• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

cloudyboy

Neo Member
Reminder we still have this gear coming:
6g4UVDC.png

YnQBo0W.png

JYyMGQV.png

And Ika DLC (even if I fear it will stay in Japan).

The only hat I have with three of the same subs. The perfect ink saver hat, I'm never taking it off.
Also got a communication error, good games!
I hate how it looks but hey to each their own right? #forge headphones for life!
This game good? I just picked it up.

Any starting advice for a newbie?
Play the single player first to learn the controls. I mean you don't have to but this way you can also access the weapons that come from defeating the bosses. :D and welcome to the world of squid kids!

Honestly, on Arowana Mall they should make the Splat Zones set-up the one for Turf Wars too.

As for Urchin Underpass, "breaking through" can typically be done through good coordination. Thankfully, this game has great communication tools like a wide choice of preset commands and voice chat to help significantly with that.

ryechu

There is something interesting I found. The sub weapon ink cost of the bucket shown in the trailer is burst bomb levels of ink consumption. None of the bucket weapons have burst bombs. Additionally, looking at the commercial again, it doesnt look like it sprays wide like the triple bucket nor explodes like the bomber bucket. The bomber buckets range is also like ridiculous. Which makes it likely the default weapon of the class, the Super Bucket.
The regular super bucket has the 60% cost splash wall. Nero has 60% ink consumption ink mines and fits the "nero" or black color scheme. But the sub tank clearly shows a 25-30% ink consumption marker. Maybe the ink mines will get buffed in the new update. Just a hunch, but the bucket shown looks like a "standard" model, and it clearly launches just one ball, and its black. Plus i did a line measurement and the ink cost is more inline with 30% as opposed to the 25 of burst bombs.

Robotguy

So, I just had to explain to my parents that I've been playing a game where you transform between being a squid and a kid. I think they think I'm weird now.

Zing

Banned
Dual Squelcher is so relaxing compared to blaster or sploosh. No jumping, so running around, just hanging back and shooting. Although, it sometimes takes up to seven hit to splat!

I've definitely seen faster... but I don't think I have a good control of the charge time either. I just go by gut feeling. :p

I do that, but I mostly listen to the sound of the charge and release once I recognize the right sound frequency. The parts that sucks is that there are times where you charge just shy of OHKO and they live while you die. =(

Totakeke

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between Violet's amazing shots and lag shots.

I do that, but I mostly listen to the sound of the charge and release once I recognize the right sound frequency. The parts that sucks is that there are times where you charge just shy of OHKO and they live while you die. =(

That's my main issue with the e-liter actually, the weaker sounds at lower charges tends to make me think that I don't have enough charge.

Violet_0

Banned
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between Violet's amazing shots and lag shots.

the problem is if you shoot me and I live on for a moment and kill you in return. The same happens to me too, from time to time. Around-the-corner kills are nothing more than delayed deaths and it's not exactly a good thing for me

Zing

Banned
Waiting for rotation then heading back in.

Kelp Dome and Moray Towers. Let's do this.

Okay, I'm in a game. Join me if you can. :D

bomma_man

It sucks that most of the three sub gear is ugly. Kinda undermines the whole "lookin fresh" thing. Unless Nintendo is tryin to teach us that fashion comes at the cost of practicality.

Totakeke

the problem is if you shoot me and I live on for a moment and kill you in return. The same happens to me too, from time to time. Around-the-corner kills are nothing more than delayed deaths and it's not exactly a good thing for me

Those head-on kills I'm kinda used by now, but there was one shot where I was swimming between the inaccessible platform to the middle platform and you got a kill through that narrow angle between the two higher boxes in the middle. I wasn't sure if that was because of lag or you really did pull off an amazing shot.

Heng

It sucks that most of the three sub gear is ugly. Kinda undermines the whole "lookin fresh" thing. Unless Nintendo is tryin to teach us that fashion comes at the cost of practicality.
Are you talking about slots on the three star gear? Once you hit 20, you can add as much slot to any gear until there are 3 slots from Spyke for either a sea snail or 30,000 coins.

Top Bottom