• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

backlot

Getting the sub abilities on the gear you want is still tedious since the whole process of,

• put save backup onto usb
  • load Splatoon with usb in
  • go through the announcements every bootup
  • reroll with Spyke
  • then either usb->wii u on good rerolls or wii u->usb on bad rerolls
takes about 4-5 minutes every time
Sure it takes 5 minutes. How long does earning 30k take though?

Violet_0

Banned
He did overextend by going through his wall for a moment. Maybe that's what you saw and you took advantage of it.

hm yes he stepped out for a moment and a second later got splatted. That might or might not have been the reason, I'm not really sure about anything anymore

Geg

This is my first time watching atr0cious's stream videos, it's really neat watching matches I was in from a different perspective

Naar

Im getting frustrated with playing people in ranked. and these are rank B people

Also before i go on my rant, i noticed when i played with mostly A ranked people, the games were much better and more coordinated

There are basic things people would do in a game of either tower control or splat zones

For example, when we are in overtime and we are winning but the tower is left untouched, but as soon as you step on it you win (if you are the leading team) instead i see teammates running around trying to ink stuff away from the tower instead of just jumping on it and ending the game instantly

or in splat zones i see team mates going to other directions in big maps like kelp dome or blue fin depot. First i thought they were just there to ink stuff to get special gauge up quickly, but i never see any specials from them.

These issues would be fixed if there was voice chat.

I am so in love with this game, but there are some pretty anti competitive things placed in this game because nintendo wants to be nintendo

I hope the august update addresses some of these issues

Anyways my point is im just noticing a lot of stupid things people are doing the higher i rank up, which is really weird :/

hm yes he stepped out for a moment and a second later got splatted. That might or might not have been the reason, I'm not really sure about anything anymore
The time between when he stepped back in and when he got splatted looks about right when the ping between us is fairly high. It could also be your upload speed, but I dunno.

WALKMAN04

If I seem to suck, sorry in advance my niece is vey distracting. Needed to get her a popcicle in the middle of the game.
Edit: she also likes to get in front of the TV lol

Geg

Watching more of those videos and oh wow is that why Master A1 is such a beast with the tentatek? He's lagging?

Violet_0

Banned
Watching more of those videos and oh wow is that why Master A1 is such a beast with the tentatek? He's lagging?

it seems he had some problems with his connection yesterday. He got disconnected all the time. He's also really good and a terror with the inkzooka

Naar

wow after i made my post my team went from us being netural and them 2 points to winning, to us making a comeback and getting a knockout win

twice in 2 back to back matches! Were where all these players weeks ago ><!?

Geg

it seems he had some problems with his connection yesterday. He got disconnected all the time. He's also really good and a terror with the inkzooka

Yeah I played some matches last week where he and SM239 were on the same team firing inkzookas all over the place

I hope there's a Splatoon 'New Content Approaching' presentation like the pre-E3 one for Smash. Where it explains the August update in more detail, future plans like more maps, gears, collaborations like the Squid Girl outfit, reprints/second wave of amiibos, and Inklings for Sm4sh since that game also has an August update for tournament play.

WALKMAN04

Incite thank you for squid jumping to me when I died you won the match there

Edit: using the pro without my usual ink saver mains was a bad idea, I'm always out of ink lol

atr0cious

No it's not why he's a beast, but it does help. I just wish I could play against him with out the server crashing or him dropping. He's fun to play against on balanced teams, but can be really frustrating when randoms are in the mix.

Doesn't help, I'm cursed to where no one plays as well on my team as they do against me.

No it's not why he's a beast, but it does help. I just wish I could play against him with out the server crashing or him dropping. He's fun to play against on balanced teams, but can be really frustrating when randoms are in the mix.

Doesn't help, I'm cursed to where no one plays as well on my team as they do against me.

Sorry. D=

I want to learn how to use the squiffer but I'm just struggling in general lol

Just have fun with it. Which one are you using? New or Classic?

I played with you a few weeks ago on your team before I had to feed my son and had the top score. Guess I don't count lol
I even posted in this thread and said good games lol

Geg

It is fun to use. Classic, I think New might be unlocked via single player and I haven't done that yet lol

Yeah the new squiffer comes from the fourth boss.

lol so you haven't unlocked either of the aerosprays or dynamo rollers either?

DaBoss

That was by far the worst death and lag-related thing I have seen. So here I am in the hallway cleaning it up, but my ink isn't laying on the ground, then enemy ink shows up out of no where and then I got killed apparently by Master A1.

I hope there's a Splatoon 'New Content Approaching' presentation like the pre-E3 one for Smash. Where it explains the August update in more detail, future plans like more maps, gears, collaborations like the Squid Girl outfit, reprints/second wave of amiibos, and Inklings for Sm4sh since that game also has an August update for tournament play.

That'd be a cool thing to see. I wonder though if along the August update will they tease any future updates?

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
If your aiming is off, just have fun spamming point sensors at everybody. =P A lot of GAF have great aim and are very aggressive.

I have ok aim, my main problem is that I have to get close to shoot compared to the chargers I am used to, and I'm basically awful at close encounters like that :p

Violet_0

Banned
it's a 4v3, I go 14/0 we still barely managed to win ...

a tip: when you jump down to the center in Moray, use squid form and don't press the jump button, less air time and makes you harder to hit

Quick little fact I just found out, on Arowana Mall the 1 square gratings that you can stand on overlooking the centre bit, if you accidentally (or intentionally) use Kraken on them you fall through to your death, right? Well not quite, you can actually recover from there and get back onto the middle, as soon as you start falling hold towards the wall and you can actually climb back up it in Kraken form.

Top Bottom