• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

backlot

The thing is if you push into enemy territory you are putting yourself in a disadvantage, whereas defending from a passive position puts you in the advantage. If you die during a rush and your teammates are unable to cover for you then that can also be game deciding.

But if you die during a rush your opponents have to move the tower farther than they would if you died defending the center. You have more time to respawn and intercept them.

These are both valid strategies but I just think constantly pushing the tower is safer most of the time.

Zing

Banned
More than once I'vs sniped a guy, even got the death sound and he just took 2 steps and transformed into Kraken as if nothing happened. Or hit 5 times a guy with the .52 Gal and him not dying.
Opponent activated kraken before you shot. You both have lag, so it isn't as though he has advantage. As for the 52, it is significantly affected by defense up. Always wear damage up gear when using it.

Does anyone here happen to have Red Work Boots equipped on their character at all? Somehow I seem to be missing 3 out of the 4 shoes with Quick Super Jump, they've never been in my shops.
I have them and can wear for you. I'm online now and happen to be going quick jump gear anyway (although wearing red lotops at the moment. Are you on my friend list?

If you have the point advantage already, it's still beneficial to push because the team that has the tower in enemy territory theoretically has the point advantage, the time advantage, the space/time advantage (they have to move to tower further than you do, which takes time), the map advantage (ink covering more of the map for their team if they're smart), and more opportunity to simply end the game with a win. The other team has multiple disadvantages and has to work harder to win.
Nice post!

Violet_0

Banned
It is a huge problem when your weapon requires pin point precision and you do nothing wrong, you miss because the player isn't where he appears to be on your screen, while they have rollers that cover an entire cone of space and one hit KO you. It's broken

if there isn't much lag I believe the positions are more or less displayed accurately, it's just that hits don't register immediately which leads to all those stupid double kill situations

the biggest problem I have with my shitty connection is that I can't retreat properly, I get splatted countless times in situations where I'd normally just swim out of range and take another shot if the lag is particularly bad

regarding the kraken transformation though, that's definitely an unfair advantage and I know it happens all the time with me so ... uh, sorry

Zing

Banned
Ok, the game is ruined for me. The shadows of clouds in the plaza do not match up with the clouds in the sky, and exist regardless of sky conditions. BROKEN!

DaBoss

makes me happy to see there is another kraken sniper convert
I'm not a convert. :p

I happened to have this E-liter as the most recently used one so I chose it. This always happens when I go to choose an E-liter despite wanting to use the normal one lol.
I thought it went faster when more than one of your teammates were on the tower, but what you say makes more sense. Thanks!
This is true as well.
regarding the kraken transformation though, that's definitely an unfair advantage and I know it happens all the time with me so ... uh, sorry
This is always hilarious. I'm like yes, I have my Kraken out now and your Kraken is gonna run out. "I got you no-wat".

Then you go at the speed of light with like 50x Swim Speed Up lol.
Does anyone here happen to have Red Work Boots equipped on their character at all? Somehow I seem to be missing 3 out of the 4 shoes with Quick Super Jump, they've never been in my shops.
I believe I ordered one. I don't think I have one.

Geg

Some of my worst defeats in tower control came from my team refusing to push forward or defend the tower when it was going into enemy territory and the opponent team pushing super hard with all their members into ours. So yes a good team pushing forward together on tower control has a ton of advantages over the team trying to take the tower back

Violet_0

Banned
This is always hilarious. I'm like yes, I have my Kraken out now and your Kraken is gonna run out. "I got you no-wat".

yeah for whatever reason the kraken is causing all sorts of issue. As long as I remain relatively stationary as a charger I just get the usual delayed kills

the problem is that I'm too used to having a panic button now

I have them and can wear for you. I'm online now and happen to be going quick jump gear anyway (although wearing red lotops at the moment. Are you on my friend list?

I haven't actually played in any GAF rooms yet, my NNID is AzureSymphony if you wanted to add me though.

StAidan

But splatfests have "proven" that regional matchmaking doesn't solve lag issues and may instead make them worse.

Yeah, I had just as much lag and player disconnections during both Splatfests as I've seen any other time. It's just the reality of the game, I think.

atr0cious

I do, they're pretty fly. Spent 8 snails trying to get a good roll(fuck you, spyke). My nnid is my gaf name.

Zing

Banned
Hopping on now.

