• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Severance

I bought Splatoon a few days ago and I can't get over how great this game is. I was purely a PC/PS/Xbox gamer for years and bought a Wii U a month ago. Forget the cinematic experiences and open worlds, the Wii U and Splatoon especially make me feel like I forgot how to have unadulterated fun while gaming.

i played almost 20 hours in 3 days and I worked 9 hours each day. Some friends wanted to make plans last night and I totally blew them off to play Splatoon. Its been a long while since any game has had a grip on me like this one. Time to spread the good word around to my gamer friends and see if I can help bolster those Wii U sales some more.

Vena

I bought Splatoon a few days ago and I can't get over how great this game is. I was purely a PC/PS/Xbox gamer for years and bought a Wii U a month ago. Forget the cinematic experiences and open worlds, the Wii U and Splatoon especially make me feel like I forgot how to have unadulterated fun while gaming.

i played almost 20 hours in 3 days and I worked 9 hours each day. Some friends wanted to make plans last night and I totally blew them off to play Splatoon. Its been a long while since any game has had a grip on me like this one. Time to spread the good word around to my gamer friends and see if I can help bolster those Wii U sales some more.

They should quote you on the box.

atr0cious

Today was fun, thanks everyone who showed up in the stream, and great seeing Boney again as well. Great games all, special shout out to Heng for those battles. Gotta do that again.

Jims

Thanks for hopping into those randoms I was playing at the end, atr0cious. I was just playing with a buddy at a time, so it was cool when you showed up!

I like your Moray Towers setup with the .96 Gal Deco. Chase me up my ramp with the Kraken and then BOOM! Splash Wall. Those Splash Walls give me fits on that level.

Those rounds where we just dice up the randoms are fun. We'd go 13-2 and 12-0 and stuff on the same team, then 4-4 or 5-3 or 7-5 on separate teams.

Heng

Today was fun, thanks everyone who showed up in the stream, and great seeing Boney again as well. Great games all, special shout out to Heng for those battles. Gotta do that again.
GGs, we should really do it again sometimes. It's very uncommon for me to find a good opponent who doesn't complain about my blaster. GG to everyone who joined as well.

Ah, sorry Heng. The hunt is gonna have to be delayed by 2-3 hours. I'll probably be on at 10:30 or 11 PM PST.
Ah might put it off another day then. It's a bit too late for me to get on around that time, but if I'm awake I'll join you.

ryechu

Great. Just know that now no matter what you try to do to convince other non WiiU-ers that it has a good number of exclusive games, you are a rose-tinted goggle Nintendo fan in denial. I think Vita is more popular than the Wii U on GAF.

After three different lobbies where I had consecutively carried a hopeless team (i'm pretty sure I had more kills than the rest of the team combined all three times), I had to quit before getting kicked back to B-. We're talking Level 20s who presumably managed to get to B and B+ with their own skill, but showed Testfire-levels of "where the fuck are you guys, what are you doing over there, I'm fighting them all by myself, WHERE ARE YOU, how did you all die to a kraken" map awareness.

atr0cious

Thanks for hopping into those randoms I was playing at the end, atr0cious. I was just playing with a buddy at a time, so it was cool when you showed up!

I like your Moray Towers setup with the .96 Gal Deco. Chase me up my ramp with the Kraken and then BOOM! Splash Wall. Those Splash Walls give me fits on that level.

Those rounds where we just dice up the randoms are fun. We'd go 13-2 and 12-0 and stuff on the same team, then 4-4 or 5-3 or 7-5 on separate teams.

Most definitely. I didn't know who you were on my list, but I'm glad I joined. Great games, wish I didn't have to take off, waiting to clock in right now, but we'll definitely play more together in the future

GGs, we should really do it again sometimes. It's very uncommon for me to find a good opponent who doesn't complain about my blaster. GG to everyone who joined as well.

