• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Totakeke

I wonder at what point they'll start doing paid DLC or does Nintendo think the good sales of Splatoon are more than enough to warrant the continued stream of free content. They did prepare a good amount of content even with their low initial expectations of Splatoon. Although it must be said that Splatoon isn't exactly content rich compared to other full-fledged Nintendo console titles.

I definitely wouldn't mind paying for music DLC if they're going that route.

Robotguy

I wonder at what point they'll start doing paid DLC or does Nintendo think the good sales of Splatoon are more than enough to warrant the continued stream of free content. They did prepare a good amount of content even with their low initial expectations of Splatoon. Although it must be said that Splatoon isn't exactly content rich compared to other full-fledged Nintendo console titles.

I definitely wouldn't mind paying for music DLC if they're going that route.

One of the recent interviews said that they had no plans for paid DLC.

Heng

Oh yeah, good games Greg and everyone else. Really starting to hate urchin underpass when the opponents have a capable charger
This is why rushing to the middle and controlling it is important when you don't have someone who can deal with the sniper. I'm not saying that you guys didn't get to the middle fast enough, but this needs to be said anytime it applies to maps that have a bad choke point.

Haha I was hiding in ink on bluefin, when suddenly I noticed something moving close tomthe camera in enemy ink. I turn around and is about to shoot when I notice that it's a fucking butterfly. Then I get a roller in my face...

Zekes!

Man, these Japanese players go hard. I need to undergo some training montage or something.

So guys, I've almost exclusively played with the Splattershot during my entire time with the game. What weapon should I learn next?

Heng

Man, these Japanese players go hard. I need to undergo some training montage or something.

So guys, I've almost exclusively played with the Splattershot during my entire time with the game. What weapon should I learn next?
It would depend on your play style, but I would say maybe the dual squelcher? Or you could just use the splattershot tentatek like most of the population.

Meh, if gaffers have one issue, it's that they all play certain play styles and only really play that role. Not many break routine, especially charger gaf, opting for perches instead of inking until it's too late(i know some of you do!). I feel I even enable some of them as when I play I'm always staying back to cover, so they can dominate with constant pressure.

I noticed your first shot was always poking for range and a hit and not necessarily for accuracy, so I knew the second would hit me, and the nozzle doesn't have enough ink after a disruptor depending on range, so I had to start changing where our engagements would take place using your fireworks to signal inking ground where I would eventually attack you from.

=( Surely this doesn't include me, does it? It's important to know if I get caught being too predictable.

Zekes!

It would depend on your play style, but I would say maybe the dual squelcher? Or you could just use the splattershot tentatek like most of the population.

I feel like I'm still figuring out my play style. I'm definitely all about moving around quick, that's for sure. If anything, I'm all about being adaptable, which is probably why I've stuck with the Splattershot this whole time.

ryechu

I don't know, I'm starting to think that 4 players with Inkzookas could dominate in Tower Control

4 tentateks are a nightmare on splatzones as well on non-chokepoint maps like blackbelly. You just lose territory as they come from all sides. You cant play control since 4 ink zookas.

Jintor

problem is tower control is very much about covering ground around the tower as well and splattershots are just too middle of the road to really be good at that

like every other mode you need a good mix of mid-rangers, far-ranger deterrent and close range spreaders

RedFyn

There was discussion in the media create thread about the games (so far just in splatfest) product placement and advertising potentially being included to cover the cost of the dlc. It makes sense and I'd be fine with it if they did more.

Nico_D

problem is tower control is very much about covering ground around the tower as well and splattershots are just too middle of the road to really be good at that

If there's one update I'd like to see, it would be changing the outfit during matchmaking and maybe seeing what others have. Now it's a bit of double luck: good for you if you get capable team mates and great if the team's arsenal is diverse.

Heng

I feel like I'm still figuring out my play style. I'm definitely all about moving around quick, that's for sure. If anything, I'm all about being adaptable, which is probably why I've stuck with the Splattershot this whole time.
Hmm... aerospray and dual squelcher does require a lot of movement if you play aggressive with it (get as much kills to control the map). The N-zap is another good one and maybe the forge splattershot.

If you want to try a different style where you fight at max range, try any of the gals and jet squelcher. If you want to stealth around and get kills, rollers and blasters are great options as well.

Gonna try and play.
I'll be on soon if you're down for some games.

There was discussion in the media create thread about the games (so far just in splatfest) product placement and advertising potentially being included to cover the cost of the dlc. It makes sense and I'd be fine with it if they did more.
That... would be okay in my book. Doesn't cost us any money and free dlc.

atr0cious

=( Surely this doesn't include me, does it? It's important to know if I get caught being too predictable.
I'll admit I know where to find you on a couple maps if you're charger. It's why I try only to give general tips on the game, I think people see success and copy it, especially in a new type of game like this. Last time I noticed this was during early Guild Wars when people were still figuring out PvP and the 2 profession builds. It's best to focus on general inking technique and the roles weapons might play.

Geg

I was so proud at the very beginning of that first match with Heng I was like "Whoa I took out Heng with his blaster"

Cue him killing me like five times that game

GGs guys I was starting to feel real bad for that level 3 kid.

Top Bottom