• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

atr0cious

I'm not talking about inkbrush/roller users that jump once during the start of their attack wind-up, but users who hop constantly the entire f*king game.

I find it hard to believe that the devs wanted everyone to constantly jump up and down while playing. Like fire hopping in Mario Kart, it's an exploit that has no business being in the game.
I'm sorry, but all the weapons get benefits from jumping. Some weapons even change spray patterns depending on whether you're on the ground or not. Hell, my alternate main, the nozzlenose, requires jumping in close quarters so that the spray changes to a wide pattern instead of straight line so I can manage being strafed.

Maybe you should be jumping more?

I'm not talking about inkbrush/roller users that jump once during the start of their attack wind-up, but users who hop constantly the entire f*king game.

I find it hard to believe that the devs wanted everyone to constantly jump up and down while playing. Like fire hopping in Mario Kart, it's an exploit that has no business being in the game.

Jumping up and shooting is definitely not an exploit. It's a part of the game, lol...

Regiruler

I'm sorry, but all the weapons get benefits from jumping. Some weapons even change spray patterns depending on whether you're on the ground or not. Hell, my alternate main, the nozzlenose, requires jumping in close quarters so that the spray changes to a wide pattern instead of straight line so I can manage being strafed.

Maybe you should be jumping more?
Jumping as a charger is pure shit. Nice generalization though.
Jumping up and shooting is definitely not an exploit. It's a part of the game, lol...
I guess being a slow moving target is also part of the game.

Seriously, no matter what rapid your using your horizontal goes to shit if you keep spamming the jump button. Scrub kills are so easy.

I guess being a slow moving target is also part of the game.

Seriously, no matter what rapid your using your horizontal goes to shit if you keep spamming the jump button. Scrub kills are so easy.
?

I never said otherwise. He called it an exploit, but I fail to see how it is one.

Sinthetic

Best score so far on Triggerfish. Come at me.

mPnNDUg.jpg

Azure J

I was wondering who threw the Disruptor in the Wombo Combo and then I realized it was me.

And during the 10 minute mark of your first charger video, you tell me to take advantage of your lines, but why would I? There's no advantage for me to charge into their spawn area when there was so much turf to cover in the floodgates area. The win condition is most turf inked and I was using a weapon good for covering turf, not for gunfights.

Figures.

Also I was thinking that you'd be able to cove faster and move in with me even if at a slower pace. You're right though.

Really? All you have to do is bait the jump and either punish them at the apex or on their landing.

Best score so far on Triggerfish. Come at me.

mPnNDUg.jpg

That top tier Aerospray doing work.

phanphare

Banned
I just want to try tower control on triggerfish lol

I've gotten moray towers like 7 times in a row now

edit: jesus, looking at my last post time I've almost gone an hour without triggerfish!

edit 2: finally!

WALKMAN04

Joined Walkman prior to more crushing SFV Disappointment :/
I wanted to play ranked honestly, but it was lagging quite a bit, so rather then risk my perfect rank I'll just level up equipment. And I disconnected so maybe it is just me
I just want to try tower control on triggerfish lol

I've gotten moray towers like 7 times in a row now

edit: jesus, looking at my last post time I've almost gone an hour without triggerfish!

edit 2: finally!
It was pretty good the few games I tried on it, my team made a crazy push when we were getting our asses kicked the whole game and ended up winning lol
Edit: I'll join back soon Greg, if your still on

VICI0US

camp triggerfish is really fun. my wife and I took turns playing last night. I'm just barely hanging onto my A+ rank, she's almost at B-.

ambushing the enemy from behind and stealing their splatzone was super satisfying

Ahnez

Remember, this is the first day after a new map release

Server issues were expected :p

Imagine how it will be after the update..

Geg

So, I had an excellent time @ Camp with SplatGAF. The archive is here and I highly recommend watching it all, but there were some choice moments that had to get highlighted:

- Wombo Combo
- My Favorite Summer Camp Memories
- Unsolved Mysteries | Part 2
- xXx_MLG_PrOsCoPe_420_xXx | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

If YouTube isn't your fancy, they're all highighted on my stream now. The first three videos are self explanatory. The last is a set of me getting stupidly SSS rank snipes only to miss everything easy ever.

"15-3 are you serious" lol I played a game with Red on Kelp Dome once where he went 19-0. Thank God he was on my team

Thanks for the vids, your streams are a lot of fun to watch & play in

DaBoss

Remember, this is the first day after a new map release

Server issues were expected :p

Imagine how it will be after the update..
The servers never really had a problem for other maps. And the Japanese Splatfest is happening right now.

I just think it is the terrible Internet connections in the Americas and PAL regions rearing its ugly head out right now.

DaBoss

Azure J

Watching my brother play Splat Zones on Camp. They put all the Splattershot Jrs, his Splash-o-matic and a Sploosh-o-matic on one team while the other team gets 2 Squelchers, a Kelp Splatterscope and a E-Liter 3K Scope.

Splatoon™.

Geg

That reminds me, here's Violet's poll:

No one's least favorite map is Walleye Warehouse!

And Arowana Mall has the majority in regards to least favorite map.

I don't get the love for blackbelly skatepark. It's like the one map in the game I don't have an opinion on either way

Top Bottom