• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Finalow

nice, new map.

I think I'll play some more in the gaf rooms (fuck lolranked, trench experience is too real) and then I'm done with the game, probably until the big update next month.
gotta work on that infinite backlog

btw, do I get anything from painting stuff in the credits? Also do I get anything from getting all the scrolls, I'm missing 4.

Maengun1

Yessssssss when we first heard what all the unreleased stages were, Camp Triggerfish was the one I was most excited for by far! Finally!

This is the last on-disc stage, right?

J@hranimo

Banned
wNRwe68.jpg

I finally figured out a set (and weapon) that I am most consistent with in splat zones. Also these shoes perfectly got 3 ink recoveries abilities as it leveled up :)

This will be my carbon roller loadout for now, I don't plan on rerolling anything because so far this is pretty good for me plus I don't want to deal with Spyke screwing me over. It does have an emphasis on the inkzooka and being able to keep meter up for as well as use for as long as possible.

What works better with suicide rolling, Quick Respawn, Quick Super Jump, or a combination of the two?

This guy is already breaking the game

http://www.twitch.tv/mrpmri

Out of all the streamers I've seen, this guy never loses. Max quick respawn suicide roller. I think that ability scales too well.

Never mind then, using 3 mains and 1 sub of the ability makes dying in ranked much less frustrating.

Also, the equipment screen needs an organizer, so you can sort by brands, abilities, stars, slots, freshness, etc.

Edit: Well, that was the laggiest match of ranked ever, framerate below the 30's the whole match, and laggy chargers killing me in kraken form.

Gsnap

Camp Triggerfish?? Finally. Probably my most wanted map since it was shown. Mainly because it breaks from the urban setting.

Gattuso

so far after only having the game for a day, i'm really enjoying it. it's pretty easy to get a grip on the controls and the layouts of the stages quickly. seems like it doesn't take long to level up at all.

Enforced

so far after only having the game for a day, i'm really enjoying it. it's pretty easy to get a grip on the controls and the layouts of the stages quickly. seems like it doesn't take long to level up at all.
Nice. I'm looking forward playing with you once I come back from vacation.

I had the scariest lag experience of my (Splatoon) life just now.

I'm pressing toward the enemy team with a seeker as coverage and it explodes but then there are two enemies standing in the ink spread from my seeker and their standing models are sliding around there at a fevered pace blasting me from every angle. After I die, I see them both twitch out and then explode.

I was attacked by the Splat Grudge. Splat Grudge is real.

I don't think we've ever gotten official art of the octolings without their goggles.

That was the only thing I noticed *shrug*

Yeah, they should save playable Octoling girls and boys for the sequel IMO.

just the weird tentacle things

I thought those things are the young octopi. They can be male or female according to one of the trailers, makes sense that there would be boy ones too when they turn old enough.

This guy is already breaking the game

http://www.twitch.tv/mrpmri

Out of all the streamers I've seen, this guy never loses. Max quick respawn suicide roller. I think that ability scales too well.
I watched one match to see their loadout on victory. Three mains are quick respawn. Three of 9 subs are also quick respawn. A few Ink save Sub as well.

But seeing quick respawn turn into near instant* respawn...that is something else.
*-Like instant coffee

J@hranimo

Banned
Yesterday morning I was B+ with 92 points. One. More. Match. Then I took a couple of matches and now I have 2 points left. Fuck. Lag, bad team members and bad playing from my part all hit at the same time.

It is such a great struggle it can be discouraging at times. I've raged at ranked matches in general way more than getting bodied in gaf rooms lol. We're almost to the August update so we won't have to wait too long for friend matchmaking!

I watched one match to see their loadout on victory. Three mains are quick respawn. Three of 9 subs are also quick respawn. A few Ink save Sub as well.

But seeing quick respawn turn into near instant* respawn...that is something else.
*-Like instant coffee

Imagine if someone managed to roll a full set of 9 quick super jump sub abilities onto 3 main quick respawn, that'd be a monstrous build.

DaBoss

And the demo icon has no shades which means it most likely is different than the testfire stuff. Maybe has different maps and stuff.

J@hranimo

Banned
Their new Testfire and should have 3 maps instead of 2 with the inkbrush, nozzlenose, and blaster weapons added to the original 4 to select from.

Expose them to more things this game has to offer. Splatoon is a lot more than what we got back in early May.