Yesterday, Violet made me hate the splash wall as he would shoot me through it because it wouldn't be up or it went down on his screen. Gonna go back to the octobrush and do some beakoning.
Good, I'll join you. Accept my friend request first!!

correojon

Opponent activated kraken before you shot. You both have lag, so it isn't as though he has advantage. As for the 52, it is significantly affected by defense up. Always wear damage up gear when using it.
I'm not saying he has advantage, I'm saying that the game sometimes gives you false info and there's nothing you can do to overcome it. As for the Gal thingy, no amount of Defense Ups can make you survive 5 hits from the .52.

Violet_0

Banned
Hopping on now.

Yesterday, Violet made me hate the splash wall as he would shoot me through it because it wouldn't be up or it went down on his screen. Gonna go back to the octobrush and do some beakoning.

right, that would be another potential advantage you get from lag, the wall probably pops up with a small delay on my screen. I don't think I could have hit you before the wall went down, though, since it would likely stay up a bit longer on my end as well

I think I'm gonna record a video later on to check how long it takes to do 100 damage with a Splat Charger with Damage Up versus a full a charge with the Squiffer

atr0cious

right, that would be another potential advantage you get from lag, the wall probably pops up with a small delay on my screen. I don't think I could have hit you before the wall went down, though, since it would likely stay up a bit longer on my end as well

I think I'm gonna record a video later on to check how long it takes to do 100 damage with a Splat Charger with Damage Up versus a full a charge with the Squiffer
Nah, the wall is a set timer, so it goes down first on your screen. I streamed it, so you can check it for yourself, but you hit me through it a couple times, either as it's up, our right before it goes down. It's not your fault, and I say as much on stream, at least you're not a roller, and it makes me think through how I engage you. Which is why I usually use the nozzle for my sniper hunting, I'm way more mobile. Heaven help you if the nozzle gets a spray wall though, I had a couple good gets on you as well, because of it.

Violet_0

Banned
Nah, the wall is a set timer, so it goes down first on your screen. I streamed it, so you can check it for yourself, but you hit me through it a couple times, either as it's up, our right before it goes down. It's not your fault, and I say as much on stream, at least you're not a roller, and it makes me think through how I engage you. Which is why I usually use the nozzle for my sniper hunting, I'm way more mobile. Heaven help you of the nozzle gets a spray wall though, I had a couple good gets on you as well, because of it.

oh, cool I'll watch the video later on. I'd like to see the matches from another perspective
I think you were one of the players with whom I usually experienced a longer kill delay. Take my word for it, every time the splat symbol doesn't show up immediately after a kill I want to cringe

e: well apparently I wasn't the only one lagging at least, heh
oh my, I can't believe I played tryhard in a 3v4 match

I will say that I generally hate Walleye Warehouse for TC because i've noticed if the enemy has the tower the damn thing just zooms towards our side while when we have it it goes slow as fuck.

Robotguy

I tried playing blaster again last night and it was a struggle.
I feels like if I'm playing decent opponents I have to land every shot or I'm dead. My aim is just not that good.

Heng

I tried playing blaster again last night and it was a struggle.
I feels like if I'm playing decent opponents I have to land every shot or I'm dead. My aim is just not that good.
Try sneaking up on them. It's hard to be effective with it if you don't have a lot of room to move around. With practice, you'll be able to land 1 shots with blaster, you just have to keep playing them.

Robotguy

Try sneaking up on them. It's hard to be effective with it if you don't have a lot of room to move around. With practice, you'll be able to land 1 shots with blaster, you just have to keep playing them.
That's what I've been trying. Didn't have a whole lot of times last night where I had enough ink to be comfortable, which probably a lot of the problem cause I couldn't get set up for good shots.

Zing

Banned
With Blaster, it really is all about the mobility. Ensure that you ink everything behind you so you can keep distance.

Geg

lol I had some wildly inconsistent matches with gaf yesterday. One game I was the only person on our team with a positive K/D and another on the same map I go 0-7

noshten

So I've been playing E-liter in Ranked this weekend, and I de-ranked quite a bit(lowest was A-70 hadn't been that low since begining of June). But I'm starting to get the hang of it. I guess I will continue trying to rank up with the charger.

Octobrush is decent but I don't know what the best loadout in terms of clothes is - on one hand I want main saver, on the other I don't seem to get as may kills without some damage ups.

