• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I'm surprised at how many people don't understand that playing with randoms is not how you judge the quality of a weapon for Turf Wars. Yes, I'm referring to *that* person in *that* thread. You have to play with really good peeps to accurately judge a weapon.

phanphare

Banned
I'm surprised at how many people don't understand that playing with randoms is not how you judge the quality of a weapon for Turf Wars. Yes, I'm referring to *that* person in *that* thread. You have to play with really good peeps to accurately judge a weapon.

I was at a loss for words when it was implied that you are a detriment to your team if you're not using an aerospray lol

like whaaaa?

ryechu

i honestly dont understand how anyone can argue that the aerospray is better for turfwars than the tentatek or anything with ecolocator. .

Gsnap

Honestly, at this point I wish I could find a gun that wasn't the aerospray that had the sub/special combo I enjoy. If the tentatek splattershot had a seeker I'd be in heaven.

Splash = Jr. = Silver Aerospray >>>>>>>>>>> Gold Aerospray

In terms of "Poops out ink really quickly with shit range" weapons IMO. But I do think Splash is the best at combat due to having actual accuracy.
Yea the accuracy is a huge plus but like you said the range is poor. Been trying practicing with it. I hope to get good with it eventually as a 3rd option

atr0cious

My internet went comcastic so I'm taking that as a sign I need a break. Thanks to all who stopped by the stream. I'll stream the new map tomorrow if anything.

Enforced

Saw this from Miiverse. Made me lol.
"Splat of War"
MlWA770y-0gDPdDbH2

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think 1.2 got rid of that Spyke glitch that was helping people keep their money or something like that.

yeah pretty sure that's that one

It also improved the framerate in the plaza. It's still not a full 60 now, but at launch it was down at 30fps I think

I think it was lower and variable at launch. now it's a stable 30fps, I believe.

Thanks, guys. I updated my post above.

Sony md 7506 monitor headphones and an antlion microphone.
Speaking of headphones, they make listening for weapons such as sneaky Rollers and Brushes much easier. Just last night I was attempting to invade the enemy base as a Charger (lolwut?) and heard the slide of a brush behind me. It took me less than a second to realize that we have no Brushes on our team, so I dropped a Splat Bomb behind me as a detterent to get to the upper side of their spawn. I did die, but the Splat Bomb took care of the Brush (shoutouts to ruining Guy Sloth's flawless kill streak at Walleye. =P)

But yeah, my point is that it's easier to listen for things with headphones. I have some Sennheiser HD558s that I use.
Saw this from Miiverse. Made me lol.
"Splat of War"
MlWA770y-0gDPdDbH2

I lol'd.

Geg

lol, I feel the same way sometimes in GAF rooms haha

just gotta keep truckin' on

I used to feel that way but I think I've gotten a lot better

Granted there are still some members that it's like fighting a brick wall trying to play against lol

phanphare

Banned
I used to feel that way but I think I've gotten a lot better

Granted there are still some members that it's like fighting a brick wall trying to play against lol

yeah I feel like I can hang with GAF. I'm a bit inconsistent though.

I mostly only feel that way when I suicide multiple times in a match on a map like Bluefin or Moray Towers. ironically those are the times when I get a higher score than everyone else because I'm inking my way back to the middle so much lol

Arowana Mall is really shit tbh.
Played ranked on Arowana earlier. The enemy team had a E-liter positioned up high on the grid, a dynamo spreading ink from the center down the ramp, 1 gal and 1 splattershot cleaing up around and securing the third route to the center... My team had no chance. Even when we occasionally did take out some of their outposts via specials, they had placed so many beakons so ey came back full force. Completely locked battle.

phanphare

Banned
1. Custom Splattershot Jr. - 321,522p
2. .52 Gal Deco - 227,377p
3. Splattershot - 140,337p
4. Splash-o-matic - 98,208p
5. Blaster - 58,273p

At work but off the top of my head it should be:

1) Tentatek Splattershot
2) Splattershot Jr.
3) Splash-O-Matic
4) .96 Gal
5) Dual Squelcher

I used the SplatterGod Jr forever around release time but I don't use it anymore. The Splash-O-Matic probably beat it, though.

Rize_21

1. Krak-On Splat Roller - 466207p
2. Dynamo roller - 425470p
3. Gold Dynamo Roller - 107797p
4. Aerospray MG- 89820p
5. Splat Roller - 63617p

Regiruler

Hey guys, is it worth re-rolling my headphones for the triple special duration up or is 2 and attack up good enough?

It's not worth it.

Although I find sinking snails into getting more slots to be a better investment in general.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, my hero charge is somewhere above 500k.

Splat Charger - 472,142
E-Liter 3K - 186,350
Inkbrush - 83,030
Splat Roller - 80,559
New Squiffer - 64,856

Yeah.

I do have several above 40k, so there's that.

That list isn't impressive after about 215 hours of play. Heh.

phanphare

Banned
Everyone with a blaster in their top 5 is dead to me.

Except phanphare cause his #1 is Custom Jr, can't hate that.

;p

truth be told I haven't used the custom jr. in a while, I just used to main it with randoms

brought it into a GAF room and found out pretty quick that I'm not viable with that weapon set lol

Top Bottom