• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Is the Jet Squelcher more susceptible to having the cursor snap to ledges than other guns? That's what it feels like to me.

Also, every time there was a disconnect, it was on Arowana Mall. I feel like the game is trying to tell us something.
Come to think of it I think I do notice more cursor snap with other weapons.
Wish I could turn it off sometimes.

GGs. Unfortunately, I didn't switch to the one weapon I'm actually any good with - the Krak-On Roller - until the room was like me, two other GAFers, and randoms who made me want to cry. I'm really bad at predicting the movements of randoms because they do things that make no fucking sense, like run straight at me with aerosprays.

Also I am never using a .52 Gal without a Damage Up ever again get bent splatacus </3

GGs. Unfortunately, I didn't switch to the one weapon I'm actually any good with - the Krak-On Roller - until the room was like me, two other GAFers, and randoms who made me want to cry. I'm really bad at predicting the movements of randoms because they do things that make no fucking sense, like run straight at me with aerosprays.

Also I am never using a .52 Gal without a Damage Up ever again get bent splatacus </3

Were you Nathan? GGs earlier if so. I was also using the Octobrush. =P

Heng

Is the Jet Squelcher more susceptible to having the cursor snap to ledges than other guns? That's what it feels like to me.

Also, every time there was a disconnect, it was on Arowana Mall. I feel like the game is trying to tell us something.
I think it might be due to their arcs of each shot. It's one of the reasons why I have to fight at max range when I use that gun.

Crayolan

While on Recon, I found these tires you can actually paint and hide in.

I was looking for stuff like this in recon but didn't find much. This is good to know, considering I end up just sitting around waiting in that general area for a lot of the match anyway.

Protip for Camp Triggerfish: Don't run off solo into the enemy base via the floodgates, all the high ground and ledges make you pathetically easy pickings if even a single person stays behind to defend.

Zing

Banned
It's called bunny hopping; it's quite annoying, and will hopefully be nerfed in a future update.

Reducing damage by 50% while jumping should do the trick.

I absolutely ABHORE people who jump up and down whilst shooting.

You two should consider reading Playing to Win/
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

Everyone is playing Jet Squelcher now. What the hell?

"Welcome to Camp Triggerfish!"

J@hranimo

Banned
Honestly thinking "back", the Splatoon Direct had Camp Triggerfish footage and this person was using the Jet Squelcher in the middle and I thought

"Wow. What a great weapon! It looks so effective on this map! I'll definitely main it" lol

Reminder we still have this gear coming:
6g4UVDC.png

YnQBo0W.png

JYyMGQV.png

Zing

Banned
I joined phanphare and had the worst team I have seen in a while. Good work "dad"!

Anyone else playing? I'm joining Kingjolly now.

Violet_0

Banned
I thought it would be kind of interesting to poll GAF's favorite/least favorite map now that all on-disc maps have been released, if anyone wants to participate
What's your favorite map?
What's your least favorite map?

current standings:

best map
1) Kelp Dome (really, GAF?)
2-3) Blackbelly Skatepark/Moray Towers

worst map
1) Arowana Mall (people really don't like the chokepoint, eh)
2) Port Mackerel
3) Urchin Underpass

looking pretty good so far, though I think Camp Triggerfish deserves more love
How many was that? 9?
yeah, my team's kill score: 0, 0, 1, 9 (<me)
we won and Heng was in the other team so that makes the victory extra sweet

current standings:

best map

worst map
2) Port Mackerel
3) Urchin Underpass

Yeah Triggerfish is my new favourite map, the map has so many ways to tackle and fighting someone on top of the high walls is just awesome.

Followed close behind moray and walleye.

Don't get the urchin Underpass or port hate though, depot is a hell lot worst than those 2 and kelp dome is all right I guess but a real pain in tc.

WALKMAN04

current standings:

best map

worst map
2) Port Mackerel
3) Urchin Underpass

Well I just voted for port as my favorite and urchin as my least, but I like all the maps. Surprised kelp dome is so high though.

J@hranimo

Banned
LOL so what I said about my one vote still holds true.

I dunno guys, I just perform my best on that map. So what you want but for that reason it is my fav.

oh people like Kelp Dome cause of EASY MONAY without going through ranked just to lose every other match just to make some decent money.

Zing

Banned
So uh, apparently throwing a bomb moves you forward a bit. I was standing on a ledge and fell off just from pressing the bomb button.

Geg

So uh, apparently throwing a bomb moves you forward a bit. I was standing on a ledge and fell off just from pressing the bomb button.

Shooting in general does that for me. I can't stand on a ledge and fire because I always fall off

Crayolan

People must really like to add slots and reroll if they need money so bad. I'm sitting here with over a million and not much to do with it.

Zing

Banned
I added many slots to my 1 star stuff and the rest did go to spike to feed his need.
I am the same. I've added probably 50 slots to items, amd rerolled about four times.

If you aren't jonesing for money, you must be wearing the same old camo hat, anchor tee, and blue moto boots. :D

Heng

current standings:

best map

worst map
2) Port Mackerel
3) Urchin Underpass

I would have voted camp triggerfish but I haven't played it enough to call it my favorite. Also let's not being up that last match. -_-

Anbec7

So new to the Splatoon worldz here...

Any tips?
I just want to ask how the hell some people have 3 Defense up in one pice of gear? Isn't that random?

Africanus

So new to the Splatoon worldz here...

Any tips?
I just want to ask how the hell some people have 3 Defense up in one pice of gear? Isn't that random?

Very random, but there are certain gears that have a higher chance for certain subs.
The person likely spent many snails or 30000 x n amount to get that.

Top Bottom