Anyhow played a few games with the KrakOn and that reminded me how difficult it is to carry people going full retard, going to post a Screenshot later. I had one game in Tower Control where I killed the enitre enemy team and went on to paint the route of the tower in the Rig map. Meanwhile my team was climbing the platforms and we had no one on the tower. Maybe a tutorial about the objection of the different modes should be mendatory for people who are constantly runing games.

DaBoss

I went to change weapons and order Heng's headgear thinking it was the quad Damage Up thing, but instead it was a Tenacity with triple Damage Up headgear lol. How do you do it, Heng?

WALKMAN04

I'm not a convert. :p

I happened to have this E-liter as the most recently used one so I chose it. This always happens when I go to choose an E-liter despite wanting to use the normal one lol.

This is true as well.

I believe I ordered one. I don't think I have one.
The tower does not move faster if more people are on it it only moves faster retracing your old path on the enemy side so if the tower is on your side( closer to your spawn) and is resetting back to the middle it will move at the same speed on its own regardless of whether your team is on it or not, because I believe it already goes the max speed. This has always been my understanding of the mode, I'm pretty sure it's right.

Edit: someone let me know what maps are on after the map switch

Heng

I went to change weapons and order Heng's headgear thinking it was the quad Damage Up thing, but instead it was a Tenacity with triple Damage Up headgear lol. How do you do it, Heng?
I got so lucky with RNG lol. I only spent 6 snails to get the glasses too.

No wonder we got dominated...

So how do I play against GAF people?
Add me at roger1991 and I'll join a gaf room so you can add others.

DaBoss

The tower does not move faster if more people are on it it only moves faster retracing your old path on the enemy side so if the tower is on your side( closer to your spawn) and is resetting back to the middle it will move at the same speed on its own regardless of whether your team is on it or not, because I believe it already goes the max speed. This has always been my understanding of the mode, I'm pretty sure it's right.

Edit: someone let me know what maps are on after the map switch
Check the top when multiple people are on the tower and it isn't retracing the path. The counter will go down quicker when more people are on.

Mall and Towers for TW, Underpass and Depot for TC.
I got so lucky with RNG lol. I only spent 6 snails to get the glasses too.
That's crazy. Maybe one day Spyke will give me a replica.

Heng

Playing the brush made me get use to -1 sensitivity as a charger. Maybe with more practice I can go even higher.

I was only able to have Spyke give me 2 of the 3. =(

Did you order those Plum Casuals off of me? Same skills and everything.
I got them off violet, although it was 2/3 slots.

WALKMAN04

Check the top when multiple people are on the tower and it isn't retracing the path. The counter will go down quicker when more people are on.

Mall and Towers for TW, Underpass and Depot for TC.

That's crazy. Maybe one day Spyke will give me a replica.
I just did a quick search, and there seems to be debate as to whether it does or not, no official place says that it does though. So I don't know I guess I will try it out myself and count in my head or something to see if it does. Thanks for telling me about the maps, gonna hop on now and collect my snails to add some slots to gear and upgrade them. Also you seem to always be asking Spyke to order some gear for you, can you order something you already have and replace what you used to have.

Robotguy

Seems like it should be pretty easy to settle this whole tower control thing with some match footage and a stopwatch, or by counting frames if you want to go that far.

Geg

I think I noticed it goes faster toward the middle if someone's on it too compared to it just resetting its position by itself

Robotguy

Has anybody here seen this exploit yet?
http://imgur.com/utve7l1

Seems pretty pointless to exploit your ranking like that but using it for on sub ability unlocks would make getting unfavorable sub ability combos a lot easier.
I had heard that some people had worked out a ranking exploit, but I didn't know the details. Didn't know we there was still a reroll exploit though.

Has anybody here seen this exploit yet?
http://imgur.com/utve7l1

Seems pretty pointless to exploit your ranking like that but using it for on sub ability unlocks would make getting unfavorable sub ability combos a lot easier.

Getting the sub abilities on the gear you want is still tedious since the whole process of,

• put save backup onto usb
  • load Splatoon with usb in
  • go through the announcements every bootup
  • reroll with Spyke
  • then either usb->wii u on good rerolls or wii u->usb on bad rerolls
takes about 4-5 minutes every time, if you do this, swallow some pride, and do 3-4 rerolls before you do the last step instead of 1 to save time

Top Bottom