robotguy

Interesting results

But still, the sample is veery small and it probably is biased

Well.. Lets see how well it represents the final results :p
The sample size is plenty big, but it's not going to be representative because it's just people from Reddit.

What do you guys not like about Bluefin Depot specifically? I think it's a fun map

I like it too, but it's certainly one of the easiest maps for good snipers to camp on.

How did you get all Alex's on your team is a mystery.

What's funny is it was originally two Alex's and some other person, then that person dropped and I got a third Alex.

Then we pretty much ran through Roller Coaster chumps for the rest of the night.

thefro

Got up to Champion, not going to bother grinding to King/Queen or whatever it is.

Still have 3 shells left over from last Splatfest

N-Zap '89 is fantastic, think I'm going to main it in Turf Wars.

WALKMAN04

What?

It's like we're playing completely different games in completely different worlds
There is no competition for me in turf war, if you have ever played with the main members of splatgaf you would see that randoms are rarely near our level. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything but it's not fun winning 95% of your matches with ease and the only times you lose are to laggy people or if your team is down 2 people.
we've got to play a game, then I should appear on your plaza

the video quality is good. Have you considered using the Splat Charger? You might find the splat bombs more useful than the sprinkler

the other problem is that you just play with and against randoms all day long, on the same three maps, and always Turf War. And of course the matchmaking is wacky, throwing players with vastly different skill levels in the same lobby is just not going to make anyone happy
Yeah outside of A+ lobbies I really can't stand randoms sometimes. Splatfest just forces me to play with bad people and it's no fun. I just realized I can finally get around to opening the splatoon amiibos and completing them because I can't play with gaf in my free time now anyway.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I've just never been as big of a fan of MP maps in general that are more like corridors. For example I was never a big fan of Elongation in Halo 2, and I'm not a big fan of Port Mackerel. I tend to prefer stuff like Saltspray Rig instead or Kelp Dome.

I've just never been a fan of tight corridors and confined spaces in shooters. I mean it's the same reason I prefer Ghost Recon vs Rainbow Six.

Effect

I think I'm going to be taking a pass on the next Splatfest. I really don't like playing Turf War anymore or at least during Splatfest. To many people that ignore the map constantly. That has has to be what is happening because I'm off in an area and then suddenly everyone is around me and I look at the map and it's all the other color because other members of the team decided to jump to me instead of actually playing the damn objective and going to other parts of the map. The fact they have to look at the map to jump to me means they see the map being painted, even out home area, and they ignore it. Ugh.

These have to be some of the people that have decided to focus on ranked battles who don't bother playing the objective there either. They seem more interested today in going for kills then winning the match.

WALKMAN04

Question, In the amiibo challenges can I just rush to the end, I've collected all sunken scrolls in the regular story am I supposed to collect anything in these because it doesn't seem like it? I'm just trying to make this as quick as possible.

Geg

Question, In the amiibo challenges can I just rush to the end, I've collected all sunken scrolls in the regular story am I supposed to collect anything in these because it doesn't seem like it? I'm just trying to make this as quick as possible.

Yeah there's nothing to do but get to the end of the stage with the different conditions

Are the results shown instantly after splatfest?
One hour after the end

WALKMAN04

Yeah there's nothing to do but get to the end of the stage with the different conditions
Alright thanks, it's more fun to rush through it anyway. And playing the story reminds me that it has the best song in the game, don't know what it's called but it plays in a few stages, including the third one

Dryk

I really, really cannot comprehend how almost everyone seems to reach level 20 without having a clue how to actually play these two maps. Like, do they not comprehend the concept of size? The north of Saltspray is much bigger, therefore more important. As for Bluefin, man, for some reason you'll always get 7 players fighting over one side of the map for 2 mins while one lone guy had the entire other side to himself.
Even if the south was bigger it's so accessible that trying to take it before the end of the match would still be a waste of time

Top Bottom