• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

woopWOOP

E-litres on Moray bring back some awful TF2 sniper memories

Anyway, think I'm finally getting a bit used to the gyro controls. Still not using the right controlstick for horizontal movement enough tho, sometimes I'm holding the pad completely sideways trying to aim at people :V
Think I'll join you GAF people and get my ass beat now

E-litres on Moray bring back some awful TF2 sniper memories
I'm starting to love seeing them on Moray, all I do is sneak up to the middle, Kraken up the side of the wall and mow them all down, followed by dumping a ton of beacons in hidden locations to keep my team pushing them further and further up the ramps. They literally have no answer to a Kraken.

Getting the sub abilities on the gear you want is still tedious since the whole process of,

• put save backup onto usb
  • load Splatoon with usb in
  • go through the announcements every bootup
  • reroll with Spyke
  • then either usb->wii u on good rerolls or wii u->usb on bad rerolls
takes about 4-5 minutes every time, if you do this, swallow some pride, and do 3-4 rerolls before you do the last step instead of 1 to save time
Wonder if this will catch on and the RNG seed will be the save file checksum or something that effectively rigs rerolls and keeping perpetual dissatification at play.

Quick little fact I just found out, on Arowana Mall the 1 square gratings that you can stand on overlooking the centre bit, if you accidentally (or intentionally) use Kraken on them you fall through to your death, right? Well not quite, you can actually recover from there and get back onto the middle, as soon as you start falling hold towards the wall and you can actually climb back up it in Kraken form.
That could really catch people by surprise. I don't Kraken much though.

I have ok aim, my main problem is that I have to get close to shoot compared to the chargers I am used to, and I'm basically awful at close encounters like that :p

Well, that's what the Squiffer is for. Close range practice for other Chargers or just being ballsy and going ham on everyone that's not a Squelcher/Charger. =P

WALKMAN04

Daboss your beacons were lovely and you knew what I wanted you to do every time, I shoot at you, you know I used your beacon and you replace.then I waited behind the box for you to spawn on me, that's some good teamwork right there

Zing

Banned
I'm finally getting a bit used to the gyro controls. Still not using the right controlstick for horizontal movement enough tho, sometimes I'm holding the pad completely sideways trying to aim at people
I used to be the same way until I turned sensitivity to max.

Apparently, mid-range, high damage guns are a hard counter to Splooshamatic. Ouch.

Me and my custom blaster are coming in, boys.

WALKMAN04

Is the room I was in full, I just went to grab something to eat, now I can't even get in the queue

Edit: I'll try again in like 20-30 minutes just remembered I gotta do something

correojon

So...I spent my 24 snails trying to get Ink Resistance Up+3Ink Recoveries. No luck. I had 3 Damage Ups on those shoes before starting the rerolling :(

Zing

Banned
So...I spent my 24 snails trying to get Ink Resistance Up+3Ink Recoveries. No luck. I had 3 Damage Ups on those shoes before starting the rerolling :(
Are you crazy? Those were perfect charger shoes before you ruined them. :D

Man I sucked with my blaster tonight.

Zing

Banned
I think they would work better with the Blaster. Ink Resistance isn't really necessary for a charger.
Dunno, I rarely find myself touching enemy ink in a situation where I wouldn't die anyway. Blaster requires ability to swim around since running is ungodly slow with Blasters.

In one match with Violet on underpass, I rushed out the right side safely, saw Violet shoot in my direction then face the other way. The ink trail landed far in front of me, two seconds later I popped.

WALKMAN04

Dunno, I rarely find myself touching enemy ink in a situation where I wouldn't die anyway. Blaster requires ability to swim around since running is ungodly slow with Blasters.
This is the reason I don't use ink resistance, I would most likely die anyway, it's only been of use to me with the inkbrush, since the line of ink is narrow

Joining back now

DaBoss

In one match with Violet on underpass, I rushed out the right side safely, saw Violet shoot in my direction then face the other way. The ink trail landed far in front of me, two seconds later I popped.
I mean that you would find yourself touching enemy ink more often with the blasters rather than chargers, so it would be of more use to blasters, but it is still up to personal preference.

ryechu

Shouldve kept it. If you start using chargers, you are goin to regret that shit. And you will never reroll shoe back.

Top Bottom