Geg

It's most likely aimed at kids just starting summer vacation in Japan. On the logo the big yellow word at top is "Summer vacation!" while the word in the yellow speech bubble thing is "kids"

phanphare

Banned
Their new Testfire and should have 3 maps instead of 2, inkbrush, nozzlenose, and blaster weapons added to the original 4 to select from.

Expose them to more things this game has to offer. Splatoon is a lot more than what we got back in early May.

they should limit the weapons to just E-Liters, Inkbrushes, and Blasters and make them play on Moray Towers only lol

Any word on when the slow drip of content is going to cease?

I haven't been on in a few weeks. Figured I'd wait a bit and let some content/changes pile in, but I can't resist the pull of the GOTY much longer.

StAidan

Sigh... I made it to B+ (again) last night thanks to a sweet winning streak. Decided to play a bit this morning before work and had a pretty mixed experience ending at B+ 24.

My final round was a loss with a team of Bs against A and A- ranks. I had 10 splats to my name at the end, my three teammates had 1 splat to share between them, where they seemed to spend most of their time standing on OUR SIDE of the wall in Kelp Dome, tossing bombs over the wall and spamming C'MON!! to each other.

Ugh.

Geg

Yeah part of the reason I'm apprehensive to play more ranked is I don't want to fall back into the B+ hellhole. If I do play it'll only be splat zones on certain stages, I think I'm done with tower control until the august update and I can play with gaf.

It was posted in the other thread but here are the floodgates in camp triggerfish.

Any word on when the slow drip of content is going to cease?

I haven't been on in a few weeks. Figured I'd wait a bit and let some content/changes pile in, but I can't resist the pull of the GOTY much longer.
Probably won't stop for a while, there are still a ton of unreleased weapons. This will be the last stage on disc for a total of 10 stages, but they teased 14 back in the Splatoon direct, and the ads for Splatoon during EVO claimed there would be more new stages in August too.

Hello SplatGAF. I don't own a Wii U, YET. Been contemplating getting one for this game though. What say you?
I feel like I already know what your answer is going to be aha
I am a big fan of remote play via my Vita. Does this game play well through the pad? I don't mind playing on my TV screen but I enjoy laying down in bed with a small screen in front of me. I just don't know if it's even possible with this game, or if it isn't laggy as heck lol!

Crayolan

Hello SplatGAF. I don't own a Wii U, YET. Been contemplating getting one for this game though. What say you?

Getting a console for a single game is not a good idea. Thankfully, the Wii U has a lot of great exclusives. Make sure there are some other games on the system you want before buying.

Yes, the game plays well with the pad, but you can't play only on the pad, you need both the pad and TV. I've never seen any form of noticeable lag on the gamepad...ever.

I am a big fan of remote play via my Vita. Does this game play well through the pad? I don't mind playing on my TV screen but I enjoy laying down in bed with a small screen in front of me. I just don't know if it's even possible with this game, or if it isn't laggy as heck lol!
This is the first game that has made me take a break from smash bros because it's so addicting

I've put in over 200 hours into Splatoon since it came out. I haven't done that with a game ever.
I've put in over 200 hours into Splatoon since it came out. I haven't done that with a game ever.

Getting a console for a single game is not a good idea. Thankfully, the Wii U has a lot of great exclusives. Make sure there are some other games on the system you want before buying.

This is the first game that has made me take a break from smash bros because it's so addicting

Only game I have ever played for a long time was Destiny. I tend to be a "hit it and leave it" kind of guy, so I'm scared of buying this and getting bored easily. I see the game keeps getting new content added in though, that would be an incentive to keep playing. Plus the community seems really active and welcoming.

As for the other games, that's a good point. So far other stuff that interests me would maybe be Bayonetta. As for the future, Xenoblade is looking mighty fine, as is SMTxFE but aside from that... I am not a big fan of Mario games. With the NX announcement next year I feel like I would only be getting this only to put it aside in a year or two /:

Vecks

There's no off-tv play.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

May as well, man. You'll definitely get your mileage out of it. Best Buy sells a Wii U that comes with Splatoon, by the way.

You are required to use the Game Pad in concert with the TV in Splatoon. Nintendo has fancy tech in the Game Pad so that there is no lag (seriously). The Game Pad has too short of a range (from one side of a living room to the other, basically) to use it in your bed, even for off-TV playable games like Hyrule Warriors or Mario Kart — unless your Wii U is in your bedroom, that is.

Top Bottom