Ah might put it off another day then. It's a bit too late for me to get on around that time, but if I'm awake I'll join you.
I love a good challenge. The best part of any game is figuring out new challenges and working out ways to deal with them. And it's not like the blaster is easy to use, or everyone would be using them. Could you tell I kept changing my approach, at least when I wasn't worried about your teammates? A+++ would ink again.

StAidan

If anyone sees me online in the next 30 mins or so, probably shouldn't join lol. My 4 year old wants to try out turf war.

Zing

Banned
It's been 54% - 46% for a while, so it seems for his fans at least, they are even.

Which i'm surprised at lol.
Well, the average player is terrible at this game, so this may have some correlation.

I'm back in love with the blaster. Actually, I've been having fun with all the weapons lately. It's fun to swap out depending on mode, stages, and mood. Those who just use same gear all the time are missing half the fun.

J@hranimo

Banned
Honestly the Tentatek Splattershot has been one of the best overall since day 1.

Then again I've always said the Splattershot is the AR of Splatoon. Suction bombs and Inkzooka are just damn good.

Africanus

Tower Control.

The weapon was featured in the treehouse video, due to suction bombs being able to stick to the tower.

I never watched that video, I accidentally came to that conclusion haha.

At first I was using multiple weapons with suction bombs, like the splat roller, splash o matic, et cetera. However, each weapon had some debilitating quirk that just wouldn't work for me. Either it was short ranged like the splash o matic, had a special that wasn't my style like the splat roller, or felt unorthodox like the rapid blaster.

It was at that moment that I thought "I wish there was a regular gun that just happened to have suction bombs."

I looked through my weapon inventory to discover a weapon I had bought and forgotten about, going unused.
It's name?
Tentatek Splattershot

Zing

Banned
There must be a lot of people at rank A+. I just noticed that all my games are filled with all A+ rank. At the other ranks, there was always a mix.

Jims

It's weird watching yourself on a stream. Never done that before. It was odd how every game where I was on atr0cious' team I rarely saw myself on the stream. Dude is super aggressive in his playstyle, whereas I play a kind of defensive zone-control kind of game. So we rarely saw each other. I guess that's good team chemistry, though.

(But maaaaaan am I worse on Moray Towers than Blackbelly Skatepark. It's like night and day with my scoring.)

Also, I jump a lot more than I thought I did. Ugh, I am one of those people.

Geg

It's weird watching yourself on a stream. Never done that before. It was odd how every game where I was on atr0cious' team I rarely saw myself on the stream. Dude is super aggressive in his playstyle, whereas I play a kind of defensive zone-control kind of game. So we rarely saw each other. I guess that's good team chemistry, though.

(But maaaaaan am I worse on Moray Towers than Blackbelly Skatepark. It's like night and day with my scoring.)

Also, I jump a lot more than I thought I did. Ugh, I am one of those people.

Yeah it's a lot of fun watching matches you were in from different perspectives and see what was going on in the map while you were elsewhere.

I played a lot of matches in Azure's stream before camp triggerfish unlocked on Friday and I rarely ran into him too. He didn't notice I was in the room until like my fifth game with him lol

Totakeke

Oh yeah, I went out and got an RCA adapter to headphone jack today so my headphones are not plugged into the component cables and I realized that you can only hear Booyahs from the gamepad. This sucks. :(

Azure J

2 E-Liters, a Kelp Splatterscope and a Blaster versus 3 tentateks and a roller.

On tower control
On Walleye Warehouse

Fuck this game

What happened to our lobby? Get SplatGAF in here!
Tell me about it.

That killer wail... so annoying.
I must be lagging too because DaBoss splatted me by ninja-jumping out of my own ink :/
Weapon variety is not just range. You don't want 4 people to have the same sub or special let alone the weapon itself lol.
Sometimes it works out, 3 of my 4 teammates in one of those matches had the sprinkler for a sub and it made it so easy for us to clean up after we got invaded.

Btw, was that you trying to sneak under the bridge? That was pretty bad timing, I was just coming down from the level above >.>

Top Bottom