• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Totakeke

Weapon variety is not just range. You don't want 4 people to have the same sub or special let alone the weapon itself lol.

It was just a clarifying question :).

If we take range out of the equation, usually randoms are bad enough it doesn't really matter. If they made weapon variety matter than they're really pretty good randoms in my book.

I have one, will see if I can get on later tonight.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I misread that it was damage up instead of defense up. :/ Still, thanks!

Geg

tumblr_ns48zkfu2l1uva98io1_1280.jpg
Art

Totakeke

I often have to wonder how do all these A+ people get 4x gear like this headband.

wfHCEua.jpg

Is it the number of snails from splatfests? Are they actually using the exploit? Or do they just play endlessly and end up with a lot of money to reroll? Yeah they must be lucky too, but there's too many of them at A+ to be the only factor. Or maybe they got the deets on Spyke deals.

Gonna call it a night so I can order it tomorrow. GGs to the people I've played with earlier.

Heng

I love a good challenge. The best part of any game is figuring out new challenges and working out ways to deal with them. And it's not like the blaster is easy to use, or everyone would be using them. Could you tell I kept changing my approach, at least when I wasn't worried about your teammates? A+++ would ink again.
Yeah I noticed you would start off with a disruptor then go after me. I then thought "Okay I'll just shoot him when he throws it" and you surprised me out of nowhere with just straight up shots. Well played man. :)

atr0cious

It was just a clarifying question :).

If we take range out of the equation, usually randoms are bad enough it doesn't really matter. If they made weapon variety matter than they're really pretty good randoms in my book.
I've found that with randoms, more often than not, a mixed team will beat a team with a duplicate weapon, unless they're Bob Ross level 1s. You can usually call a match before it's started just by looking at the match up, especially between equally matched teams.

Totakeke

I've found that with randoms, more often than not, a mixed team will beat a team with a duplicate weapon, unless they're Bob Ross level 1s. You can usually call a match before it's started just by looking at the match up, especially between equally matched teams.

That's probably true, but we were having more GAF members in one team vs. the other with more randoms and we were still held back pretty well. That usually doesn't happen and it happened quite a few times in that lobby.

I often have to wonder how do all these A+ people get 4x gear like this headband.

wfHCEua.jpg

Is it the number of snails from splatfests? Are they actually using the exploit? Or do they just play endlessly and end up with a lot of money to reroll? Yeah they must be lucky too, but there's too many of them at A+ to be the only factor. Or maybe they got the deets on Spyke deals.

Gonna call it a night so I can order it tomorrow. GGs to the people I've played with earlier.
It's possible if you consider how much cash you make in the higher ranks. Probably threw everything they had at Spyke for it.

atr0cious

That's probably true, but we were having more GAF members in one team vs. the other with more randoms and we were still held back pretty well. That usually doesn't happen and it happened quite a few times in that lobby.
Meh, if gaffers have one issue, it's that they all play certain play styles and only really play that role. Not many break routine, especially charger gaf, opting for perches instead of inking until it's too late(i know some of you do!). I feel I even enable some of them as when I play I'm always staying back to cover, so they can dominate with constant pressure.
Yeah I noticed you would start off with a disruptor then go after me. I then thought "Okay I'll just shoot him when he throws it" and you surprised me out of nowhere with just straight up shots. Well played man. :)
I noticed your first shot was always poking for range and a hit and not necessarily for accuracy, so I knew the second would hit me, and the nozzle doesn't have enough ink after a disruptor depending on range, so I had to start changing where our engagements would take place using your fireworks to signal inking ground where I would eventually attack you from.

Totakeke

At A+, you earn 4500 per win. That, combined with a couple dozen snails can get you whatever you want. Once someone has one, it's only 50,000 to order.

Most recently I've been ordering damage up gear non-stop on my both characters for two weeks now and I've only managed to get 2x damage up at most on a gear so far. Because ordering gear is limited once per day it's definitely not the only factor I feel.

Meh, if gaffers have one issue, it's that they all play certain play styles and only really play that role. Not many break routine, especially charger gaf, opting for perches instead of inking until it's too late(i know some of you do!). I feel I even enable some of them as when I play I'm always staying back to cover, so they can dominate with constant pressure.

I don't disagree, charger gaf was absent from that lobby though. :p

WALKMAN04

wfHCEua.jpg

They have had an extra splatfest, so that's more snails. Also they probably only play ranked while we play mostly turf war with each other so we don't have as much money. Just a lot of luck and rerolls, that headband is god like though, I want it so bad lol

what possesses a person to decide that it's ranked mode where they want to practice sniping

everyone else is trying desperately to push the tower and you're standing on the box near spawn missing every shot. we are getting murdered because we need another person in the middle and you're not contributing at all

fuck

ryechu

wfHCEua.jpg

i need that hat. That is my next project. 3 dmg ups, 1 ink saver main, 1 ink recovery, and ink resistance.

SM239

GGs all. Need to get going it's almost 11:30 here. Need to work late tomorrow as well so idk if I'll even have time to play. =[

Geg

Oh yeah, good games Greg and everyone else. Really starting to hate urchin underpass when the opponents have a capable charger

Jintor

i can't wait to play tower control or splatzones with you guys, I really hope those migrate out of ranked eventually (or at least into friend ranked or something). I just don't really enjoy standard as much (and getting into a gaf room is waiting room hell also)

atr0cious

i can't wait to play tower control or splatzones with you guys, I really hope those migrate out of ranked eventually (or at least into friend ranked or something). I just don't really enjoy standard as much (and getting into a gaf room is waiting room hell also)
Yup. Tower control on camp is gonna be on repeat in gaf rooms, I cannot wait. That map is so insanely fun.

Top Bottom